This simple and delicious Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is sure to impress your family. It is full of flavor and is the best pork tenderloin recipe.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Recipe:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is easy to prepare. The bacon that is wrapped around the Tenderloin holds in all the juice’s making the tenderloin full of flavor.
This Pork Tenderloin only requires a few pantry ingredients making this meal easy to prepare and budget friendly. This tenderloin is basted with BBQ sauce which adds so makes it juicy and flavor to this recipe.
Bacon and BBQ sauce combined makes this Pork Tenderloin a family favorite. It pairs perfectly with some macaroni and cheese or bake potato.
Do you wrap Pork Tenderloin in foil?
We recommend grilling the pork loin directly on the grill and not wrap in foil. The smoke flavor that the grill gives the pork tenderloin is our favorite part. If wrapped in foil it prevents that smoke flavor to sink into the pork.
That is why we love wrapping the tenderloin in bacon. But be careful, as the bacon fat might cause flare-up on the grill. Stay close by the grill and move the tenderloin around to prevent this.
- Pork Tenderloin (2 pieces of tenderloins 1 pound each)
- BBQ Sauce
- Black Pepper
How to Make Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin:
- Prepare Gas Grill – Rub your grill grates with olive oil and preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap Tenderloin – Season tenderloin with salt and pepper. Then lay the bacon down and wrap each pork tenderloin with 4 pieces of bacon strips. Secure each bacon slice with a toothpick or two.
- Begin Grilling Pork Tenderloin – Then place the tenderloins on the grill over direct heat. Grill the pork for 12-16 minutes turning the pork every 4-5 minutes.
- Brush with BBQ Sauce – The brush the tenderloins with the BBQ sauce. Grill the pork for 2-3 more minutes to make the bacon crispy and to caramelize the BBQ sauce.
- Make sure Pork Tenderloin is done – Continue cooking the pork until it has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove from Grill – Remove the pork from the grill, let it rest for 5 minutes. Then slice, serve and enjoy.
What temperature should you Grill Pork Tenderloin?
When preparing you pork tenderloin to grill, let it come to room temperature. It is never a good idea to grill cold meat. We preheat the grill to 400 degrees. Once it has reached this temperature then we place pork tenderloin on the grill.
Since this tenderloin is wrapped in bacon, we watch it closely to make sure there are no flare-ups.
Tips for the Best Pork Tenderloin:
- Don’t forget the BBQ Sauce – We think the most important part when grilling the pork tenderloin is to the BBQ Sauce. It really helps to keep the tenderloin full of flavor and juicy.
- Overcooking Pork Tenderloin – It is never a good idea to overcook pork. It become tough and there really isn’t anything to help make it tender again. Make sure to watch your tenderloin closely and use a meat thermometer.
- Let it Rest – Make sure to let your pork rest when you take it off the grill. It gives time for the juices to really marinate into the pork. If you cut it to early all the juices will just run on your plate.
How to long to Grill Pork Tenderloin?
When grilling pork tenderloin I use an instant read meat thermometer to make sure that the pork is cooked to the right temperature before serving.
For a 1 pound tenderloin it takes about 15 minutes to grill. It could take up to 25 minutes. It will all depend on the size of the pork. But watch closely so that it doesn’t overcook.
Variation for Pork Tenderloing:
- Homemade BBQ Sauce – If you prefer, you can make your own BBQ Sauce. It is simple to make and budget friendly.
- Use Turkey Bacon – You can use Turkey Bacon instead if your prefer.
- Spicy Option – You can add in some red pepper flakes with the BBQ to give your tenderloin a little bit of kick.
- Sweeter Option – If you would like to have a sweeter option, you can mix in brown sugar with BBQ sauce.
- Add other seasoning – We like to add in some garlic salt or garlic powder on the tenderloin.
What to serve with Pork Tenderloin?
We love to serve some amazing sides with Pork Tenderloin. It is a great recipe to serve your family and also for a BBQ. After the tenderloin has rested, it is great to slice and let everyone grab a slice.
When we grill out, I love sides that I can prepare on the grill. If not, using my instant pot or crock pot is next best thing. This way I don’t have to heat the kitchen and it makes for an easy cleanup.
- Grilled Garlic Bread
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pickles Recipe
- Instant Pot Bake Potatoes
- Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Can I prepare ahead of time?
Yes, this is the perfect meal to prepare ahead of time. I love meals that I can prepare the night before or in the morning before I head out the door.
Simply prepare your pork tenderloin as directed by seasoning and wrapping with bacon. Then place on a baking dish or on a baking sheet and cove with saran wrap.
Place in the refrigerator overnight. Then once you ready to grill, make sure to let the tenderloin come to room temperature.
How to Store:
- Storing your Leftovers – Refrigerate any leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheating your Leftovers – You can either microwave your leftovers or place them on a baking sheet and heat in a preheated oven of 350 degrees.
- Freezing your Leftovers – Pork Tenderloin can be frozen if placed in a air tight freezer safe container. It will stay good for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator when you are ready to serve.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Rub your grill grates with olive oil and preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap each pork tenderloin with 4 pieces of bacon. Secure each bacon slice with a toothpick or two.
- Then place the tenderloins on the grill over direct heat. Grill the pork for 12-16 minutes turning the pork every 4-5 minutes.
- The brush the tenderloins with the BBQ sauce. Grill the pork for 2-3 more minutes to make the bacon crispy and to caramelize the BBQ sauce.
- Continue cooking the pork until it has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pork from the grill, let it rest for 5 minutes. Then slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe