If you love mushrooms as a side dish then serve these Foil Pack Grilled Mushrooms. These mushrooms are easy to make and simple to season.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Foil Pack Grilled Mushrooms:
Grilled Mushrooms in Foil Pack is my favorite way to make mushrooms. When we grill out, I like to make everything on the grill. Placing the sliced mushrooms in a foi pack, locks in the moisture and cooks them perfectly.
If you love mushrooms as much as my family, then you need to check out these other recipe. Grilled Portobello Mushrooms, Blackstone Sauteed Mushrooms, or Blackstone Steak and Mushrooms Recipe are easy to make.
Even if you are not a fan of mushrooms, these foil pack grilled mushrooms are so tasty. You will love this budget friendly side with many of your recipes. Add this easy side dish to your grill this summer.
- Cremini or Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- Butter, melted
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Oregano
- Black Pepper
How to Make Grilled Mushrooms in Foil:
- Step 1 – Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Cut Foil – Cut out 4 squares of aluminum foil (approximately 12X12).
- Step 3 – Mix seasoning with mushrooms – In a large bowl, gently stir together the mushrooms, butter, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Step 4 – Place mushrooms in foil – Divide the mushroom mixture evenly onto the 4 pieces of foil. Then fold the squares over and seal the edges to form a packet.
- Step 5 – Place on Grill – Place the packets on the grill over direct heat. Grill for 20-25 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
- Step 6 – Remove from grill – Remove the packets from the grill. Carefully open the packets and move the mushrooms to a bowl or plate.
- Step 7 – Serve – Serve warm and enjoy.
What type of Mushrooms are best for Grilling:
We used cremini mushrooms for this easy side dish but you can also use button mushrooms. You can easily use any type of mushrooms sliced for this recipe. Baby bella mushrooms is another great suggestions.
How Long to Grill Mushrooms:
After preparing mushrooms, place in the foil and wrap up. Place on a preheated grill and cook for about 20 minutes. I like to place the foil pack mushrooms when I place our meats on the grill.
This way that everything is about the same time.
How do you tell if Grilled Mushrooms are done?
After about 20 minutes, we remove the foil packet from the grill. Carefully open the packet and if the mushrooms are tender and juicy they are done. You can also tell they are done when they turn a darker color.
- Cooking Methods – You can easily keep the mushrooms whole and place on skewers. You can even cook these slice mushrooms in a grill basket.
- Clean Mushrooms – We recommend cleaning the mushrooms before grilling them. I like to place them in a colander and run water over them.
- Mushrooms – We like to use mushrooms that are about the same size so they cook the same time.
- Add Flavor – Feel free to add soy sauce or other types of sauce and seasoning to add flavor to this foil pack vegetables.
- Aluminum Foil – Make sure to use heavy duty foil when grilling vegetables.
- Olive Oil – We like to spray each piece of heavy duty foil with olive oil to prevent the mushrooms from sticking.
- Vegetables – Feel free to add in other vegetables when grilling mushrooms. Our favorite is adding in asparagus with the mushrooms.
Do you Salt Mushrooms before Grilling?
We usually season the mushrooms with salt prior to grilling. Some recipes indicate that it could cause the mushrooms to be rubbery. We have not had that problem, so you can easily do what you prefer.
What to Serve with Foil Pack Mushrooms:
Foil Pack mushrooms can be served with many different recipes. When you are grilling out steaks, chicken, or pork chops add a side of these grill mushrooms. They would even be perfect when you are making a meatless meal.
- Blackstone Sirloin Steak – These foil pack mushrooms are delicious served over the top of this steak.
- Grilled Lemon Chicken – Adding this thinly sliced mushrooms as a side with this grilled chicken is delicious and the perfect side dish.
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops – We love making pork chops on the grill and these sliced mushrooms goes perfectly with this pork chop.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
Why Use a Foil Pack to Grill Mushrooms?
Cooking mushrooms in foil allows for this vegetable to cook evenly and not get mushy. Using heavy duty foil allows for the it to steam the mushrooms perfectly but still making them tender and juicy.
We love cooking slice mushrooms. They cook great on skewers or steamed on the stovetop. But cooking foil is one of my favorites as there is little prep work that needs to be done.
Print Recipe here for Foil Pack Grilled Mushrooms:
Foil Pack Grilled Mushrooms
- Preheat the grill over high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Cut 4 squares of aluminum foil (approximately 12X12).
- In a large mixing bowl, gently stir together the mushrooms, butter, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Divide the mushroom mixture evenly onto the 4 pieces of foil. Then fold the squares over and seal the edges to form a packet.
- Place the packets on the grill over direct heat. Grill for 20-25 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
- Remove the packets from the grill. Carefully open the packets and move the mushrooms to a bowl or plate.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
You can easily use any type of mushrooms sliced for this recipe.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Foil Pack Recipes:
- Cheesy Potatoes Foil Pack Recipe
- Foil Pack Nachos Recipe
- Surf and Turf Foil Pack
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts in Foil
- See Best Foil Pack Recipes for more ideas.