Smoked Deviled Eggs is a twist on an old classic recipe. These deviled eggs are full of smoked flavor and easy to make with simple ingredients.
Smoked Deviled Eggs Recipe:
If you love deviled eggs as much as my family, try smoking them. Smoking the eggs gives it so much smoky flavor. This is the best deviled eggs recipe that you will be making over and over.
Deviled Eggs are a holiday staple. They are budget friendly and can be made with simple ingredients. There are many recipes for deviled eggs, but this one is the ultimate way to make them.
This show stopping recipe will have your friends and family coming back for more. The tangy filling is loaded with flavor and the perfect side for holiday dinners or your next BBQ.
What are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled eggs are a staple holiday side dish. They are hard boiled eggs that have been sliced and stuffed with simple ingredients. The filling is made from the egg yolk, mayo, and simple seasoning.
This creates a beautifully displayed dish that is always a family favorite.
- Large Eggs
- White Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Chopped Chives
How to Make Smoked Deviled Eggs:
- Step 1 – Boil Eggs – Add the eggs to a large pot and cover them with water. Heat over medium high heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Step 2 – Let Eggs Rest – Remove from heat, cover and let the eggs sit in the water for 12 minutes.
- Step 3 – Place eggs in ice bath – Remove the eggs from the water and place them in an ice bath for 5 minutes to chill the eggs.
- Step 4 – Prepare Smoker – Preheat a smoker to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 5 – Prepare Eggs – Peel the eggs and carefully cut them in half. Scoop out the yolks and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Step 6 – Place eggs whites in smoker – Place the egg whites on a rack in the smoker and smoke them for 30 minutes. Then remove the eggs from the smoker.
- Step 7 – Prepare Yolk Mixture – While the eggs are cooking, mash the egg yolks in the bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, white vinegar and salt. Cream this mixture together with a hand held mixer to make the mixture smooth.
- Step 8 – Add mixture to piping bag – Place the mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe the mixture onto the egg whites.
- Step 9 – Fill Egg Whites – Top the deviled eggs with the paprika and chopped chives.
- Step 10 – Serve and Enjoy – Chill until ready to serve and enjoy.
How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs:
The perfect way to make hard boiled eggs is following these steps.
- Place eggs in a sauce pan and cover with water.
- Bring the water to a rapid boil.
- Once the water is at a rapid boil, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Cover the saucepan and set a timer for exactly 12 minutes.
- Then remove the eggs from the saucepan and place in a ice bath to stop them from cooking. Keep them in the ice bath cold water for about 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, peel the eggs and prepare to start making the Smoked Deviled Eggs.
How Long to Smoke Deviled Eggs:
If you love the smoky flavor that the smoker gives your dishes, then you will want to try this recipe. It only takes about 30 minutes to smoke Deviled Eggs and you will be amazed by the results.
What Type of Pellets is Best?
For smoked deviled eggs, I recommend sticking with the milder wood chips. We recommend using apple, maple, or cherry when smoking these eggs. The eggs absorb a lot of the flavor, so it is best to stick with milder wood pellets.
Recipe Tips for Deviled Eggs Smoked:
- Boil Eggs – Make sure to properly boil eggs to create the perfect yolk. The yolk is the base of the deviled egg filling so you want it to be cooked properly.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning when making the yolk mixture. You can add in smoked paprika, pickled jalapenos,
- Vinegar – If you only have apple cider vinegar, you can use that instead of white vinegar.
- Adding the Filling – We like to use a piping bag to fill the eggs. But you can also just scoop with a spoon and place in the egg hole.
Smoked Deviled Eggs Toppings:
Deviled Eggs can be topped with many different toppings. Get creative and add your favorites. Here are some of ours:
- Hot Sauce
- Crumbled Bacon
- Chopped Green Onion
- Salt and Pepper
How to Store Deviled Eggs:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Print Recipe for Smoked Deviled Eggs:
Smoked Deviled Eggs
- 12 Large Eggs
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons White Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoons Chopped Chives
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- Add the eggs to a large pot and cover them with water. Heat over medium high heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and let the eggs sit in the water for 12 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water and place them in an ice bath for 5 minutes to chill the eggs.
- Preheat a smoker to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the eggs and carefully cut them in half. Scoop out the yolks and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Place the egg whites on a rack in the smoker and smoke them for 30 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, mash the egg yolks in the bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, white vinegar, dijon mustard and salt. Cream this mixture together with a hand held mixer to make the mixture smooth.
- Place the mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe the mixture onto the egg whites.
- Top the deviled eggs with the paprika and chopped chives.
- Chill until ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe