Crack Chicken Foil Packets are perfect for the grill, oven, or your next camping trip. Loaded with easy ingredients to give it the best flavor.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Crack Chicken Foil Packets is an easy meal idea. It is perfect tossed on the grill, made in the oven or your next camping trip. Load the foil with diced chicken, potatoes, cheese and easy seasoning for an amazing meal idea.
We love making this crack chicken on the grill. It gives it so much flavor and makes for an amazing summer meal idea. You can load it with chicken and veggies or anything you like.
Making foil packets are budget friendly and easy to clean up. You can add a side or just eat it right out of the foil. See Best Foil Pack Recipes or Best Chicken Foil Packs for more fun foil pack dinner ideas.
- Chicken Breasts, diced into 1 inch pieces
- Baby Potatoes, quartered
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Butter, melted
- Bacon, cooked, divided
- Cream Cheese, diced
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
How to Make Crack Chicken Foil Packets Recipe:
- Prepare the Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Mix Ingredients together – Mix the ranch seasoning mixture and melted butter together in a large bowl. Then stir in the diced chicken, potatoes and half of the bacon slices.
- Add Ingredients to Foil – Place the ingredients in the center of 4 different pieces of foil that are at least 12X12 inches. Top each of the packets with the diced cream cheese.
- Cook Foil Packets – Seal the foil packet and place them on the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature for 165 degrees F and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Top with cheese and bacon – Then carefully open each of the foil packs. Top each pack with approximately ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and the remaining bacon.
- Seal and heat – Seal the foil back up and allow the heat from the meal to melt the cheese (5-10 minutes).
- Serve and Enjoy – Then the foil packets are ready to open, serve and enjoy.
How Long to Grill Chicken Foil Pack:
The reason we love this recipe so much is because of how fast this foil pack cooks. Once you place the chicken foil pack on the grill, it takes about 6 minutes on each side.
Make sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
How to Make Chicken Foil Packets in the Oven:
Cooking these chicken foil packs in then oven as just as easy on the grill.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the chicken packets as indicated in the recipe card.
- Place the foil packets in a baking dish or baking sheet.
- Bake the foil packets for about 35 minutes. Use your internal thermometer to check chicken temperature.
- Open foil and top with cheese and bacon and place back in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then serve and enjoy.
Chicken Foil Packet Tips:
- Heavy Duty Foil – Make sure to use heavy duty foil so that it doesn’t break when making this recipe.
- Cutting Potatoes – Cut potatoes about the same size so they cook evenly and about the same time.
- Chicken – Dice the chicken about the same size. You can also use chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
- Mixing Ingredients – Make sure to completely toss to coat the chicken and potatoes with the seasoning.
- Olive Oil – Make sure the ingredients do not stick to the foil, spray olive oil.
How to Make a Foil Pack:
Making foil pack to grill your different types or meats and vegetables is a great way to keep the food juicy and flavorful. But making the foil pack is key to make sure they food doesn’t fall out and you are able to check it properly.
After placing the food in the foil, we like to grab both ends and fold it down. After you have folded the sides, then fold the outsides in. We recommend folding the sides instead of crumbling which makes it easier to check the food.
It also allows you to easily flip the packet without any of the juices leaving the foil pack or food escaping. Make sure to use heavy duty aluminum foil so that it doesn’t break when making this recipe.
Can Chicken Foil Packs be Made ahead of Time?
Yes, these chicken packets would be perfect make in the morning. Make sure to use heavy duty aluminum foil and place in the fridge.
Making ahead of time is a time saver and makes dinner time a breeze.
- Potatoes – You can also use red potatoes, fingerling potatoes or yukon gold potatoes as well. Just make sure to dice them into smaller pieces so that the potatoes are done at the same time as the chicken.
- Bacon – You can use your favorite types of bacon in this recipe. Make sure that it’s cooked and crispy before using in this recipe.
- Vegetables – Add in different vegetables. We love to add in mushrooms, broccoli and carrots to make a complete meal.
- Barbecue Sauce – This packet would be amazing with BBQ sauce added to it. It would give the chicken more flavor.
- Cheese – We used cheddar cheese in this recipe, but you can easily use Colby Monterrey jack cheese or pepper jack cheese.
How to Serve Chicken Foil Packs:
The great thing about foil packs is that you can load it with a complete meal. Include your protein and vegetables and serve. But you can also add a easy sides.
- Green Salad
- Pasta Salad
- French Bread
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This crack chicken recipe is amazing in the oven or on the grill. It is also great to meal prep with. It stores great in an air tight container.
You can also reheat easily in the microwave or place back in a foil and reheat on the grill. We like to place the leftovers in individual container for an easy lunch the next day.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Crack Chicken Foil Packs:
Grilled Crack Chicken Foil Packs
- 4 Chicken Breasts diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ½ pound Baby Potatoes quartered
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 4 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 8 slices Bacon cooked, divided
- 4 oz Cream Cheese diced
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Mix the ranch seasoning mixture and melted butter together in a large bowl. Then stir in the diced chicken, potatoes and half of the bacon slices.
- Place the ingredients in the center of 4 different pieces of foil that are at least 12X12 inches. Top each of the packets with the diced cream cheese.
- Seal the foil packet and place them on the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature for 165 degrees F and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Then carefully open each of the foil packs. Top each pack with approximately ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and the remaining bacon. Seal the foil back up and allow the heat from the meal to melt the cheese (5-10 minutes).
- Then the foil packets are ready to open, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Foil Pack Recipes:
- Steak and Potatoes Foil Pack Recipe
- Sausage Foil Pack
- Teriyaki Chicken in Foil Recipe
- Buffalo Cauliflower in Foil
- Breakfast Foil Packs
- Chicken Fajita Foil Pack