Blackstone Hibachi Shrimp is easy to make and full of flavor. Learn how to make your favorite Hibachi Shrimp at home.
Blackstone Hibachi Shrimp Recipe:
We love to dine at the Japenese Restaurants where they cook in front of you. The Hibachi shrimp is one of my families favorite. Now that we have a Blackstone I can make their favorite shrimp on the flat top at home.
This recipe for hibachi shrimp is full of flavor and the Blackstone gives the shrimp that crispy, juicy texture that we love. The griddle cooks the shrimp fast making it the perfect weeknight meal.
The ingredients for Hibachi Shrimp are simple but the shrimp is still so full of flavor. Even if you don’t have a Blackstone, this recipe and the ingredients can be sauteed in a skillet. Add some rice and veggies and your meal is complete.
What is Hibachi Shrimp?
Hibachi is cooking meat, vegetables, noodles or rice over high heat over a flat-top grill. This style of cooking is usually done in front of a crowd at a Japenese Restaurant. They usually put on a show.
Hibachi Shrimp is cooked on the griddle with butter or olive oil, Asian seasoning on high heat. If you don’t have a Blackstone, you can easily make Hibachi Shrimp on a electric griddle, cast iron skillet, wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Minced Garlic
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Black Pepper
How to Make Hibachi Shrimp on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Grill – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Mix Seasoning Together – In a small bowl, mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin and black pepper. Set aside.
- Butter and Garlic to Griddle – Melt the butter and spread it around the grill with a spatula. Add the minced garlic and sauté for approximately 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add Shrimp to Griddle – Then add in the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp in the butter.
- Top with Soy Sauce – Pour the sauce on top of the shrimp and toss to fully coat the shrimp in the sauce.
- Cook Shrimp – Sauté on the Blackstone grill for 4-5 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through (shrimp will be pink).
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove the grill and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy. For added flavor drizzle with some lemon juice.
How Long to Cook Shrimp on Blackstone Griddle:
When preparing your Blackstone Griddle to cook your shrimp, make sure that it is heated properly. We use a temperature gun to make sure our griddle reaches a temperature of at least 400 degrees before cooking the Shrimp.
Grilled Shrimp only takes a few minutes on each side.
What is the Best Shrimp to use?
The perfect shrimp to use on the griddle is the large, jumbo or colossal size shrimp. We buy the shrimp that is already peeled and deveined. But you can grill shrimp with the peel on.
I like to keep things easy, so I look for the shrimp that is already peeled. When cooking shrimp on the Blackstone, always buy raw shrimp.
We left the tails on when cooking the shrimp, but you can remove them before cooking if you prefer.
Can I use Frozen Shrimp?
Yes, you can use Frozen Shrimp. If you prefer to use frozen shrimp, make sure to thaw before cooking. You can place in the refrigerator overnight or place in a colander and run water of the shrimp to thaw.
We usually get fresh shrimp at the meat counter at our local grocery store, but frozen it also a great option.
How do I know when Shrimp is Cooked?
Cooking shrimp doesn’t take long to cook. Raw shrimp is a gray color before cooking. A perfectly cooked shrimp is firm and curls up without being restricted. It also turns an opaque pink color when cooked.
Since shrimp doesn’t take long to cook, it is important to not overcook the shrimp.
How to Store and Reheat:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. When you are ready to serve, you can reheat in microwave but only for about 30 seconds or until warm.
You can also reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated oven at 300 degrees. Heat for about 10 minutes or until heated.
What to Serve with Hibachi Shrimp:
When we are making hibachi shrimp, we always like to serve with some fried rice and vegetables. The best thing is that I can make everything on the Blackstone Griddle. Cooking on the Blackstone makes the best stir fry.
- Blackstone Fried Rice – This Hibachi Fried Rice is easy to make on the Griddle. The flavor is amazing and the rice get those crispy edge that my family loves. I usually cook it on the other side of the griddle.
- Blackstone Hibachi Vegetables – This Hibachi Vegetables cook up easy on the griddle. They come out tender and full of flavor.
- Yum Yum Sauce Recipe – perfect for dipping shrimp.
If you love going to the Hibachi Restaurants, then you must try our other Hibachi recipes. We have made Hibachi Steak, Hibachi Chicken and Hibachi Vegetables. It will save you so much time and making these recipes at home.
If you cannot find Mirin in your area, you can use dry sherry or marsala wine instead. Dry white wine or rice vinegar will work in this recipe too.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Hibachi Shrimp:
Blackstone Hibachi Shrimp
- 1 pound Raw Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Mirin
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- In a small bowl, mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin and black pepper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and spread it around the grill with a spatula. Add the minced garlic and sauté for approximately 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Then add in the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp in the butter.
- Pour the sauce on top of the shrimp and toss to fully coat the shrimp in the sauce.
- Sauté on the Blackstone grill for 4-5 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through (shrimp will be pink).
- Remove the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Shrimp Recipes:
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- Blackstone Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
- Blackstone Shrimp Tacos Recipe