Blackstone Hibachi Chicken is restaurant quality hibachi that you can cook at home. A hot griddle and simple ingredients makes this chicken so flavorful.
Blackstone Hibachi Chicken Recipe:
This Hibachi Chicken is made on the Blackstone Griddle with simple flavorful ingredients. The chicken comes out restaurant quality without leaving the house. All you need is a hot griddle and easy ingredients to make this at home. You might also like our Blackstone Hibachi Steak Recipe.
Cooking on the Blackstone Griddle has become one of our favorite ways to make our food. It has a large service so the chicken cooks evenly and all the chicken is covered with the seasoning and sauce.
Now we can save time and money and make our favorite hibachi recipe at home. This Hibachi Chicken is a crowd pleaser. We add some fried rice and a vegetable and our meal is complete.
What Sauce is used in Hibachi?
The chicken is cooked in a blend of avocado oil and sesame oil. Before the chicken is added to the griddle minced garlic is added to enhance the flavors of the oils that were added.
Once the chicken is cooked, it is then covered with soy sauce and butter and lightly seasoned with pepper. These combined ingredients covers the chicken in a light sauce that is full of flavor.
Yum Yum sauce is also a hibachi sauce that is used to dip your chicken in. It is a blend of mayonnaise, ketchup, rice vinegar, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Avocado Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Soy Sauce
How to Cook Hibachi Chicken on Blackstone:
- Prepare Blackstone Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat 400 degrees F. Drizzle the avocado and sesame oil onto the griddle. You can use any oil with a high smoke point for this recipe. Vegetable Oil, Coconut Oil or Canola oil can all be used instead of the avocado oil in this recipe.
- Cook the Garlic then add Chicken – Add the garlic and cook for approximately 1 minutes to aromatic. Then add in the chicken and sauté turning frequently until the chicken is lightly browned (3-4 minutes per side).
- Top with Soy Sauce and Butter – Then top the chicken with the soy sauce and butter. Stirring until the chicken is well coated with the mixture.
- Season with Pepper – Season the chicken with the pepper.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove and serve immediately while warm and Enjoy.
What is the Seasoning that they use in Hibachi?
When you go to a Hibachi Restaurant they use a combination of the following ingredients.
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
This mixture is used to season the meat and the vegetables that are cooked on the griddle.
I don’t have a Gas Grill, Can I still Make Hibachi at Home?
Yes, of course you can make it on your stovetop. Before we got a Blackstone Griddle, I would put these same ingredients in a skillet and heat over medium heat. I like to use my cast iron skillet but any skillet will work.
Depending on how much you are making, you may need to cook the meat mixture in batches.
Can you Make this Recipe with Beef?
Yes, we love recipes that you can make it your own or use what you have. The seasoning that is used in this recipe will work great with stew meat or any tender meat that you can get at the store.
Cook it the same way with the hibachi sauce and your meal will be delicious.
How to Serve Chicken Hibachi:
- Fried Rice – We love to serve chicken hibachi with some fried rice. We have a Blackstone Fried Rice recipe that you can cook on the griddle and it comes out so flavorful.
- White Rice – If you prefer, you can steam some white or brown rice and serve as a side with this Hibachi Chicken. We also love to squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top.
- Hibachi Vegetables – While you are cooking your chicken, slice up some peppers, onions and other vegetables and cook on the griddle.
- Blackstone Hibachi Rice Recipe
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover chicken and vegetables in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This recipe is perfect for meal prep. Add the leftover in a container with some rice and you can enjoy it all week.
Hibachi Chicken is a Crowd Pleaser:
Hibachi Chicken is something that is cooked at a Japanese Steakhouse on a open-grate grill in a fire bowl. When you go to one of these restaurant their style of cooking is cooking in front of you.
We love making hibachi chicken because of the flavor that the flat-top grill gives the chicken. Combined with the seasoning this is my families favorite way of eating the chicken. We usually add some sautéed vegetables and cooked rice and it because an instant crowd pleaser.
The Blackstone is being used more and more at my house. Between my kids have their friends over and the family coming over, it is a quick way to make dinner and still enjoy time with out guest.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Hibachi Chicken:
Blackstone Hibachi Chicken
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken Breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Drizzle the avocado and sesame oil onto the griddle.
- Add the garlic and cook for approximately 1 minutes to aromatic. Then add in the chicken and sauté turning frequently until the chicken is lightly browned (3-4 minutes per side).
- Then top the chicken with the soy sauce and butter. Stirring until the chicken is well coated with the mixture.
- Season the chicken with the pepper. Remove and serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe