Give your chicken recipe delicious flavor by making this Cajun Grilled Chicken. Cajun spices and little olive oil makes this recipe so easy.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Cajun Grilled Chicken Recipe:
We grill out a lot of chicken so I am always looking for different spices to try. The bold flavors of the Cajun seasoning has the perfect combination of spices. Which gives the chicken delicious flavor.
This Cajun Chicken Recipe is perfect way to spice up your boneless skinless chicken breast. This simple ingredients, minutes on the grill and the grill marks makes this an easy weeknight meal.
This smoky, spicy, and savory spice mix really takes your chicken to the next level. Slice or dice and serve with your favorite sides or make creamy cajun chicken pasta. However your serve it sure to be a family favorite.
- Boneless Chicken Breast
- Olive Oil
- Cajun Seasoning
How to Make Cajun Grilled Chicken:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat your grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 2 – Oil Grill Grates – Rub the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick.
- Step 3 – Thin Chicken – Pound the chicken breast with a meat mallet or meat tenderizer. Pound until they are all roughly the same thickness.
- Step 4 – Add Seasoning – Rub the cajun seasoning onto both sides of the chicken breasts. Rub until they are well coated.
- Step 5 – Cook Chicken – Place the chicken directly on the grill grate and cook for 5-7 minutes per side. Cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 6 – Remove Chicken – Remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then the chicken is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
How Long to Grill Chicken:
When preparing your chicken for grilling, you want to make sure that each chicken breast about the same size. You may have need to filet you chicken or pound it to thin it out. We use a meat mallet to thin the chicken.
Make sure that the grill is hot and the grill grates are oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. If the chicken is burning, you can place the chicken on the indirect heat of the grill.
Grilling chicken doesn’t take long to cook. My husband usually stays close by the grill so he can monitor it. Flipping the chicken after cooking about 5 minutes on each side makes for the juiciest chicken.
Use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature. Before removing it from the grill. Your chicken should reach 165 degrees when the chicken is full cooked.
Can I Make this Without a Grill?
Yes, this Cajun Chicken can be prepared multiple ways. It is a great option whether you are prepare it on the grill, baking it or pan-frying it.
- Bake Cajun Chicken – If you prefer to place your chicken in the oven, prepare and place in a baking dish. Then bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Pan Fry Chicken – Frying chicken is another way to enjoy this chicken. We recommend cooking in a cast iron skillet for the best flavor and texture on the stove. Heat vegetable oil in the skillet and then season chicken. Cook until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
How to Prepare Ahead of Time:
This is a great recipe to prepare and meal prep with. Because of the amazing flavor and delicious juices this makes for delicious chicken to enjoy for lunch.
You can prepare the chicken by seasoning and cooking on the grill. Once the perfectly grilled chicken has rested, then place in individual containers to enjoy for lunch.
You can also season it ahead of time and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to grill.
Cajun Chicken on the Grill Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Grill – Make sure your grill is set on medium high heat. Cooking chicken on a hot grill helps to keep them juicy. We recommend to oil grill to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Same Size Chicken – When preparing your chicken, make sure that they are all even thickness. This makes sure they are evenly cooked. You may even need to filet the chicken or pound them out to make them thin.
- Seasoning Chicken – Sprinkle the chicken with the Cajun Seasoning. Making sure to completely cover it for the best flavor.
- Allow Chicken to rest – After chicken is done cooking, make sure you allow chicken to rest. This locks in the juices and the flavoring.
- Meat Thermometer – We recommend using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken before serving.
- Cajun Chicken Marinade – Feel free to allow your chicken to marinade for about 30 minutes to add flavor.
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning – Feel free to make your own Cajun Seasoning for this recipe in a small bowl. We used store-bought seasoning blend, but you can use what you prefer.
- Change the Seasoning – You can also add or change the spice blend when preparing this recipe. Add in salt, onion powder, oregano, paprika, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Garlic powder is also a great addition.
- Change Chicken – This recipe works great with any type of chicken. Feel free to use chicken breast, chicken thighs, or chicken tenders. This seasoning blend is also amazing on grilled salmon.
- Serving – This chicken is so delicious served with a side of bake potatoes, veggies, or brown rice. You can even slice and serve it on a salad or make sandwiches. This chicken is also delicious served with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Is Grill Cajun Chicken Spicy?
The spicy level will depend on how much spices you add to the chicken. It will also depend on how much cayenne pepper and black has been added to the seasoning blend.
You can easily adjust how much seasoning you add to the chicken or adjust if making homemade seasoning.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Before storing in the fridge or freezing the chicken, make sure it has come to room temperature.
More Easy Chicken Marinade Recipes:
Print Recipe for Cajun Grilled Chicken:
Cajun Grilled Chicken
- 6 Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- Refrigerate and allow it to marinade for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Then preheat your grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Rub the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick.
- Pound the chicken breast with a mallet or meat tenderizer until they are all roughly the same thickness.
- Rub the cajun seasoning onto both sides of the chicken breasts until they are well coated.
- Place the chicken directly on the grill grate and cook for 5-7 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then the chicken is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe