Grilled Sticky Chicken is tender and juicy chicken breast that is grilled to perfection. Then brushed with a delicious glaze to give the chicken so much flavor.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Sticky Chicken Breasts Recipe:
We are always grilling out chicken breast. There are so many ways to seasoning them, marinate them, or brush on a glaze. This sticky chicken recipe is one of favorite ways to serve grilled chicken because of the amazing Asian flavor.
The glaze is delicious, sweet, savory and tangy and comes together with simple pantry ingredients. These chicken breast will melt in your mouth and are full of smoky flavor thanks to the grill.
Grilled Sticky Chicken Breast are a family favorite. They are perfectly served as a weeknight meal or if we are grilling out with friends and family. Add your favorite side and your meal is complete.
What is Sticky Chicken?
Southern Sticky Chicken Breast is a meal that is created with simple pantry ingredients. The sticky sauce is saucy, flavorful and has a hint of Asian taste. We love it because I can easily turn chicken breast into something the whole family will enjoy.
This chicken breast are great on the grill, but can easily be baked. The sticky sauce is close to a your favorite country style rub. We even love to serve the sauce on the side to drizzle over all over our plate.
For the Chicken:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (pounded to ¼ inch thick)
For the Glaze:
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Sriracha Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Sesame Oil
- Minced Garlic
For the Topping:
- Green Onions, diced
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
How to Make the Glaze:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients in a Sauce Pan – Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a saucepan.
- Step 2 – Heat over a low simmer – Heat over medium high heat and bring the mixture to a low simmer.
- Step 3 – Continue to Simmer – Then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the mixture is reduced in half and thickened. Whisk the mixture occasionally so that the sauce does not burn.
How to Grill Sticky Chicken Breast:
- Step 1 – Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F) and brush the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grill.
- Step 2 – Grill Chicken – Grill the chicken pieces over direct heat for 4-6 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 3 – Brush Chicken with Sauce – Remove the chicken from the grill. Brush the chicken with the sauce from the saucepan. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the chicken is ready to serve and enjoy!
How Long to Grill Sticky Chicken:
The cook times will vary based on the size of the chicken breast. We recommend making chicken about the same size, so they grill evenly. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked to the correct temperature.
Using a meat thermometer will make sure you do not overcook your chicken. We recommend staying close to the grill to ensure your chicken breast doesn’t burn. Using a thermometer to chicken if chicken is done is better than slicing into the chicken.
We grilled each side of chicken breast about 5 minutes. They were cooked all the way through and did not burn or dry out. We love to have the chicken breast to have a crispy skin.
From start to finish these chicken breast are on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- Hot Grill – Make sure your grill is hot. Cooking chicken on a hot grill helps to keep them juicy.
- Same Size Chicken – When preparing your sticky sweet chicken, make sure that they are all even thickness. This makes sure they are evenly cooked.
- Allow Chicken to rest – After chicken is done cooking, make sure you allow chicken to rest. This locks in the juices and the flavoring.
- Meat Thermometer – When you are check to make sure your chicken is done, use a meat thermometer instead of slicing into chicken. The internal temperature of the chicken should read 165 degrees.
- Chicken Thighs – This recipe can also be made with chicken thighs.
- Baking – If you prefer to bake this sticky chicken, place in the a baking dish and place in the oven at 400 degrees. Bake for about 20 minutes and then flip chicken for additional 15 minutes.
What to Serve with Sticky Grilled Chicken:
Sticky Grilled Chicken is great served with many different sides. If we grill out, we try to make sides that can easily be grilled. This makes for an easy cleanup.
- White Rice – Since this sticky grilled chicken has a Asian flavor to it, I like to serve it with a side of rice. The remaining marinade drizzled over the rice is so delicious.
- Grilled Green Beans – I also like to serve greens beans with the rice and chicken. These green beans grilled in the foil pack is so easy and the green beans turn out so flavorful.
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil – Slice up your favorite potatoes, season and place in foil for a delicious side.
- More Grilled Chicken Side Dishes
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How to Freeze Sticky Chicken:
Once you chicken has cooled to room temperature, wrap chicken in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and place in a freezer container. If stored properly your chicken will last up to 4 months.
When you are ready to serve, thaw chicken in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the oven.
Why we love this Sticky Chinese Chicken Recipe:
- Tender and Juicy Chicken Breast – We love that this easy to make sticky sauce and seasoning makes the chicken so tender, juicy and full of flavor.
- Simple Recipe – Cooking the chicken breast on the grill make it an easy weeknight meal. It is also perfect for a BBQ with friends. Rather I am grilling during the week or on the weekend, everyone loves these sticky Chicken breast
- Budget Friendly – The seasoning and sticky sauce ingredients are simple and more than likely you already have them.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Sticky Chinese Chicken:
Grilled Sticky Chinese Chicken Breasts
For the Chicken:
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts pounded to ¼ inch thick
For the Glaze:
For the Topping:
- 2 Green Onions diced Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium high heat and bring the mixture to a low simmer. Then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the mixture is reduced in half and thickened. Whisk the mixture occasionally so that the sauce does not burn.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F) and brush the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grill.
- Grill the chicken breasts over direct heat for 4-6 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill. Brush the chicken with the sauce from the saucepan. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Then the chicken is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Grilled Chicken Breast Recipes:
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Breast Grilled Recipe
- The Best BBQ Chicken Breast Recipe