If you are looking for an easy weeknight meal make Shrimp Boil Foil Pack. Add in shrimp, sausage, and veggies to make a delicious foil pack recipe.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Shrimp Boil Foil Pack:
Shrimp Boil Foil Pack is a delicious recipe packed with ingredients and flavor. The Cajun seasoning fills the foil pack with delicious flavor. Cooking everything in the foil leaves clean up a breeze and locks in moisture.
Summertime is a great time to make your meals on the grill. We love making foil packs as I can cook an entire meal in the foil packs. The Grilled Shrimp cooks perfectly in foil with added sausage and veggies.
Feel free to change the seasoning, veggies and protein to what your family prefers. Wrap everything up in aluminum foil to create a delicious, flavorful traditional shrimp boil.
What is Shrimp Boil Foil Pack:
Foil packet dinners require minimum prep work. In fact, everyone can add their favorite ingredients to make shrimp boil foil packets. Add in shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes with seasoning to create the ultimate summertime meal.
This meal is perfect for a a weeknight meal to make for your next BBQ. Everything cooks in the foil to lock in flavor and moisture. The results are perfectly cooked ingredients.
You can even serve it straight from the foil.
- Large Shrimp (Peeled and Deveined)
- Smoked Andouille Sausage (12 oz package – sliced into 1/2” thick pieces)
- Corn on the Cob (husked and cut crosswise into 4 pieces each)
- Baby Red Potatoes (quartered)
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon (cut into wedges)
- Unsalted Butter
- Chopped Fresh Parsley (for serving)
How to Make Shrimp Boil Foil Pack:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Prepare Foil – Cut 4 large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil into approximately 12X12 inches and spray the foil into non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 3 – Toss Ingredients Together – In a large bowl, gently toss together all the ingredients except for the butter and parsley.
- Step 4 – Divide Ingredients into Foil – Evenly divide the mixture into the center of each piece of foil and top each one with 1 tablespoon of butter. Then fold up the edges of the foil around the food to create a closed packet.
- Step 5 – Grill Foil Packets – Place the foil packets on the grill over direct heat. Grill for 12-15 minutes (flipping halfway through the cook time) until cooked through.
- Step 6 – Serve – Serve immediately topped with fresh chopped parsley, salt and pepper and enjoy.
Tips for Foil Pack Shrimp Boil:
- Cutting Sausage and Corn – We recommend cutting the sausage and corn about the same size. This makes sure that it cooks evenly.
- Spray Foil – To prevent the ingredient from sticking to the foil, make sure to spray with cooking spray. You can also prepare it with melted butter.
- Opening Foil Pack – When the ingredients have finished grill, carefully open foil pack. The foil packs release a lot of steam that will be hot as you are opening foil packs.
- Make Ahead – To save time for your next BBQ prepare the foil packs ahead of time. You can prepare as far as 2 days in advance just make sure to store in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Aluminum Foil – We recommend using heavy duty aluminum foil when making shrimp foil pack dinners. The grill is so hot that you don’t want your foil to burn through or tear.
Can I Bake Shrimp Boil Foil Packs?
The great thing about Shrimp Foil Packs is you can cook on the grill or in the oven. After preparing the foil packs with the ingredients, fold and place on baking sheet.
Bake these packets for 15-17 minutes at 425 degrees F. Carefully open the foil packets to make sure they are done and serve.
What type of Shrimp is best for Grilling?
The perfect shrimp to grill is the large, jumbo or colossal size shrimp. We buy the shrimp that is already peeled and deveined. But you can grill shrimp with the peel on.
I like to keep things easy, so I look for the shrimp that is already peeled.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change Ingredients – This foil pack recipe can easily be changed to what you have or prefer.
- Shrimp – We used raw shrimp, but you can use already cooked shrimp but the size of the shrimp will get smaller.
- Add Vegetables – The potatoes and corn are always a crowd favorite but you can add in other vegetables.
- Change the Potatoes – We used red potatoes in this recipe, but you can use russet potatoes or yellow gold potatoes.
- Change the Seasoning – If you want to add some spice to your recipe, add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Butter – We love to top the ingredients with a slice of butter. It adds flavor and keeps the ingredients juicy. This helps to prevent sticking while the ingredients cook. You can also drizzle with olive oil.
What to Serve with Shrimp Foil Pack:
When we cook shrimp boil foil packs on the grill, we love to choose sides that can be cooked on the grill. This makes for easy clean up and we love the flavor the grill gives the side dishes.
These are some of our favorites:
- Grilled Asparagus in Foil – The Asparagus is topped with easy pantry ingredients and wrapped in foil and grilled to perfection. The Asparagus comes our perfectly tender and taste amazing. We love to squeeze fresh lemon juice and serve.
- Baked Potatoes on the Grill – Bake Potatoes on the grill is one of our favorite side dishes to make. They are budget friendly and everyone can choose whatever toppings they want.
- White Rice – White rice is an easy side that I can easily cook in a rice cooker or in the slow cooker. I usually make a large batch and freeze for easy meals like this shrimp boil.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Easy Shrimp Foil Pack Recipe:
This Shrimp Boil Foil Pack recipe is one of our favorites. The shrimp, sausage and veggies cook quickly and evenly when wrapped in foil. The results are delicious and flavorful foil pack recipe.
This is a perfect recipe for your next BBQ or weeknight meal. You can use a variety of vegetables and seasoning to create the ultimate foil pack meal.
Print Recipe here for Shrimp Boil Foil Pack:
Shrimp Boil Foil Pack
- 1 Pound Large Shrimp Peeled and Deveined
- 1 pkg Smoked Andouille Sausage 12 oz package – sliced into 1/2” thick pieces
- 2 Ears of Corn husked and cut crosswise into 4 pieces each
- 1 Pound Baby Red Potatoes quartered
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Chopped Fresh Parsley for serving
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Cut 4 large pieces of heavy duty foil into approximately 12X12 inches and spray the foil into non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together all the ingredients except for the butter and parsley.
- Evenly divide the mixture into the center of each piece of foil and top each one with 1 tablespoon of butter. Then fold up the edges of the foil around the food to create a closed packet.
- Place the foil packets on the grill over direct heat. Grill for 12-15 minutes (flipping halfway through the cook time) until cooked through.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Foil Pack Recipes:
- Foil Pack Grilled Mushrooms Recipe
- Cheesy Foil Pack Potatoes Recipe
- Surf and Turf Foil Pack
- Cajun Foil Pack
- Foil Pack Nachos Recipe
- See Best Foil Pack Recipes for more ideas.