Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings is flavorful and easy to make on the grill. With simple ingredients you will love these Buffalo Chicken Wings
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe:
Grilled Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce is a family favorite. We love making chicken for game day, for a snack or as a main dish. These Buffalo Chicken Wings are simple to make with easy ingredients.
Buffalo Sauce is one of our favorite sauces. We use it in a lot of recipes, but tossing them with grilled chicken wings is my family’s favorite. You can easily serve chicken wings plain, but adding the buffalo sauce takes your wings to the next level.
We love the way this chicken wings taste being cooked on the grill. The charred and crispy texture makes them so flavorful. In less than 30 minutes these buffalo chicken wings are grilled to perfection.
When do you add the Sauce to the Chicken Wings?
We recommend adding the sauce after you done grilling them. Once the chicken wings are removed from the grill, place the wings in a large bowl and pour the buffalo sauce over the top.
Coat the wings completely with the sauce for amazing flavor.
- Chicken Wings (if whole, cut the chicken wings into sections)
- Garlic Powder
- Buffalo Sauce
How to Make Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings:
- Step 1 – Preheat the gas grill over medium heat (approximately 400 degrees F) and rub the grill grates with oil to prevent the chicken wings from sticking to the grill. Use an oil with a high heat rate to oil the grill gates. Avocado oil, vegetable or coconut oil all work great.
- Step 2 – Dry the chicken as much as possible with paper towels. Then coat the chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Step 3 – Place the chicken wings on the side of the grill over direct heat.
- Step 4 – Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes flipping them every 2-3 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 5 – Remove the wings from the grill. Place the chicken in a large bowl. Pour the buffalo sauce on top and toss to thoroughly coat the chicken.
- Step 6 – Serve immediately and enjoy!
How to Grill Buffalo Chicken Wings:
Grilling Chicken Wings is easy to do and the results are amazing. There is no fuss or mess when grilling chicken wings. Prepare the grill by preheating it and oiling the grates. This prevents the chicken wings from sticking to the grill.
Make sure the chicken wings are dry and season with any type of seasoning you prefer. We used salt and pepper and garlic pepper. Then place the chicken wings directly on the grill over the heat.
Close the grill and allow the chicken wings to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
How Long to Grill Chicken Wings:
After preparing chicken wings with seasoning, place the wings on the grill over direct heat. Make sure to use an oil with a high burn rate. Olive oil, Avocado oil, vegetable or coconut oil all work great.
Cover and cook wings for about 15 to 20 minutes total. Every few minutes we recommend flipping wings and continue cooking until chicken wings are finished cooking.
Since the grill is high in heat, it doesn’t take long for the wings to get a golden brown. Use a instant read thermometer to check for doneness.
This cooking process is much less messy then deep fryer them. This recipe is super easy to make and always a crowd favorite.
Can I Bake Buffalo Chicken Wings?
Yes, you can bake Buffalo Chicken Wings. The process is just as easy and they are just as flavorful.
- Prepare Chicken Wings – Dry and season your chicken as the recipe card indicates.
- Baking Sheet – Place chicken wing on a sheet pan in a single layer lined with parchment paper.
- Bake – Place chicken wings in the preheated oven of 425 degrees. Bake for about 40 minutes. Make sure to flip half way through the cooking time.
- Add Sauce – When Chicken wings are done cooking, toss in buffalo sauce.
How to Make Homemade Buffalo Sauce:
Making Homemade Buffalo Sauce is easy to do with these simple ingredients.
- Hot Sauce
- Melted Butter, unsalted
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
These ingredients can easily be mixed together in a microwave safe bowl or in a sauce pan. Buffalo Sauce can be purchased in a jar at the store, but we like this homemade buffalo sauce.
What to Serve with Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings:
Buffalo Chicken wings is perfect as a appetizer or as a meal. Make sure you serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Rice – These chicken wings would be delicious served with some white rice.
- Roasted Broccoli – I always like to make a side of a green vegetable. Roasted Broccoli is a family favorite and it cooks perfectly in the oven.
- Raw Vegetables – I love to make a large vegetable tray with a side of ranch to dip them into. This is the perfect side when I am hosting a party and we are serving these crispy grilled chicken wings.
- Sauce – You can either dip the wings in your favorite type of wing sauce or coat them fully before serving.
- Ranch – Ranch is a must when we make these chicken wings.
- Salad – We like to serve a green salad when making these chicken wings.
- See What to Serve with Chicken Wings and More Grilled Chicken Side Dishes
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. When you are ready to serve, reheat in the oven or air fryer to get the crispy texture. These grilled chicken wings are great leftover and an amazing after school snack.
Easy Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe:
We love to grill out any chance we get. We love these grilled buffalo chicken wings so much that we have even grilled when it is colder. This grilled chicken wings recipe would even be great in the oven or in the air fryer.
Make sure to serve with a side of your favorite dipping sauce such as ranch or BBQ sauce. These wings are full of flavor and will be a hit at your next game day party.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings:
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F) and rub the grill grates with oil to prevent the chicken wings from sticking to the grill.
- Dry the chicken as much as possible and then coat the chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken wings on the grill over direct heat. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes flipping them every 2-3 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the grill. Place the chicken in a large bowl. Pour the buffalo sauce on top and toss to thoroughly coat the chicken.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe