You are going to love these easy Grilled Chicken Tenders Recipe. These tenders are coated with lemon juice, Italian seasoning and the perfect amount of minced garlic. Rather you are cooking these for your family or a crowd, they are sure to crowd pleaser.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
We love cooking chicken tenders. They are the perfect size to eat baked, broiled or fried. But our favorite way to eat them is grilled.
Chicken Tenders are easy on the budget, easy to cook and my family loves them. Chicken is the perfect meat to try out different marinades with.
Table of Contents
Dipping Sauce Ideas:
Anytime we make these grilled chicken tenders, my kids want a dipping sauce to go with them. Here are some of our favorites:
- Ranch Dressing
- BBQ Sauce
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card.
Chicken tenders can seasoned with many different spices or a flavor. These are some of our favorites.
- Lime Juice
- Taco Seasoning
How to Grill Chicken Tenders:
- Step 1 – Preheat the grill – Preheat your outdoor grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Prevent Chicken from Sticking – Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Step 3 – Combine Ingredients – Place all the ingredients except for the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Stir to thoroughly combined the marinade ingredients.
- Step 4 – Add Chicken – Then add in the chicken and make sure it’s coated with the marinade.
- Step 5 – Marinade Chicken – Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Step 6 – Grill Chicken – Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 3-4 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Cook time could vary.
- Step 7 – Let Chicken Rest – Move the chicken to a plate, let it set and let juices run together for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
How long to Grill Chicken Tenders:
The main reason I love to Grill Chicken Tenders is that it doesn’t take long to grill them. You can grill them faster then trying to decide what is for dinner.
When my husband grills, he usually just stay out by the grill and make sure they don’t burn. He cooks them for about 4 minutes on each side and then flips them and cooks them for another 4 minutes.
It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is done. If the gage reads an internal temperature of 165 degrees, then your chicken is done.
Grilled Chicken Tenders Marinade:
We love to marinade the chicken. We have experimented with many marinades and a lot of time I will sprinkle on some seasoning and use what I have.
Combining the marinade ingredients in this recipe is so good. The lemon juice combined with the Italian Seasoning really is my favorite combination. If you prefer you can even marinate the chicken overnight.
Toss all your ingredients in a Ziplock bag the night before and it is ready to be grilled when you get home.
What to Serve with Grilled Chicken Tenders:
You can serve these grilled chicken tenders which just about anything. We usually cook them for dinner, but if the kids have friends over to swim we might have them for lunch. Here are some of our favorites sides:
How to Store Leftovers:
These Grilled Chicken Tenders are the best leftover. When I know I am making these, I will double the amount of chicken tenders so I can have leftovers.
Just refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
I may make a side of rice, and cook some vegetables and put in individual containers for my husband and I. It turns into a great lunch idea and I know we are getting a well balanced lunch.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you do not want to grill your chicken tenders, then air fry your chicken tenders. We have been using our air fryer more and Air Fryer Chicken Tenders have been one of our favorite recipe to cook.
Yes, you can use Chicken Breast with this recipe. Depending of how thick you chicken breast are will depend on how long they cook.
We like to filet or cut the chicken breast into chicken strips for easy cooking, but that is completely optional.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Tenders
- Grilled Paprika Chicken
- Blackstone Teriyaki Chicken Tenders
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Italian Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Taco Marinade
- Thai Grilled Chicken
We love hearing from you. If you make this Grilled Chicken Tenders Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Grilled Chicken Tenders
- Preheat your grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F. Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Place all the ingredients except for the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Stir to thoroughly combined the marinade ingredients. Then add in the chicken and make sure it’s coated with the marinade. Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill. Grill for 4-6 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 4-6 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Move the chicken to a plate, let it set for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe