Grilled Garlic Bread Recipe is the perfect side dish or appetizer. This garlic bread recipe is everything you love about garlic bread but with that smoky flavor from the grill.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
I love serving grilled bread anytime we grill out. It goes well with Grilled Chicken, Steaks and Vegetables and is always full of smoky flavor and crispy edges. It saves me so much time and doesn’t dirty up a lot of dishes.
Top the bread with the delicious garlic flavor butter for a delicious side dish everyone loves.
Table of Contents
What to Serve with Garlic Bread?
There are many food items that work great on the grill. These combinations work great for my large family. What are some of your favorite items to grill?
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Tenders and Grilled potatoes in Foil,
- Steak and Grilled Zucchini in Foil
- The Best Hobo Dinner Foil Packet
- Loaf of French Bread
- Salted Butter
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card.
- Use different breads – You can easily make this recipe with any type of bread. You can use Italian Bread, French Baguette, or grab some at your local bakery.
- Add Some Cheese – We have added Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese. Both are a great option to have a garlic cheese bread.
- Use different Seasoning – We have added Italian Seasoning on top of the bread. It is so good.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Heat your grill to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2 – With a hand held mixer, combine the butter, olive oil, garlic and parsley in a small bowl.
- Step 3 – Mix until combined and fluffy.
- Step 4 – Meanwhile, cut the French bread in half length-wise.
- Step 5 – Spread the butter mixture on each side of the bread. Then sprinkle the bread with the grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Step 6 – Place the pieces of bread back together on the cut sides.
- Step 7 – Wrap the bread in aluminum foil.
- Step 8 – Place bread on the grill. Then cook for 10-15 minutes turning it occasionally. Cook until the bread is crispy and golden brown on the outside. Heat the bread and grill on both sides.
- Step 9 – Then cut slices of bread and serve warm and enjoy!
- Keep Bread Warm – Keep the bread wrap in the foil until ready to serve to keep it warm.
- Cut in different sizes – You can cut the bread in thick slices or think slices. When we are feeding a crowd, I cut in smaller sizes.
How do you keep Garlic Bread from getting soggy?
When spreading the garlic butter mixture on the loaf of bread, spread a thick layer on the bread. We try and make sure to focus on the edges of the bread since the crust will be getting crispy.
How to Store Garlic Bread:
When storing garlic bread it is recommended storing at room temperature. Storing in the refrigerator causes the bread to get stale and dry out quickly.
Our favorite way to store garlic bread, is in the freezer. Then when we want garlic bread, we thaw out and heat in the oven. It is as if you just made it.
More Easy Grilled Side Dishes:
We love hearing from you. If you make this Grilled Garlic Bread, please leave us a comment.
Grilled Garlic Bread
- Heat your grill to 400 degrees F.
- With a hand held mixer, combine the butter, olive oil, garlic and parsley. Mix until combined and fluffy.
- The cut the French bread in half length-wise.
- Spread the butter mixture on each side of the bread and top it with the grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Place the pieces of bread back together.
- Wrap the bread in aluminum foil.
- Place on the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes turning it occasionally until the bread is crispy on the outside and heated threw.
- Then cut the bread into slices. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe