This Grilled Shrimp Marinade is loaded with flavor and is easy to make. The marinade is made with simple ingredients and makes the perfect shrimp every time.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Marinade for Shrimp on the Grill Recipe:
If you have been looking for the best grilled shrimp marinade this is the one to make. The combination of the spices, oil and vinegar gives you the most flavorful shrimp every time.
Whether you are grilling or baking on a sheet pan this is the best shrimp marinade. Take your fresh shrimp to the next level with this simple marinade.
Make homemade marinade is easy, taste better than store bought and simple to make. Add your favorite side dish for a complete meal idea.
Why You Will Love this Shrimp Marinade:
- Simple Ingredients – This marinade is made with simple ingredients. You can easily make this marinade with ingredients you already have. Save time and money and make homemade marinade.
- Quick and Easy – Add flavor to your grilled shrimp, shrimp skewers or frozen shrimp with this quick and easy marinade. It comes together quick and easy.
- Use it for Everything – This marinade can be used if you are making shrimp tacos. You can also use if you are serving the shrimp with a tasty side dish.
- Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Lemon Juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
How to Make Grilled Shrimp Marinade:
- Step 1 – Combine Marinade Ingredients – In a medium sized bowl combine olive oil and red wine vinegar. Then add in salt, pepper, minced garlic, Italian seasoning. Mix in lemon juice, Dijon Mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Step 2 – Add Shrimp – Add the shrimp and let marinate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Step 3 – Heat Grill – Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Step 4 – Thread Shrimp – Thread the shrimp on the skewers.
- Step 5 – Grill Shrimp – Place on the grill. Grill on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
What is the Best Shrimp to use?
The perfect shrimp to grill or bake with is the large, jumbo or colossal size shrimp. We buy the shrimp that is already peeled and deveined. But you can grill shrimp with the peel on.
I like to keep things easy, so I look for the shrimp that is already peeled. When cooking shrimp on the gas grill, always buy raw shrimp.
We left the tails on when cooking the shrimp, but you can remove them before cooking if you prefer.
What to Serve with Marinated Grilled Shrimp?
Marinated Grilled Shrimp can be served with many different side dishes. It can also be used in many different recipes. Here are some favorite side dishes to try.
- White Rice – Rice is an easy side dish that pairs well with grilled shrimp. You can add different seasoning or fresh herbs to change the flavor. It is also great to prepare ahead of time.
- Grilled Broccoli – When I make grilled shrimp, I like to prepare sides that I can easily make on the grill. Grilled broccoli is a staple and everyone always loves it. It is even better with fresh squeezed lemon wedges on top.
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil – Another easy side dish is grilled potatoes. These grill perfect and with added seasoning makes the best side dish.
How Long to Marinate Shrimp:
We recommend marinating shrimp for at least 30 minutes. But you can marinate overnight as well. We do not recommend marinating longer than 24 hours.
This could cause the shrimp texture to be mushy.
How do I know when Shrimp is Cooked?
Cooking shrimp doesn’t take long to cook. Raw shrimp is a gray color before cooking. A perfectly cooked shrimp is firm and curls up without being restricted. It also turns an opaque pink color when cooked.
Since shrimp doesn’t take long to cook, it is important to not overcook the shrimp.
Marinade for Grilled Shrimp Recipe Tips:
- Combine Ingredients – Thoroughly combine marinade ingredients completely in a bowl. This ensure that every thing is combined before adding in the shrimp.
- Marinating Shrimp – Give time for your shrimp to marinate. It really helps to enhance the flavor when the shrimp marinates.
- Cooking Shrimp – This marinated shrimp can be cooked in many different ways. We like to place shrimp on skewers. But you can also place them in a grill pan or directly on the grill grate. We have even cooked them on the stove top or as a sheet pan dinner.
- Storing Marinade – If you have unused marinade, you can easily pour marinade in a mason jar. Store in the fridge to enjoy again.
- Frozen Shrimp – If you are using frozen shrimp, make sure to allow shrimp to thaw before grilling. Place shrimp in a colander and run cold water over the top until thawed.
Shrimp Marinade for Grilling Variations:
- Marinade Variations – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer. You can easily add in dried thyme, oregano, or fresh parsley. Squeeze fresh lime juice or grate lemon zest. We have even added in soy sauce for a deeper flavor.
- Spice – For added spice to your shrimp marinade add in red pepper flakes. It adds the perfect amount of heat to the marinade.
- Shrimp – When we marinate shrimp, we recommend using raw shrimp. But you can also marinate pre-cooked shrimp but the flavor may not be as strong.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store leftover grilled shrimp in an air tight container for up to 2 days. When you are ready to serve, reheat in the in a skillet over low heat. You can also reheat in the microwave but start with 30 second intervals.
If you have a lot of leftover shrimp, you can freeze it. Place the grilled shrimp in a freezer safe container and store. The frozen shrimp will last about 3 months.
When ready to serve, thaw overnight in the fridge. Then it ready to reheat and serve with your favorite side dishes.
More Easy Marinade Recipes:
Print Recipe for Grilled Shrimp Marinade:
Grilled Shrimp Marinade
- In a medium sized bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, Dijon Mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the shrimp and let marinate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Thread the shrimp on the skewers.
- Place on the grill. Grill on each side for about two minutes or until cooked through.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe