Easy ingredients make this Grilled Lemon Chicken so delicious and flavorful. Tender, juicy and cooked to perfection this grilled chicken is a family favorite.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Lemon Chicken Recipe
Chicken is one of my favorite meats to grill. There are many ways to season it and it can be served with a side dish or sliced and put on a salad. This Easy Grilled Lemon Chicken is so delicious and the marinade is easy to make.
If you are looking for a simple recipe that results in tender, juicy chicken then make this delicious Lemon Pepper Chicken. Pair this salad with some roasted vegetables and a bake potato and your meal is complete.
How Long to Marinate Chicken:
Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl including lemon juice and olive oil. Place chicken in a ziploc bag and pour the lemon marinade in the bag.
We recommend marinading the chicken for at least 20 minutes. But if you plan ahead, you can easily allow it to marinade overnight in the fridge.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (approximately 2 pounds)
- Olive OIl
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Lemon, juiced
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
How to Grill Lemon Chicken:
- Step 1 – Combine Marinade Ingredients – Stir together all the ingredients except for the chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Step 2 – Add chicken and marinade to bag – Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag or a bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Step 3 – Marinade Chicken – Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Step 4 – Prepare Grill – Then preheat the grill to 350 degrees F. Gently brush the grates of the grill with the oil. This is to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Step 5 – Grill Chicken – Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per size until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 6 – Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then the chicken is ready to slice and enjoy. Season with salt and pepper.
How Long to Grill Chicken Breast:
When preparing your chicken for grilling, you want to make sure that each chicken breast about the same size. You may have need to filet you chicken or pound it to thin it out.
Make sure that the grill is hot and the grill grates are oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. If the chicken is burning, you can place the chicken on the indirect heat of the grill.
Grilling chicken doesn’t take long to cook. My husband usually stays close by the grill so he can monitor it. Flipping the chicken after cooking about 5 minutes on each side makes for the juiciest chicken.
We use an instant read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature before eating.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs with this recipe. We love grilling boneless skinless chicken for a different cut of meat.
What to Serve with Grilled Lemon Chicken:
There are many different sides that you can serve with this delicious Grilled Lemon Chicken. We like to make side dish easy when grilling out and even like making them on the grill or grill pan.
These are our favorites.
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil – This potatoes in foil grill recipe is one my favorite sides to make. This dish is budget friendly and only require a few ingredients.
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon on the Grill is a delicious side that is easy to make. The bacon wrapped around the asparagus gives it so much flavor.
- Grilled Glazed Carrots Recipe – These glazed carrots are so delicious. Adding the brown sugar glaze gives them a buttery and sweet flavor that compliments this amazing side dish.
- More Grilled Chicken Side Dishes
Tips for Lemon Grilled Chicken:
- Hot Grill – Make sure your grill is set on medium high heat. Cooking chicken on a hot grill helps to keep them juicy. We recommend to oil grill to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Same Size Chicken – When preparing your chicken, make sure that they are all even thickness. This makes sure they are evenly cooked. You may even need to filet the chicken or pound them out to make them thin.
- Allow Chicken to rest – After chicken is done cooking, make sure you allow chicken to rest. This locks in the juices and the flavoring.
- Indirect Heat – If chicken is getting burnt but not done, place chicken on indirect heat until finish cooking.
- Meat Thermometer – We recommend using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken before serving.
- Baking – This recipe would also work if you wanted to bake this chicken in the lemon marinade. Place in the oven at 400 degrees and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you have on hand. Fresh herbs would be a delicious option for the marinade.
- Uses for chicken – There are many ways to your this lemon chicken. Slice and make a wrap, quesadilla, and on top of a salad. This is the perfect chicken to meal prep with.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Lemon Chicken:
Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Stir together all the ingredients except for the chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag or a bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Then preheat the grill to 350 degrees F. Gently brush the grates of the grill with the oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per size until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then it’s ready to slice and enjoy.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe
- Grilled Sticky Chicken Breasts
- Copycat Chipotle Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Italian Chicken Recipe
- Mayo Marinated Chicken recipe
- Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe