Blackstone Chicken Wings is a family favorite Blackstone Recipe. The chicken wings cook perfectly on the griddle with simple ingredients.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Chicken Wings Recipe:
If you are like most people, chicken wings are a must when we are watching the big game with friends. There are many ways to cook chicken from deep fried wings to baking in the oven. My kids request them for lunch or as an appetizer.
Recently we started making them on the Blackstone. My family loved them. With the simple seasoning and a little butter, the wings cooked perfectly. Then we cook them covered on the Blackstone until they have a crispy skin and juicy on the inside. ,
If you are looking for an easy way to make Chicken Wings, make them on your Blackstone or in your cast iron skillet. It takes about 30 minutes and they come out perfectly tender and juicy and a delicious game day must. You might also like our Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe, Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe or Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings.
- Chicken Wings (if whole, cut the chicken wings into sections)
- Garlic Powder
- Avocado Oil
- Buffalo Sauce
How to Make Chicken Wings on Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Preheat a Blackstone grill over high heat (approximately 450 degrees F.)
- 2 Step – Chicken Wings are dried as much as possible with paper towels. Then coat the chicken with the avocado oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Step 3 – Place the chicken wings directly on the blackstone grill and top the chicken with the butter. Let the chicken sit for 2-3 minutes to brown it.
- Step 4 – Flip the chicken and toss it with the butter to coat it with the butter as much as possible. Then allow the chicken to brown on the opposite side (2-3 more minutes).
- Step 5 – Reduce the heat on the Blackstone grill to medium (around 350 degrees F). Cover and cook for 10-15 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 6 – Remove from the grill, serve with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
How Long does it take to Cook Chicken Wings on Blackstone:
After preparing chicken wings with seasoning, place the wings on the flat top. Make sure to use an oil with a high burn rate. Olive oil, Avocado oil, vegetable or coconut oil all work great.
Cook wing for about 3 minutes and then flip and continue cooking for additional 3 minutes. Since the griddle is high in hot, it doesn’t take long for the wings to get a golden brown.
After heating then cover the wings and cook for additional 15 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. This cooking process is much less messy then deep fryer them.
How to Make Chicken Wings on Stovetop:
If you do not have a Blackstone Griddle, no worries you can still make these delicious wings indoors. We recommend if cooking on your stovetop to cook in a cast iron skillet.
Cooking the wings in a cast iron skillet cooks the wings perfectly and you will have the same results as if you cooked on the griddle. You can even cook the wings on an indoor grill.
- Change the Seasoning – We used a simple seasoning blend, but you can easily change the seasoning to what you have on hand.
- Sauce – After cooking toss the wings in sauce before serving. Try our Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe.
Sauces for Chicken Wings:
You can either dip the wings in your favorite type of wing sauce or coat them fully before serving.
- Favorite Sauce – One of my kids like the chicken wings to be plain, but you can also toss the wings in your favorite sauce. When the wings are finished on the griddle, you can toss them in sauce or bake and then add the sauce.
- BBQ Sauce – We like mixing BBQ Sauce with the chicken wings. It adds flavor and is one of my favorite ways to serve the chicken wings.
- Buffalo Sauce – Add buffalo sauce to the cooked chicken wings. You can use bottled buffalo sauce or make your own.
What to Serve with Chicken Wings:
Chicken wings is perfect as a appetizer or as a meal. When I make a meat on the griddle, I like to prepare easy sides that can be made on the griddle.
- Blackstone Fried Rice – This Fried Rice recipe is one of our popular recipes to cook on the Blackstone. It is easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Blackstone Sweet Potato Fries – Sweet Potato Fries is an easy side to make on the griddle and it the perfect side with these wings.
- Roasted Broccoli – I always like to make a side of a green vegetable. Roasted Broccoli is a family favorite and it cooks perfectly in the oven.
- See What to Serve with Chicken Wings
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Chicken Wings:
Blackstone Chicken Wings
- Preheat a Blackstone grill over high heat (approximately 450 degrees F.)
- Dry the chicken as much as possible and then coat the chicken with the avocado oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken wings directly on the blackstone grill and top the chicken with the butter. Let the chicken sit for 2-3 minutes to brown it.
- Flip the chicken and toss it with the butter to coat it with the butter as much as possible. Then allow the chicken to brown on the opposite side (2-3 more minutes).
- Reduce the heat on the Blackstone grill to medium (around 350 degrees F). Cover and cook for 10-15 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the grill, serve with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Blackstone Recipes:
- Blackstone Patty Melt Recipe
- Blackstone Chicken Fajita Quesadilla Recipe
- Blackstone Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Hibachi Blackstone Chicken Recipe