This Grilled Vegetables in Foil is a healthy side dish that everyone will love. Grilled vegetables are cooked to perfection and full of flavor.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Vegetables in Foil Recipe:
If you are looking for an easy side dish that compliments any meal, make Grilled Vegetables in Foil. They are healthy and versatile so you can use what you already have. You might also like Grilled Carrots in Foil, Grilled Vegetable Marinade, or Grilled Asparagus Recipe.
My favorite part is how healthy it is. I have made these several different ways, and they all turned great. I love that everything is made in the foil for an easy cleanup. Grilling the vegetables give them so much flavor and makes them so tender.
These vegetable foil pack make the perfect side dish that we add to many different meals. Perfect side to seafood, steak, and chicken. Add your favorite seasoning and vegetables to make a healthy side.
Best Vegetables to Grill:
When we make this Vegetables in Foil we try to make vegetables that are in season. This is a great side to throw in vegetables that have been cut and need to be used. These are some of our favorites:
- Yellow Squash
- Zucchini (sliced into thick slices)
- Yellow Squash (sliced into thick slices)
- Red Onion (cut into large pieces)
- Red Bell Pepper (cut into large pieces)
- Green Bell Pepper (cut into large pieces)
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
How to Grill Vegetables in Foi:
- Cut a Piece of Foil – Lay out a large piece of aluminum foil. We do several pieces depending on how much vegetables we need to grill.
- Prepare Vegetables – Cut all the vegetables and mix them together in a large bowl. I like combining all the vegetables in a bowl so it is easy to combine with the seasoning.
- Toss with Oil – Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables.
- Add Seasoning – Then season the vegetables with the salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Place Vegetables on Foil – Lay out the sheet of foil and divide vegetables on each piece of foil.
- Wrap vegetables in foil pack – Fold up the sides of the foil and seal it together making a large foil packet.
- Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Cook Vegetables on Grill – Then place the foil sealed packet on the grill and cook for 5-8 minute (flipping the packet halfway through the cook time) until the vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Serve and Enjoy – Be careful when unwrapping the foil packet as steam will release. Then the vegetable are ready to serve and enjoy!
How Long to Grill Vegetables in Foil:
Depending on the type of vegetables and how large you cut them, it takes about 10 minutes to grill. If cutting the vegetables, make sure they are cut about the same size. This ensure that they cook about the same time.
How do you Keep Veggies from getting Soggy on the Grill:
When preparing your grill, make sure that it is set to medium high heat. If your temperature is set to low, it makes the vegetables soft.
Cooking on high heat allows the juices from the vegetables to caramelize.
Combing the sweet flavors of the juices from the vegetables and the seasoning that the vegetables makes them tender and crispy.
Grilled Vegetables Foil Pack Tips:
- Continue Cooking – Because the vegetables are cooked in the foil packs, it allows the vegetables to continue cooking while in the foil.
I let the vegetables rest for a few minutes, then carefully open and then serve. This keeps them from getting to soggy.
- Cut Vegetables – Wash and Cut vegetables in advance. This allows you to quickly fill the foil packets to easily put on the grill.
- Marinade – You can use a dry seasoning or a marinade to cover the vegetables. You can even marinade your vegetables overnight for added flavor.
- Foil – When grilling with foil packets, make sure to get the heavy duty foil. It holds up better on the grill.
- Oil – We used olive oil in this recipe. But you can use any type of cooking oil that you prefer in this recipe. Avocado oil or vegetable oil would work great. Melted butter is also a good option.
- Seasoning – We used a simple seasoning in this recipe, but you can fresh herbs or an Italian seasoning blend. We recommend using what you have.
- Marinades – Marinade the vegetable in a oil based marinade for added flavor. You can marinade the vegetables overnight or at least 20 minutes before grilling.
- Cheese – When the vegetables are done grilling, open the foil packets and sprinkle with cheese. I love to use parmesan cheese for added flavor.
- Garlic – We used minced garlic in this recipe, but you can use fresh garlic or garlic powder.
- Potatoes – You can grill potatoes, but they take longer than other vegetables. We recommend putting them in a separate packet, and put them on the grill first before everything else.
Can I Make Vegetables in the Oven?
Yes, enjoy these year round when you bake in the oven instead of the grill. They are still delicious and so easy.
Bake in a 375 degree heated oven for 8-12 minutes.
There have been times when weather did not permit for grilling. I just popped the foil packets right in the oven and it was just as simple and so yummy.
Easy, Simple Side Dish:
Enjoy all of those garden veggies in the summer and make the perfect side dish on the grill. You can get veggies for very little and it is so healthy too.
Even during the non summer months, it is very reasonable and inexpensive. We love recipes that are budget friendly and taste amazing.
The grill makes this recipe super easy and I love that it is easy clean up. It always amazes me that the kids don’t complain about eating their veggies when they are grilled. Vegetarian foil packet recipes are so tasty.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack would be the perfect meal to meal prep with. While you are grilling you chicken, make these vegetables for an side dish for lunch.
Grilled Veggies make the best side and adding to your lunch container makes it easy to heat up.
Why we Love this Recipe:
- Fast and Easy – This is a quick and easy side dish and it is healthy too.
- Easy Cleanup – Cleanup is easy when cooking in foil packets.
- Grill Flavor – Even though the vegetables are cooked foil, you still get the smokey flavor.
- Crowd Pleaser – If we are entertaining, we like to make individual foil packets and they stay hot until the rest of the meal is done.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack:
Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack
- Lay out a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Cut all the vegetables and mix them together not the piece of foil.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables.
- Then season the vegetables with the salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Fold up the foil and seal it together making a large foil packet.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Then place the foil packet directly on the grill and cook for 5-8 minute (flipping the packet halfway through the cook time) until the vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Be careful when unwrapping the foil packet as steam will release. Then the vegetable are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe