Grilled Hoisin Chicken cooks tender, moist and is loaded with flavor. The sweetness from the hoisin glaze makes this recipe so delicious.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Chicken with hoisin mixture is one of my family’s favorite recipe. With my large family, we love grilling season for an easy weeknight meal or to feed a crowd.
If you are looking for some new Grilled Chicken Recipes then we you have covered. Check out these other easy to make recipes – Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Recipe or Grilled Buffalo Chicken Breast Recipe.
Table of Contents
What is Hoisin Chicken?
Hoisin sauce chicken creates a sweet and tangy taste to your grilled chicken breast. It helps to keep the chicken moist while grilling it and adds so much flavor.
Feel free to add more hoisin glaze after grilling for that extra boost of flavor.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Sliced Green Onions and Sesame Seeds (for serving)
For the Marinade:
- Hoisin Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Ginger – You can also use fresh ginger.
For the full recipe and ingredients, scroll to the bottom of the post to see recipe card.
- Change Chicken – You can easily make hoisin chicken thighs with this recipe or try the sauce on chicken tenders.
- Marinade Ingredients – Feel free to change the marinade ingredients. Add in tbsp of honey, black pepper, or any Asian Spices. You can even add in sesame oil to the marinade.
- Cooking Chicken – We love the flavor that the gas grill gives the chicken. But you can also cook it on a charcoal grill or as a stir-fry on the stove top. We have even baked this chicken in the oven for a delicious baked hoisin chicken recipe.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
Step 2 – Add the chicken breast in a large ziplock bag. Pour the marinade on top. Then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Step 3 – Place the chicken directly on the grill grate.
Step 4 – Cook chicken for 6-7 minutes per side over medium high heat. Grill until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Cook Chicken – Cook chicken on a hot grill for the best results. You may need to oil the grill grates to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Marinating Chicken – For the best flavor, make sure to marinate the chicken for at least and hour. Keep in the fridge while marinating.
- Chicken – When preparing your chicken, make sure that they are all even thickness. We like to even pound out the chicken or filet it.
- Allow Chicken to rest – After chicken is done cooking, make sure you allow chicken to rest.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check internal temperature. This make sure that the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees before removing from the grill.
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
We love hearing from you. Make sure to leave us a comment if you try this Hoisin Grilled Chicken Recipe.
Grilled Hoisin Chicken
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- Sliced Green Onions and Sesame Seeds for serving
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Place the chicken breast in a large ziplock bag. Pour the marinade on top.
- Refrigerate and allow it to marinade for at least 1 hour up to 12 hours.
- Then preheat your grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Rub the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick.
- Place the chicken directly on the grill grate and cook for 6-7 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Top the chicken with the green onions and sesame seeds. Then the chicken is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe