Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings is bursting with flavor with simple seasoning. Make these chicken wings for an appetizer or as a main dish.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe:
Chicken wings is the perfect game day food or appetizer idea. We love that they are easy to make and the seasoning can be easily changed to what you like. These lemon pepper chicken wings are made with easy seasoning but they are still bursting with flavor.
The seasoning are mixed together and then used as a dry rub to add to the chicken wings. The wings are so crispy on the outside but tender and juicy on the inside. The wings are simply amazing.
These tips and tricks will help give you chicken the crispy texture that we love but still juicy on the inside. These chicken wings are grilled to perfection in less than 30 minutes making them perfect appetizer idea.
How to make Chicken Wings Crispy on the Grill?
To give you chicken wings that crispy texture you want to make sure that you grill has preheated to a medium high heat. Once you have placed your chicken wings on the grill, make sure to flip them every few minutes.
This allows for the chicken wings to not to burn but cooking them slowly gives them that crispy texture. Make sure to stay close by so the flames from the grill do not spark causing them wings to burn.
- Chicken Wings (if whole, cut the chicken wings into sections)
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Sweet Paprika
- Lemon, cut into wedges
How to Grill Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings:
Step 1 – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F) and rub the grill grates with oil to prevent the chicken wings from sticking to the grill.
2 – Mix together the spices in a small mixing bowl to create the lemon pepper rub and some lemon zest.
Step 3 – Dry the chicken as much as possible and then coat the chicken with the rub.
Step 4 – Place the chicken wings on the grill over direct heat. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes flipping them every 2-3 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Step 5 – Make sure to continue to flip them regularly as this will allow the skin to get crispy.
Step 6 – Remove from heat, serve with the lemon wedges or lemon juice and enjoy.
Tips for Grilling Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings:
- Oil Grates – Use an oil with a high heat rate to oil the grill gates. Avocado oil, vegetable or coconut oil all work great.
- Hot Grill – You want to make sure that your grill is hot before placing the wings on the grill. We recommend that the grill be about 400 to 425 degrees.
- Dry Wings – After rinsing the wings, make sure you pat them dry with a paper towel before seasoning them.
- Prevent Burning – While grilling the wings, make sure to flip every few minutes to prevent the wings from burning.
- Instant Read Thermometer – I like to check periodically the temperature of the wings. When they reach about 165 degrees I know that they are done.
How Long to Grill Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings:
After preparing chicken wings with seasoning, place the wings on the grill over direct heat. Make sure to use an oil with a high burn rate. Olive oil, Avocado oil, vegetable or coconut oil all work great.
Cover and cook wings for about 15 to 20 minutes total. Every few minutes we recommend flipping wings and continue cooking until chicken wings are finished cooking. Since the grill is high in heat, it doesn’t take long for the wings to get a golden brown.
Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. This cooking process is much less messy then deep fryer them. This recipe is super easy to make and always a crowd favorite.
How to Bake Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings:
If you prefer to bake wings, they will turn out just as delicious. The process of baking the chicken wings is just as easy.
- Prepare Chicken Wings – Dry and season your chicken as the recipe card indicates. You can also drizzle melted butter over the top. I like to add baking powder which help give the wings a crispy texture.
- Baking Sheet – Place chicken wing on a sheet pan in a single layer lined with parchment paper.
- Bake – Place chicken wings in the preheated oven of 425 degrees. Bake for about 40 minutes. Make sure to flip half way through the cooking time. Cooking time will vary, but I use a meat thermometer to make sure they are cooked.
What to Serve with Chicken Wings?
Chicken wings is perfect as a appetizer or as a meal. When I make a meat on the grill, I like to prepare easy sides that can be made on the grill.
- Rice – These chicken wings would be delicious served with some white rice.
- Roasted Broccoli – I always like to make a side of a green vegetable. Roasted Broccoli is a family favorite and it cooks perfectly in the oven.
- Raw Vegetables – I love to make a large vegetable tray with a side of ranch to dip them into. This is the perfect side when I am hosting a party and we are serving these crispy grilled chicken wings.
- More Grilled Chicken Side Dishes
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How Long will these Chicken Wings keep in the Fridge:
If stored properly these chicken wings will stay fresh for about 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings:
Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F) and rub the grill grates with oil to prevent the chicken wings from sticking to the grill.
- Mix together the spices in a small mixing bowl to create the lemon pepper rub. Dry the chicken as much as possible and then coat the chicken with the rub.
- Place the chicken wings on the grill over direct heat. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes flipping them every 2-3 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Make sure to continue to flip them regularly as this will allow the skin to get crispy.
- Remove from heat, serve with the lemon wedges and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe