Grilled Carrots in Foil is a easy side dish that compliments any meal. All you need is carrots, foil and simple seasoning to make this recipe. These carrots taste great and grilling them really enhances their sweetness.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
My family loves this sweet orange vegetable. We have roasted them, boiled them and have toss them in the crock pot. But grilling carrots is now my favorite way of eating carrots. I also like our Blackstone Glazed Carrots Recipe and Bacon Wrapped Carrots.
It is so easy tossing them in the foil pack and grilling them. They are easy to prepare and very little seasoning is needed to make this a favorite side dish.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
Grilling carrots in a foil is a quick and easy side dish. We grill a lot in the summer months and I have been known to grill out when it gets a little colder. Carrots are usually a very inexpensive side dish that I can put together very quickly.
Since all ingredients go into the foil pack, it makes for an easy clean up. When we grill out, I love being able to cook the entire meal on the grill.
The next time you need an easy, budget friendly side make these Grilled Carrots! You might also like Grilled Glazed Carrots Recipe.
- Carrots, peeled and cut into diagonal ¼ inch slices
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Heavy Duty Foil
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post.
- Add in Butter – Instead of olive oil, you can add in a couple of tablespoons of unsalted butter to bring out that sweet flavor.
- Mix with Other Vegetables – If you have other vegetables you want to grill, mix them in with the carrots. We love to mix mushrooms, carrots and broccoli together.
- Add in other seasoning – Use the seasoning you have. You can use garlic salt instead minced garlic. Even season salt is a good alternative.
How to Grill Carrots in Foil:
- Step 1 – Preheat the grill to medium heat. We use a gas grill.
- Step 2 – Place the sliced wash and peel carrots on a large piece of aluminum foil in the center of the foil.
- Step 3 – Top with the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Step 4 – Then make a foil pack by pulling the opposite ends of the foil together and pressing them down to seal.
- Step 5 – Make sure to do this for both sets of the edges to mail a foil pack.
- Step 6 – Place packet on the grill and let is cook for 20-25 minutes until the carrots are tenders. Do not disturb the carrots while they are cooking and there is no need to flip the carrots.
- Step 7 – Then carefully remove the carrots from the foil pack and move to a plate. Be careful when removing as the carrots will be hot and steam will be released from the foil pack when you open it.
- Step 8 – Serve warm and enjoy this easy recipe!
How long to Grill Carrots in Foil:
Make sure to cut your carrots about the same size. This ensure that your carrots are all done at the same time. Once your place your carrots on your preheated medium high heat grill, cook for about 20 minutes.
After about 20 minutes, bring them inside and open the foil pack and test a carrot with a fork to see if they are done. Be careful as the foil pack holds in a lot of steam so it will be extremely hot.
Tips for Foil Packet Carrots:
- Use Fresh Whole Carrots – I prefer fresh whole carrots for this recipe but you can slice baby carrots if you prefer.
- Storing leftovers – Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Spray the foil – I like to spray the foil with a little cooking spray and go ahead and put olive oil. I think it helps the carrots not to stick to the foil.
How to Bake Foil Pack Carrots:
If you prefer or don’t have access to a grill, you can always bake these carrots. You would still prepare the carrots as indicated, but just bake it at 400 degrees for the same amount of time.
Put your foil pack on a baking sheet and place in the oven. This is still an easy side dish but just made in your oven.
Do you have to peel Carrots for the Grill?
You do not have to peel the carrots. I always clean and peel the carrots before cooking. I think they look pretty if you do.
If I use baby carrots, those are usually already cleaned and ready to eat, so I usually just toss those right into my foil pack.
More Foil Packet Recipes:
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- Buffalo Cauliflower in Foil
- Grilled Broccoli in Foil
- Grilled Vegetables in Foil Recipe
- Zucchini Foil Packs Grilled Recipe
- Blackstone Corn on the Cob
- Quick and Easy Grilled Sweet Potatoes
More Grilled Side Dishes
- Blackstone Green Beans Recipe
- Blackstone Corn on the Cob
- Grilled French Fries Recipe
- How to Cook Baked Potatoes on the Grill
- Grilled Green Beans
- Grilled Peppers and Onions
We love hearing from you. If you make this Grilled Carrots in Foil Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment.
Grilled Carrots on Foil
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Place the sliced carrots on a large piece of aluminum foil. Top with the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Then make a foil pack by pulling the opposite ends of the foil together and pressing them down to seal. Make sure to do this for both sets of the edges to make a foil pack.
- Place the foil pack on the grill and let is cook for 20-25 minutes until the carrots are tenders. Do not disturb the carrots while they are cooking and there is no need to flip the carrots.
- Then carefully remove the carrots from the foil pack and move to a plate. Be careful when removing as the carrots will be hot and steam will be released from the foil pack when you open it.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe