Grilled Portobello Mushrooms are marinated with a simple seasoning and then grilled to perfection. Easy and delicious side dish.
Easy Grilled Portobello Mushrooms Recipe:
Delicious Grilled Portobello Mushrooms is easy side dish that is full of flavor. The Portobello Mushrooms are marinated in simple marinade and then grilled for a simple side dish.
We love the flavor of the Portobello Mushrooms after it is grilled. The texture is soft and because they are grilled it is filled with a smoky flavor. Grilling vegetables is one of my favorites to grill and these mushrooms turn out amazing.
If you are looking for an easy side dish that is healthy and delicious make these Grilled Portobello Mushrooms.
Which Side of a Portobello Mushroom do you Grill first?
When grilling portobello mushrooms, they give off a lot of liquid. So it is important to grill the portobello mushrooms gill side up first. The liquid will fill the cap and then once you flip it then the liquid will fall into the grill.
Easy Portobello Mushrooms Marinade Ingredients:
- Large Portobello Mushrooms
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley (chopped)
How to Grill Portobello Mushrooms:
- Step 1 – Prepare the Marinade – Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper and salt in a shallow baking dish.
- Step 2 – Marinade the Mushrooms – Remove the stems and gills from the mushrooms. Add them to the baking dish and flip them to coat them in the marinade mixture. Let the mushrooms marinade for at least 5 minutes.
- Step 3 – Prepare Grill – Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Brush the grill grates with an oil to prevent the mushrooms from sticking to the grill.
- Step 4 – Place Mushrooms on Grill – Remove the mushrooms caps from the marinade and shake off any excess marinade. Place them on the grill on direct heat.
- Step 5 – Grill Portobello Mushrooms – Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until the mushrooms are a deep golden brown color.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve the mushrooms topped with the fresh parsley. Enjoy!
How Long to Marinade Portobello Mushrooms:
You do not need to marinate the Portobello Mushrooms for very long. We recommend marinating for about 10 minutes but you can leave it in for about 30 minutes.
How Long do you Grill Mushrooms:
Grill mushrooms on a preheated grill for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. You will know the mushrooms are done when they are golden brown.
- Allow Mushrooms to Rest – You can let the mushrooms sit after cooking them. The longer they sit, the more intense the flavor becomes.
- Balsamic Vinegar – We recommend using balsamic vinegar as it adds so much flavor.
- Olive Oil – We love the flavor that olive gives these mushrooms. But you can also use avocado oil or another higher smoke point oil.
- Lemon Juice – If you prefer you can add in some lemon juice with the other marinade ingredients.
- Picking Mushrooms – When picking your fresh portobello mushrooms, we recommend choosing ones that are about the same size.
- Grilling Mushrooms – After the portobello mushrooms have been on the grill for about 1 to 2 minutes, press them down on the grill with a spatula. This allows for the grill evenly and the best grill marks.
- Garlic – We used garlic powder in this recipe, but you can use minced garlic as well.
- Soy Sauce – Add soy sauce to the marinade for amazing savory flavor.
- Excess Marinade – Before placing the mushrooms on the grill, shake off any excessive liquid. You many even need to dry with a paper towel.
What to Serve with Portobello Mushrooms:
Portobello Mushrooms make a great side dish to many different recipes.
- Portobello Mushroom Burger – For a low carb, high protein meal make a Mushroom burger. Grill a hamburger Patty and place it in between two mushrooms.
- Grilled Steak – We love grilled steak and paired with the mushrooms makes for a healthy and delicious meal.
- Grilled Tilapia – Grilled Tilapia in Foil is an quick and easy way to make this flavorful fish anytime of the week. It is the perfect fish to grill in foil to hold in all the flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days but these are best served fresh.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Portobello Mushrooms:
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 Large Portobello Mushrooms
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Fresh Parsley chopped
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper and salt in a shallow baking dish.
- Remove the stems and gills from the mushrooms. Add them to the baking dish and flip them to coat them in the marinade mixture. Let the mushrooms marinade for at least 5 minutes.
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Brush the grill grates with an oil to prevent the mushrooms from sticking to the grill. Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and shake off any excess marinade. Place them on the grill on direct heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until the mushrooms are a deep golden brown color.
- Serve the mushrooms topped with the fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe