Make these easy Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs for all your summer BBQ’s. The marinade leaves these chicken thighs so flavorful.
Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Recipe:
We love to grill out these Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs for a weeknight meal or for BBQ’s. The marinade is made with easy ingredients and simple to make. The entire recipe comes together quickly.
This is has become our favorite weeknight meal. We love to add to add some grilled vegetables or shred and toss with our favorite salad.
Boneless skinless chicken thigh on the grill taste amazing but you can also make these thighs in the oven or the air fryer.
What to Serve with Chicken Thighs?
When we are preparing this chicken thighs on the grill, we love to make sides that can be made on the grill. This means that it saves time and money.
- Grilled Green Beans in foil
- Grilled Carrots in Foil
- Quick & Easy Grilled Sweet Potatoes in Foil
- Easy and Delicious Zucchini Spears Recipe
Why we love Grilling Boneless Chicken Thighs?
Grilling Boneless Chicken Thighs are a family because of the dark meat. They are rich in flavor and naturally juicy. Even if overcooked, they still will be full of flavor and juicy.
Boneless Chicken thighs are just easier to grill. No need to worry about the bones getting in the way of making your chicken is done.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Soy Sauce
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
How to Grill Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs:
- Mix Ingredients for Marinade – In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, soy sauce, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Marinade Chicken – Marinade the chicken thighs in this mixture for at least 30 minutes but overnight is preferred.
- Prepare Gas Grill – Then preheat the grill over medium high heat and rub the grill grates with olive oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grates.
- Grill Chicken Thighs – Then add the chicken onto the grill and reduce the temperature to medium. Grill the chicken for 7-10 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature for 165 degrees F.
- Serve and Enjoy – Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Grilled Chicken Thighs:
- Marinating – We like to marinate our chicken thighs for at least 30 minutes. If you are able to, marinate the chicken overnight.
- Oil Grates – To prevent chicken thighs from sticking and burning, make sure you oil the grates.
- Meat Thermometer – Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure chicken is done.
Can I use Bone-In Chicken Thighs?
You can use bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe but they will take longer to cook. Grill bone-in thighs for 9-14 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Then let the chicken rest for at least 5 minutes and the chicken is ready to enjoy!
How long do Chicken Thighs take to Grill?
Cooking time will depend on what temperature you put your grill on. If you use medium high heat and depending of the thickness of thighs it will take about 7 to 10 minutes to cook your thighs.
An instant read meat thermometer is the best way to know when the chicken is ready to enjoy. Make sure that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Use the meat thermometer at the thickest part of the chicken thigh.
Grilled Chicken Thighs are a Family Favorite:
Chicken thighs are often a meat that is overlooked. It is one of the most juiciest, flavorful part of the chicken. Plus they budget friendly, compared to chicken breast.
Chicken thighs have more flavor and are easier to cook as they don’t dry out as fast as chicken breast.
Marinating the chicken in the easy seasoning making them full of flavor. We love to baste in BBQ sauce, marinate in Italian Dressing or pepper seasoning dry rub.
What temperature should my Gas Grill be for Chicken Thighs?
If you are grilling boneless chicken thighs then your gas grill needs to be set to medium high heat, which is about 400 degrees. Place chicken thighs skin side down on oiled grates over lit side of the grill.
Close grill lid and grill until skin is crispy and chicken internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
How do I Grill Chicken Thighs without burning them?
Follow these tips to ensure that your chicken thighs do not burn.
- Watching the chicken thighs closely will ensure that they will not burn. It will also depend on the ingredients. If you have honey it, it could burn easily.
- Only flip the chicken when it’s ready. If you try to flip the chicken to early, the skin will tear and start to burn.
- You can place the chicken on indirect heat instead directly on the heat flames to prevent it from burning. Cooking chicken thighs doesn’t take long, but just watch it closely.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store any leftover chicken in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. These chicken thighs store great. Perfect for lunch the next day.
We like to store in individual containers for an easy lunch or dinner the next day. We add the side to the dish and shredded chicken thighs. It heats perfectly in the microwave for an amazing lunch.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs:
Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, soy sauce, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Marinade the chicken thighs in this mixture for at least 30 minutes but overnight is preferred.
- Then preheat the grill over medium hight heat and rub the grill grates with olive oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grates.
- Then add the chicken onto the grill and reduce the temperature to medium. Grill the chicken for 7-10 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature for 165 degrees F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe