Grilled Brussel Sprouts is a delicious way to enjoy this healthy side dish. Place Brussel Sprouts on skewers, season and grill to perfection.
Grilled Brussel Sprouts Recipe:
We love making easy side dishes when we grill out. Grilling our Brussel Sprouts is a sure way to get the kids to eat them. Threading them on the metal skewers makes for a delicious and easy side to many of your favorite grilled meats.
The grill gives the Brussel Sprouts that charred edges, smoky flavor and cooks them tender. These Brussel Sprouts are seasoned with simple ingredients but can be changed to what you have on hand.
This side dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Thread the Brussel Sprouts on some metal skewers for a flavorful side dish. Serve this easy side with your steak or chicken for an amazing meal.
How to Cut Brussel Sprouts:
The ends are tough so you want to cut these off before threading them on the skewers. It only takes a few minutes and goes very quickly.
I also like to cut the brussel sprouts in halves instead of leaving them whole. They cook better and it stretches this vegetable to feed my entire family.
Remove any yellow or damaged outer leaves then cut sides lengthwise to from tip to bottom.
- Brussel Sprouts (cut in half)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Metal Skewers
How to Grill Brussel Sprouts::
- Step 1 – Prepare Grill and Brussel Sprouts – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Wash the Brussel sprouts and pat them dry.
- Step 2 – Season Brussel Sprouts – Place the Brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the Brussel sprouts to coat them with the olive oil and garlic.
- Step 3 – Add Brussel Sprouts to Skewers – Thread 4-5 Brussel sprout halves onto each metal skewer. Make sure to keep the stems on the Brussel sprouts facing the same directions.
- Step 4 – Grill Brussel Sprouts – Place the skewers directly on the grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side until the Brussel sprouts are tender. Cooking brussel sprouts on the grill with skewers keeps them falling through the grill grates.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Then serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
Are Brussel Sprouts Good for you?
This side dish is a family favorite thanks to the grill. Add the to your grill the next time you are making a steak or chicken. Change the seasoning or add in some bacon to give it more flavor.
Brussel Sprouts are healthy for you and give you so health benefits.
- Brussel Sprouts has omega fatty acids to fight off many different things. Inflammation and heart health are a few of things brussel sprouts that they help fight against.
- They are high in fiber and help with digestive health. They also help to reduce heart disease.
- They are also have high amounts of Vitamin C.
Can I Cook Brussel Sprouts in the Oven?
Yes, you can cook this recipe in the oven. Roasting Brussel Sprouts doesn’t take long to do. After you have prepared them, place them on a baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes.
About half way through the roasting process, shake the pan so that all sides get roasted.
If I am baking in the oven, I do not put them on skewers. I just place them directly on the baking sheet.
Tips for the Perfect Brussel Sprouts:
- Skewers – Use metal skewers for this recipe as the wood skewers are not strong enough to pierce the Brussel sprouts.
- Grill Pan – You can place the Brussel Sprouts on the grill or in a grill pan or grill basket.
- Fresh Brussel Sprouts – We recommend using fresh Brussel Sprouts when you plan to grill. They hold up better on the grill.
- Clean and cut – We recommend cutting the Brussel Sprouts in half and removing any colored leaves.
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts in Foil – Place Brussel Sprouts in foil to cook or on skewers.
Grilled Brussel Sprouts Flavor Variations:
- Balsamic – Brussel Sprouts drizzled with balsamic is one of my favorites. After they have grilled you can drizzle balsamic over the top for a delicious side dish.
- Fresh Garlic – We used garlic powder in this recipe, but you can easily use fresh garlic for amazing flavor.
- Bacon – After grilling this summer side dish, place in a bowl and add some cooked chopped bacon.
- Lemon Juice – Once the brussel sprouts are finished cooking, drizzle with lemon juice for added flavor.
- Onion Powder – For added flavor, mix in some onion powder with the other seasoning.
- Parmesan Cheese – Add parmesan cheese with the other seasoning. You can also sprinkle some over the top after they have grilled.
- Cook with Vegetables – Feel free to add other vegetables or meats to skewers for a complete meal. Cooking food on skewers is fun to do and the grill cooks the food perfectly.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover Brussel sprouts in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We like to store the grilled brussel sprouts in individual container for a quick side dish to add with our grilled meats.
When you are ready to reheat, we recommend placing the leftover on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil over the top and season them.
Place the baking sheet in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for about 5 minutes until heated. You can also reheat in the microwave but the texture will change and the brussel sprouts may become mushy.
Easy Side Dish:
Once the warmer weather hits we love to grill out. We usually use our gas grill but we have been loving cooking on our Blackstone. These Grilled Brussel Sprouts are easy to cook and always turn out so flavorful.
If you are looking for an easy side dish, then this is my go-to. My kids even enjoy them because of the smoky flavor from the grill.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Brussel Sprouts:
Grilled Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussel Sprouts cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Wash the Brussel sprouts and pat them dry.
- Place the Brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the Brussel sprouts to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Thread 4-5 Brussel sprout halves onto each metal skewer. Make sure to keep the stems on the Brussel sprouts facing the same directions.
- Place the skewers directly on the grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side until the Brussel sprouts are tender.
- Then serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe