Grilled Chicken Alfredo is a delicious Italian dish that is loaded with flavor. Chicken fettuccine alfredo is the perfect weeknight meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Chicken Alfredo Recipe:
This Easy Grilled Chicken Alfredo Recipe is a delicious pasta recipes that is a family favorite. Grilled chicken is seasoned and cook to perfection on the grill. Then topped fettuccini pasta with the juicy chicken and creamy sauce.
This is the perfect pasta dishes to use leftover grilled chicken and serve with a side of garlic bread. We love to grill a lot of chicken for the week and use it for many different recipes. This one is one of our favorites.
This recipe can be changed in a variety of ways. Change the meat, pasta, or the noodles and use what you have. Serve with your favorites sides for a complete meal idea.
What type of Chicken can I use?
In this recipe we used chicken breast, but you can easily grill chicken thighs or chicken tenders. We recommend make sure that are about the size and thickness so it grills about the same time.
Leftover chicken works great in this recipe. You can easily use rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken from another recipe.
For the Grilled Chicken:
- Chicken Breasts (cut into filets)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
For the Pasta:
- Unsalted Butter
- Minced Garlic
- Heavy whipping cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fettuccine Noodles
How to Make Grilled Chicken Alfredo:
How to Grill Chicken:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill over medium heat – Preheat the grill over medium high heat.
- Step 2 – Season Chicken – Brush the chicken with oil. Then season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Step 3 – Grill chicken – Grill for 4-6 minutes per side until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 4 – Rest chicken – Remove the chicken from the grill. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
Cook the Pasta:
- Step 5 – Cook Pasta – Prepare pasta according to package directions in a large pot to al dente. I like to add salt to the pasta water. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Step 6 – Melt Butter – Melt the butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
- Step 7 – Add in cream – Add the heavy cream to the melted butter while whisking. Simmer for 3 minutes while whisking and be careful not to boil the mixture.
- Step 8 – Add in cheese – Remove the pan from the heat and add in the cheese, a handful at a time. Whisk thoroughly until it is completely melted in the sauce. Continue doing this until all the cheese has been added in the sauce.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Toss the fettuccine pasta into the alfredo sauce in the pan. Serve the fettuccine topped with the grilled chicken and enjoy!
How to Season Grilled Chicken for Chicken Alfredo:
Grilled chicken can easily be season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. But feel free to add in other seasoning. You can add paprika, oregano and some fresh parsley.
What to Serve with Grilled Chicken Alfredo:
- Grilled Broccoli – This easy Grilled broccoli recipe was easy, fast and delicious. The broccoli is packed with flavor from being grilled and the crispy edges just make it so much better.
- Asparagus – The Asparagus is topped with easy pantry ingredients and wrapped in foil and grilled to perfection. The Asparagus comes our perfectly tender and taste amazing. We love to squeeze fresh lemon juice and serve.
- Fresh Salads – Feel free to serve this delicious alfredo meal with a side salad or Cesar salad.
- More Grilled Chicken Side Dishes – If you are looking for more grilled chicken side dishes, these are some of our favorites.
- Grilling Chicken – Grilling chicken doesn’t take long. Preheat your grill over medium-low heat for the best results. You can even cook your chicken in a large skillet if you prefer. Make sure to let the chicken rest after grilling.
- Cooking Pasta – We recommend cooking pasta according to the package and al dente in salted water. We add the pasta into boiling water.
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce – We love making the alfredo sauce from scratch but you can use store bought alfredo sauce.
- Sliced Chicken – Once the alfredo sauce is made and mixed with the fettuccini pasta, add the slice chicken.
- Change the Meat – Feel free to change the meat in this recipe. You can use different types of chicken but you can also add in shrimp.
- Add in Vegetables – Sneak in some chopped vegetables such as broccoli or asparagus. We love the texture and flavor it gives the alfredo sauce.
- Change the Pasta – You can easily change the pasta in this recipe. You can use penne or linguine for a delicious variation.
What Makes Chicken Alfredo Taste better?
This recipe as it is written, taste delicious but feel free to add in other seasoning. If you prefer a spicy flavor, stir in red pepper flakes. Dried thyme is another delicious seasoning that can be added.
Can I freeze Grilled Chicken Alfredo?
Grilled Chicken Alfredo usually doesn’t freeze well. When thawing the alfredo the sauce breaks down and isn’t as creamy.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We like to store in individual container and store in the refrigerator for a quick lunch.
How to Reheat Chicken Alfredo:
When you are reheating the chicken alfredo, we recommend add a little more heavy whipping cream or milk. This helps to create a creamy texture again.
Print Recipe for Grilled Chicken Alfredo:
Grilled Chicken Alfredo
For the Grilled Chicken:
For the Chicken:
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat.
- Brush the chicken with oil. Then season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Grill for 4-6 minutes per side until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the grill. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
For the Pasta:
- Prepare pasta according to package directions in a large stock pot to al dente.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to the melted butter while whisking. Simmer for 3 minutes while whisking and be careful not to boil the mixture.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in the cheese, a handful at a time, whisking thoroughly until it is completely melted in the sauce. Continue doing this until all the cheese has been added in the sauce.
- Toss the fettuccine into the sauce in the pan. Serve the fettuccine topped with the grilled chicken and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe