Grilled Zucchini in Foil is an easy side dish and seasoned with simple ingredients. Cooking in foil makes for an easy cleanup and full of flavor.
Grilled Zucchini in Foil:
Zucchini grilled in foil is a simple and easy side dish that is great paired with many different meats. We love cooking our veggies in foil as it cooks the vegetables tender and tons of smoky flavor.
If you love zucchini as much as we do, make our Blackstone Zucchini and Squash Recipe. Grilling vegetables takes just a few minutes and the results are perfectly cooked vegetables.
Cooking veggies in foil makes for an easy cleanup. There is no need to heat up the kitchen when you can cook everything outside. When hosting your next BBQ this summer, add this foil pack Zucchini recipe to the grill.
- Large Zucchini (cut into ½ inch thick slices)
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
How to Grill Zucchini in Foil:
- Step 1 – Add zucchini to foil – Prepare a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Place the zucchini slices in the center of the foil.
- Step 2 – Season zucchini – Dice up the butter and place it on top of the zucchini. Season the zucchini with salt, pepper and garlic. Fold up the heavy duty foil and seal it close to make a foil packet.
- Step 3 – Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Step 4 – Grill Zucchini – Place the foil pack over direct heat on the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per size until the zucchini is tender and cooked through.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill. Carefully remove the zucchini from the foil pack. Serve warm and enjoy!
How Long to Grill Zucchini in Foil:
Grilling Zucchini in foil doesn’t take long. After placing the packet of slice zucchini on the grill, then grill zucchini for about 5 minutes and then flip. This will allow the zucchini cook tender.
If you slice the zucchini in large sizes or smaller size then you will need to adjust your cooking time.
This summer side dish can be seasoned many different ways. We love minced garlic, salt and pepper because I always it on hand.
- Garlic Powder – Instead of minced garlic use garlic powder.
- Zucchini Parmesan Cheese – When you are done cooking the zucchini, open the pieces of foil and sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese. Mozzarella cheese would also be delicious.
- Italian Seasoning – Add a teaspoon of Italian Seasoning for delicious flavor.
- Lemon Pepper – We love the flavor of lemon pepper to add to this delicious summer squash.
- Add other vegetables – You can also add in some diced onions, yellow squash, or sliced carrots. All of these vegetables cook about the same time so the results are a delicious healthy side dish.
- Slice Tomatoes – Fresh slice tomatoes would be delicious added to this foil packet.
- Olive Oil – Instead of using butter make this foil packet with olive oil.
- Change the Flavoring – We love to squeeze lemon, but I love to drizzle some balsamic vinegar and top with slice almonds or bacon bits.
Tips for Grilling Zucchini in Foil:
- Cut Zucchini – Cut zucchini in about the same size to make these grilled zucchini foil packets. This allows the grilled zucchini recipe to cook about the same time.
- Foil Packets – When the zucchini is done cooking, carefully open the foil packets. The packets will be extremely hot.
- Butter – Make sure to you use butter or some type of oil to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the foil.
What to Serve with Grilled Zucchini:
Grilled Zucchini can be served with many different recipes. Here are some of my favorites.
- Grilled Sticky Chicken Thighs – These chicken thighs are grilled perfectly and then topped with a delicious sticky sauce.
- Grilled Lemon Chicken – This grilled lemon chicken recipe is delicious and easy to grill. If you are looking for a grilled chicken recipe to grill along side of your zucchini this is our favorite recipe.
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops – These grilled pork chops are a family favorite. The results are a tender and juicy pork chops.
How to Make Zucchini Foil Pack in Oven:
You can make this recipe in the oven as well. Which makes for an easy side when it is to cold to grill outside.
- Place the foil pack on a baking sheet.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until the zucchini is tender and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy.
How to Cook Zucchini on the Stove:
These zucchini can also be cooked on the stove. Instead of placing the zucchini in a foil packet, place in a large pot to steam.
You can also place in a skillet with some oil and seasoning with your favorite seasoning. Continue to sauté to prevent the zucchini from overcooking.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can reheat these grilled zucchini in the microwave or reheat on the stove top.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Zucchini in Foil:
Grilled Zucchini in Foil
- 3 Large Zucchini cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Prepare a large piece of heavy duty foil. Place the zucchini slices in the center of the foil.
- Dice up the butter and place it on top of the zucchini. Season the zucchini with salt, pepper and garlic. Fold up the foil and seal it close to make a foil packet.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Place the foil pack over direct heat on the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per size until the zucchini is tender and cooked through.
- Remove from the grill. Carefully remove the zucchini from the foil pack. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe