Grilled Broccoli in Foil is the best side dish. The smoky flavor and simple seasoning makes the broccoli florets so delicious.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Broccoli in Foil Recipe:
Cooking your broccoli in foil packets is a game changer. This fool proof method locks in the flavor and makes your broccoli taste amazing. You will love that you can easily add in other vegetables or seasoning to make them your own.
Making broccoli as a side dish is always on the menu. I love how healthy it is and making it aluminum foil makes for an easy cleanup. I even serve them straight from the foil.
We love cooking our veggies in foil as it cooks the vegetables tender and tons of smoky flavor. The next time you need an easy side dish, make these Grilled Broccoli in Foil Recipe. Your family will actually eat their broccoli because of the amazing flavor.
Why we Love Grilled Broccoli in Foil:
- Easy Grilled Side Dish – We grill out a lot during the summer months. When we grill out I always try to make side dish that can be grilled out to.
- Simple Ingredients – This broccoli is seasoned with simple ingredients. Feel free to add your own to this broccoli recipe your own. I have even tossed in other vegetables to make it even easier.
- Easy Clean Up – I am all about a recipe that is easy clean up. Whether I am cooking vegetables in foil or meats. Cooking in foil or a grill basket makes my life so much easier.
- Large Broccoli Florets
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
How to Make Grilled Broccoli in Foil:
- Step 1 – Heat the Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut broccoli crowns into florets. Wash the broccoli and pat it dry.
- Step 2 – Season Broccoli – Place the broccoli on a large piece of foil on grill grate. Season the broccoli with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then dice the butter into pieces and place it on top.
- Step 3 – Seal Foil Packets – Seal the edges of the foil to form a foil packet.
- Step 4 – Grill Foil Packet – Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes. Flipping halfway until the broccoli is tender. Be careful when opening the foil packet as steam will release from the pack.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve foil pack immediately while warm and enjoy. This recipe is ready in less than 15 minutes.
How to Fold Foil Packets for Grilling Broccoli:
- Start with Heavy Duty Foil to make foil packets. They hold up better on the grill and are perfect for the grill.
- Divide broccoli into each sheets of foil.
- Then begin by folding around the broccoli. Making sure that you wrap around the broccoli completely. If you cut to short of a piece, just wrap around a large around it.
- Crimp the edges to ensure the foil is closed completely. This prevents the broccoli from falling out.
- Prepare Broccoli – Make sure to wash and cut the broccoli into about the same size pieces. This helps so the broccoli cooks evenly to make the perfect side dish.
- Heavy Duty Foil – Make sure to pick the right foil. If you do not have heavy duty aluminum foil, double the foil to help keep the broccoli from coming out.
- Foil Packets – When the zucchini is done cooking, carefully open the foil packets. The grilled veggie packets will be extremely hot.
- Grilling the Foil – Grill both sides of the foil so that it completely cooks.
- Butter – Make sure to you use butter or some type of oil to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the foil.
How Long to Grill Broccoli in Foil:
Grilling broccoli in foil doesn’t take long. After placing the packet of chopped broccoli on the grill, then grill broccoli for about 8 minutes and then flip. This will allow the broccoli cook tender.
If you slice the broccoli in large sizes or smaller size then you will need to adjust your cooking time.
- Baking in the Oven – You can also make these in the oven. Bake the foil packet at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes until tender.
- Add other vegetables – You can also add in some diced onions, yellow squash, or sliced carrots. All of these vegetables cook about the same time so the results are a delicious healthy side dish. We have even added in asparagus for added flavor.
- Add in Meats – If you want to cook a complete meal in the foil packets, add in chicken or shredded pork. You can even add in shrimp for delicious light and healthy meal.
- Grill Pan – If you prefer you can cooking broccoli in the grill pan instead of placing in the foil. Cook over medium heat for best results. Make sure to sprinkle your seasoning before grilling.
- Olive Oil – Instead of using butter make this foil packet with olive oil.
- Change the Flavoring – We love to squeeze lemon juice. But I love to drizzle some balsamic vinegar and top with chopped nuts.
Broccoli is a vegetable that you can definitely change the seasoning to a flavor you prefer. These are some of our suggestions.
- Spicy – If you like the extra spice, add in red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper. We usually start with a teaspoon but you can add as much as your prefer.
- Parmesan Cheese – Once the broccoli is finished cooking, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top for delicious flavor.
- Fresh Herbs – Top the broccoli with fresh herbs for delicious flavor. We recommend parsley, thyme and more for added flavor.
- Italian Seasoning – Add a teaspoon of Italian Seasoning for delicious flavor.
- Lemon Pepper – We love the flavor of lemon pepper to add to this delicious broccoli.
How to Know when Broccoli is Done:
Once you remove the broccoli from the grill, carefully open the foil packet. Then poke the broccoli with a fork to check if done. If it is fork tender, then the broccoli has finished cooking.
If it is still hard, then the broccoli will need to finish cooking a little longer.
What to Serve with Grilled Broccoli?
Grilled Broccoli can be served with many different recipes. We like to serve with our favorite grilled meats. These are some of our favorites.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover broccoli in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe for Grilled Broccoli in Foil:
Grilled Broccoli in Foil
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut broccoli crowns into florets. Wash the broccoli and pat it dry.
- Place the broccoli on a large piece of foil. Season the broccoli with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then dice the butter into pieces and place it on top.
- Seal the edges of the foil to form a foil packet.
- Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes (flipping halfway) until the broccoli is tender. Be careful when opening the foil packet as steam will release from the pack.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe