Grilled Bacon Wrapped Green Beans is an easy side dish or appetizer that easily made on the grill. Simple ingredients gives these green beans so much flavor.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Green Beans Recipe:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Green Beans is the perfect side for the holidays or game day. 4 Ingredients makes these Green Beans so delicious and easy to make. The green bean bundles are wrapped in bacon and then grilled to perfection.
We love the added maple syrup drizzle, which gives them the perfect amount of sweetness. Making side dishes for the holidays are a given, but if you need room in your oven or stove top, use your grill instead.
Smokey, sweet, and savory bacon wrapped green beans are sure to please everyone. Everything taste better with bacon and I know that you can definitely get your kids to eat a green bean bundle.
- Fresh Green Beans
- Maple Syrup
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Green Beans Bundles:
- Step 1 – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Trim the ends of the green beans off and cut the bacon slices in half.
- Step 2 – Wrap approximately 5-6 green beans with a piece of the bacon and secure it to the green beans with a toothpick.
- Step 3 – Season the bundle with the salt. Then place the bundles directly on the heat and cook for 10-12 minutes flipping every 2-3 minutes until the bacon strips is crispy and cooked through.
- Step 4 – Brush the bundles with the maple syrup and cook for 1-2 minutes to heat the syrup through.
- Step 5 – Remove from the heat, serve warm and enjoy.
How to Grill Green Bean Wrapped in Bacon:
We love to grill green beans wrapped in bacon. We love the flavor that the grill gives the bacon and how charred the green beans get.
After preparing the greens beans by cleaning and trimming them, then wrap in bacon. Secure with a toothpick to make sure the bacon stays on the green been bundles.
Grill for about 10 minutes and staying nearby the grill so that the bundles do not burn. Grill the bundles until the bacon is crispy and cooked thoroughly and the green beans are tender.
Brush the cook bundles with maple syrup and serve. The perfect side for the holidays or serve as a game day appetizer.
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans in the Oven:
If you prefer, you can make these Bacon Wrapped Green Beans in the oven. They are just as easy to make and perfect when it is to cold to grill outside.
- Prepare greens beans as indicated by washing and trimming them.
- Take a bundle of green beans and wrap and slice a bacon around them. Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Place the green bean bundles on a baking sheet. I like to line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
- Once all the green bean bundles are on the baking sheet season them with salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake in a preheated oven of 400 degrees.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked bacon is crispy and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy your baked bacon wrapped green beans.
- Change the Seasoning – Use different types of seasoning. We only used salt, but you can season with garlic salt, Italian seasoning or Season Salt.
- Brown Sugar – If you would like your bundles a little sweeter, mix in some brown sugar with the maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Bacon – You can use different flavors of bacon if you prefer. We used a classic bacon, but you can use a thick cut or a peppered bacon for added flavor.
- Turkey Bacon – You can use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon if you prefer.
- Drizzle Sauce – Top the green bean bundles with BBQ sauce or honey for a differently flavor.
- Grilling Bundles – Watch these closely so that they do not burn and rotate them regularly.
- Trim Green Beans – Prepare the french green beans by trimming the edges. This allows the edges to be evenly and gets the dark parts off.
- Washing Green Beans – Paper Toweling the green beans after washing them. You want them dry before adding to the grill.
- Cut Bacon – Cut the bacon in half to evenly wrap around the green beans.
- Wrapping the Green Beans – When we wrap the green beans with bacon, we like to wrap it one time around. This allows for the bacon to get completely cook and get crispy.
- Prepare Grill – Make sure to preheat the grill so that it is hot and ready to grill the bundles.
- Bundles – We wrap about 5 to 6 green beans per bundles. This will depend on the size of the green beans.
- Green Beans – When picking out the green beans make sure to get the bright green color green beans.
- Ice Bath – There is no need to give blanching the green beans prior to cooking them on the grill. Blanching green beans means that you would need to bring a large pot of water to a boil. Then place green beans in boiling water.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. When you are ready reheat, I like to place in my air fryer and reheat in the oven.
Easy and Delicious Side Dish:
This side dish is really easy but tastes delicious. The bacon flavor jazzes up the green beans for a fabulous side dish the entire family will love.
Green beans are easy to make and inexpensive too. They go with just about anything for a great side dish.
Give this a try the next time you need a simple side dish that will taste amazing. It does not disappoint. They look fancy but the recipe is super easy.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Bacon Wrapped Green Beans:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- 1 pound Fresh Green Beans
- 6 Slices Bacon
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Trim the ends of the green beans off and cut the bacon slices in half.
- Wrap approximately 5-6 green beans with a piece of the bacon and secure it to the green beans with a toothpick. Season the bundle with the salt.
- Then place the bundles directly on the heat and cook for 10-12 minutes flipping every 2-3 minutes until the bacon is crispy and cooked through.
- Brush the bundles with the maple syrup and cook for 1-2 minutes to heat the syrup through.
- Remove from the heat, serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe