Grilled Green Beans in Foil is the best side dish. We love that this recipe only takes a few ingredients and less than 15 minutes to grill.
Grilled Green Beans in Foil:
If you are looking for a quick and easy side dish that you can put on the grill, make Grilled Green Beans in Foil. This side dish takes only a few ingredients, wrap in foil and toss on the grill.
Green Beans Recipe is a side dish that everyone loves. We love that it is made with fresh green beans and the seasoning can easily be adjusted to what you have.
We grill a lot of our meals, especially during the warmer months. So when I can make the meat and the sides on the grill, that makes my life so much easier. That is why I love this amazing dish.
Easy Green Beans Grilled in Foil:
These Easy Green Beans Grilled in foil are tasty and full of flavor. When grilled we love how the green beans come out so crispy but tender on the inside. We love the smoky flavor that the grill gives this dish.
Wrapping the green beans in the foil allows for the grill to steam the green beans to perfection. The foil helps keep the green beans from getting soggy and over cooked. I have used a grill pan and grill basket before, but I like the foil pouch.
Fresh green beans are budget friendly and the most requested vegetable from my kids.
- Fresh Green Beans
- Olive oil – You can also use avocado oil.
- Garlic Powder – You can also use Minced Garlic.
How to Grill Green Beans in Foil:
- Preheat Grill – Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare Green Beans – Clean and cut the ends of the fresh green beans
- Get a Piece of Foil – Place the green beans on the center of a piece of foil.
- Season Green Beans – Drizzle the olive oil over the green beans and season them with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir the seasoning with the green beans – Create a pouch around the green beans.
- Cook the Green Beans – Place the aluminum foil pouch on direct medium high heat. Close the lid on the grill. Cook for 5-8 minutes on each side on direct flames. Carefully open the foil packet and make sure that a green bean is done.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill and serve.
Can I make Green Beans in the Oven?
You can also make these foil pack green beans in the oven. Bake the foil pack on a baking sheet in the oven at medium heat, 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes (flipping halfway through the cook time) until the green beans are tender.
It takes a longer in the oven, but they still come out as a great side dish.
Can you cook Green Beans on the Grill?
Yes, you can. Placing the green beans in foil allows for that green beans to stem to perfection. Since the green beans are wrapped in foil it keeps the green beans from falling through on the grill grates.
Variations for Grilled Green Beans:
- Use a Grill Basket instead – If you prefer you can use a grill basket to cook the green beans on the grill.
- Add Vegetables – You can add other vegetables to the foil pack with the green beans. Cherry tomatoes, onions, or small potatoes. I like mixing the ingredients with the vegetables in a large bowl and then put in the foil pouch.
- Use Different Seasoning – Sprinkle the green beans with cayenne pepper or other seasoning blends. We usually what we have.
- Top with Cheese – You can sprinkle parmesan cheese or top with mozzarella cheese for an amazing side dish.
- Add nuts – Add sesame seeds or sliced almonds for a crunchy taste.
- Garlic Options – We used garlic powder in this recipe, but you can also use minced garlic or garlic cloves to really bring out that garlic flavor.
Do you cut the ends off of Fresh Green Beans?
Yes, we always cut off the ends. Trimming the green beans allows you to get the ends off that may not look as good. I think it really cleans up the green beans and gives it more of polish look.
You can also trim the green beans up to 3 days in advance and store in an airtight container. This saves time for a great weeknight dish.
How long do you Grill Green Beans in Foil?
Place the green beans on a preheated grill. It takes about 5-8 minutes on each to grill the green beans. You don’t want to leave them on to long as the green beans can turn to mush.
Can I use Canned or Frozen Green Beans?
We recommend only using fresh green beans. If you use canned green beans they don’t hold up very well on the grill. They can get mushy really quick. I would save canned green beans for the stove top.
Frozen green beans turn out with a tough texture.
How to Store Grilled Green Beans:
Store any leftover green beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Green Beans in Foil:
Grilled Green Beans
- 1 lb fresh green beans washed and trimmed
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- Clean and cut the ends of the fresh green beans
- Place them on the center of a piece of foil.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the green beans and season them with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Fold the foil into a foil pack around the green beans.
- Place the foil packet on direct heat. Close the lid on the grill. Cook for 5-8 minutes on each side on direct flames. Carefully open the foil packet and make sure that a bean is done.
- Remove from the grill and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe