Grilled Sticky Chicken Thighs are grilled and then basted with a delicious sticky, sweet, tangy glaze. These chicken thighs will melt in your mouth but make sure you have a napkin handy.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Sticky Chicken Thighs:
Boneless Chicken Thighs are gilled perfectly and then basted with an amazing sticky sauce. The easy ingredient sauce and seasoning combined with the tender, juicy chicken thighs make for the perfect weeknight meal.
When it comes to grilling, we grill out a lot of chicken breast and chicken thighs. Chicken Recipes are simple and a crowd pleaser anytime we grill. If done correctly, the chicken comes out full of flavor.
Grilling chicken thighs can be tricky, but if you are patient and stand close by, the results are amazing. Top these chicken thighs with sesame seeds and chopped green onions for an amazing meal idea.
What are Sticky Chicken Thighs?
Sticky Chicken Thighs is a meal that is created with simple pantry ingredients. It is saucy, flavorful and has a hint of Asian taste. We love it because I can turn boneless chicken thighs into something my entire family will enjoy.
This chicken thighs are great on the grill, but can easily be baked. The sticky sauce is close to a your favorite country style rub. We even love to serve the sauce on the side to drizzle over all over out plate.
For the Chicken:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (trimmed)
For the Glaze:
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Sriracha Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Sesame Oil
- Minced Garlic
For the Topping:
- Green Onions, diced
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
How to Grill Chicken Thighs:
- Step 1 – Prepare the Glaze – Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium high heat and bring the mixture to a low simmer.
- Step 2 – Simmer Glaze – Then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the mixture is reduced in half and thickened. Stirring occasionally so that the sauce does not burn. You can leave in the saucepan or pour into a large bowl until ready to use.
- Step 3 – Preheat Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F) and brush the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grill.
- Step 4 – Grill Chicken Thighs – Grill the chicken thighs over direct heat for 4-6 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 5 – Remove chicken and add sauce – Remove the chicken from the grill. Brush the chicken with the sauce from the saucepan. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the chicken is ready to serve topped with the green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy.
How long to Grill BBQ Chicken Thighs?
The cook times will vary based on the size of the chicken. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked to the correct temperature.
Using a meat thermometer will make sure you do not overcook your chicken. We recommend staying close to the grill to ensure your chicken thighs doesn’t burn.
We grilled each side about 5 minutes. They were cooked all the way through and did not burn or dry out. We love to have the chicken thighs to have a crispy skin.
From start to finish these chicken thighs are on the table in less than 30 minutes.
What to Serve with Sticky Chinese Chicken Thighs:
- Fried Rice – This fried rice is delicious and easy to make. You can make this on your Blackstone or on your stovetop. It is the perfect way to use leftover rice and so good drizzled with the sauce.
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – These asparagus bundles are wrapped in bacon and then grilled to perfection. The asparagus is seasoned with simple seasoning and the added flavor of the bacon makes these a flavorful recipe.
- Campfire Potatoes – We love these delicious potatoes. They are loaded with cheese and are delicious as a side with this chicken thighs.
- see more side dishes for chicken thighs
Sticky Sauce Variations:
This sticky sauce is made simply with pantry ingredients. Use what you have or try these other additions or substitutions. You want reserve some of the marinade to drizzle over the top of your plate.
- Honey – We have added in honey in with the other sauce for extra hint of sweet. Apple Cider Vinegar and honey combine balances the flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Add a teaspoon or two of Worcestershire sauce for an extra dose of savory flavor.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Add a bit of spice to your sticky sauce and add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
Why Grill Chicken Thighs?
Chicken thighs are often a meat that is overlooked. It is one of the most juiciest, flavorful part of the chicken. Plus they budget friendly, compared to chicken breast.
Chicken thighs have more flavor and are easier to cook as they don’t dry out as fast as chicken breast. You can grill bone in, skin on chicken thighs or boneless chicken thighs.
Adding the sticky sauce at the end cooking your chicken pieces, reduces the sticky consistency. Making the chicken thighs flavorful.
How to Store Sticky Grilled Chicken:
Store any leftover chicken thighs in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. These chicken thighs store great. Perfect for lunch the next day.
We like to store in individual containers for an easy lunch or dinner the next day. We add the side to the dish and shredded chicken thighs. It heats perfectly in the microwave for an amazing lunch.
Why we love this Grilled Sticky Chicken Thigh Recipe:
- Tender and Juicy Chicken – We love that this stick sauce and seasoning makes the chicken so tender, juicy and full of flavor.
- Easy to Make – Cooking the chicken thighs on the grill make it an easy weeknight meal. It is also a crowd pleaser. Rather I am grilling during the week or on the weekend, everyone loves these sticky Chicken Thighs.
- Budget Friendly – The seasoning and sticky sauce ingredients are simple and more than likely you already have them.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Sticky Chicken Thighs:
Grilled Sticky Chicken Thighs
For the Chicken:
- 8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs trimmed
For the Glaze:
For the Topping:
- 2 Green Onions diced Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium high heat and bring the mixture to a low simmer. Then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the mixture is reduced in half and thickened. Whisk the mixture occasionally so that the sauce does not burn.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F) and brush the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grill.
- Grill the chicken thighs over direct heat for 4-6 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill. Brush the chicken with the sauce from the saucepan. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Then the chicken is ready to serve topped with the green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe