Garlic and herbs are added to this Steak and Potatoes Foil Packs to make an amazing meal. Grilled or oven baked this foil pack is easy to make.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Steak and Potatoes Foil Packs Recipe:
We love making foil packs. You can add many different types of vegetables and meats to make the perfect weeknight meal or for a BBQ. The steak cooks perfectly and the vegetables are fork tender when cooked in the foil packs.
If you love grilling out steak, you should try our Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak Recipe. If is delicious and full of flavor. The seasoning we use is easy to make and your steaks cook perfectly.
Make an easy weeknight meal with a foil pack loaded with steak, potatoes and easy seasoning. Cooking in the foil pack makes for an easy cleanup.
If you love foil pack dinners, see Best Foil Pack Recipes for more ideas.
How to Make Steak Foil Packets:
Making foil packets is one of my favorite ways to grill out. This recipe is simple because everything is placed in the foil, seasoned and cooked to perfection.
- Foil – Prepare piece of foil packs by cutting foil in even sizes and lay across counter.
- Ingredients – After the steak, potatoes and onions have been seasoning, divide in each of the foil.
- Butter – Top the ingredients with butter as this adds flavors and prevents from sticking.
- Fold up – Tightly fold the ingredients so they are completely covered. This ensures that nothing falls out while grilling.
- Place on Grill – Place foil packets on grill and begin grilling.
- Sirloin Steak
- Baby Potatoes, quartered
- Onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Butter, diced into small pieces
How to Grill Steak and Potato Foil Packs:
- Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Cut Steak and mix with other ingredients – Cut the steak into 1-inch pieces. Then place the steak, potatoes, onions, olive oil, parsley, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover with Seasoning – Toss to thoroughly coat the ingredients with the seasonings.
- Divide steak and potatoes – Place the ingredients in the center of 4 different sheets of heavy duty foil that are at least 12X12 inches.
- Add Butter – Top each one with the diced butter.
- Seal and Cook – Seal the foil packet and cook on the grill. Cook for 6-7 minutes per side until the steak is cooked to the preference that you prefer and the potatoes are cooked.
- Serve and Enjoy – Be careful when opening the foil packet and enjoy immediately while warm.
How to Make a Foil Pack:
Making foil pack to grill your different types or meats and vegetables is a great way to keep the food juicy and flavorful. But making the foil pack is key to make sure they food doesn’t fall out and you are able to check it properly.
After placing the food in the foil, we like to grab both ends and fold it down. Afer you have folded the sides, then fold the outsides in. We recommend folding the sides instead of crumbling which makes it easier to check the food.
It also allows you to easily flip the packet without any of the juices leaving the foil pack or food escaping. Make sure to use heavy duty aluminum foil so that it doesn’t break when making this recipe.
How Long to Grill Steak and Potatoes Foil Pack:
We recommend cooking the steak and potatoes for about 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Depending on how well you want your steak done, you may need to cook longer. Cook time will vary.
How to Cook Steak and Potatoes Foil Pack in Oven:
If you prefer to cooking your foil pack indoors, you can follow the steps and do so. After preparing the steak and potatoes as the recipe indicates, place the sheets of foil packets on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
Cook in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes and check it. It may take a little longer to get the potatoes tender.
- Potatoes – You can also use fingerling potatoes or yukon gold potatoes as well. Just make sure to dice them into smaller pieces so that the potatoes are done at the same time as the steak.
- Steak Options – You can use any of your favorite cuts of steak. I like using sirloin as it cooks well in this recipe.
- Change the Seasoning – You can easily change the seasoning in this recipe. Add in rosemary or other fresh herbs for added flavor.
- Add in other Vegetables – Add in a green vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, or green beans.
Do you Need Parboil the Potatoes?
When preparing this recipe we usually don’t parboil the potatoes. We like to keep things simple and use less dishes, but you can if you prefer. Parboiling the potatoes before placing in the foil packs allows them to cook faster.
If you like a firmer potato, then do not boil. Just make sure that the potatoes are smaller so they do cook through.
This may be a good option if making the meat and potatoes in the oven.
What to Serve with Steak and Potatoes?
This meal is a hearty and a complete meal. So I tend to add a fresh green salad or other vegetables that do not get cooked in the foil pack.
A fruit salad would also be a perfect side or a slice of French bread. Check out these other side dishes to serve.
How to Store Leftovers:
These steak and potatoes in foil pack is even better the next day. Place the leftover in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh up to 3 to 4 days.
Print Recipe here for Steak and Potatoes Foil Packs:
Steak and Potatoes Foil Pack
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Cut the steak into 1 inch pieces. Then place the steak, potatoes, onions, olive oil, parsley, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Toss to thoroughly coat the ingredients with the seasonings.
- Place the ingredients in the center of 4 different pieces of foil that are at least 12X12 inches. Top each one with the diced butter.
- Seal the foil packet and place them on the grill. Cook for 6-7 minutes per side until the steak is cooked to the preference that you prefer and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Be careful when opening the foil packet and enjoy immediately while warm.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Foil Pack Recipes:
- Grilled Salmon in Foil
- Campfire Potatoes Recipe
- Blackstone Hobo Dinner Recipe
- Crack Chicken Foil Packets Recipe
- Grilled Vegetables in Foil
- The Best Hobo Dinner in Foil