Grilled Glazed Carrots is an easy side dish that compliments any meal. The brown sugar glaze adds so much flavor to the grilled carrots.
Grilled Glazed Carrots Recipe:
We love making carrots on the grill. We have made roasted carrots in foil packs or directly on the grill. They grill perfectly and are so flavor. Adding the brown sugar glaze gives them a buttery and sweet flavor that compliments this amazing side dish.
Grilled Glazed Carrots is the perfect side dish for a weeknight meal or served as a holiday dinner side. This side dish on requires a few ingredients and are simple to make.
Even if you are not a fan of carrots, adding the brown sugar glaze will sweetens the carrots. When we grill out we love to make sides that can easily be made on the grill.
This side is budget friendly and the seasoning can be changed to what you have on hand. You might also like Blackstone Glazed Carrots Recipe.
Best Glaze for Grilled Carrots:
Carrots are already have a sweet hint to them, so keeping the ingredients simple for the glaze is easy to do. To make this glaze we used butter, brown sugar and a pinch of salt. That is it and these simple ingredients went really well with the carrots taste.
You can easily add in some soy sauce, honey glaze or maple syrup to sweeten it up. I have even mixed in some orange juice and cinnamon to deepen the flavor. Get creative and use what you have.
Balsamic Vinegar is also a good marinade for the carrots. We love balsamic vinegar and use it for meats and vegetables.
- Whole Carrots
- Olive Oil
- Butter, melted
- Brown Sugar
How to Grill Carrots with Glaze:
- Prepare Grill and Carrots – Preheat the gas grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). If the carrots are thicker, cut the carrots in half lengthwise.
- Toss Carrots in Olive Oil – Toss the carrots in the olive oil and then place the carrots direction on the grill grates. You can also place the carrots on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook Carrots – Cook the carrots on the grill for 12-15 minutes flipping them every 3-4 minutes. If the carrots get too browned, move them to indirect heat to prevent them from over browning.
- Mix together glaze ingredients – In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter and brown sugar. Just before you are ready to remove the carrots from the grill, brush the glaze onto the carrots (both side) and grill them for 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove the carrots from the grill and serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!
How Long To Grill Carrots:
When grilling carrots you want to make sure you stay close by the grill. The total time to grill fork tender carrots is about 15 minutes. Make sure to flip them every 4 minutes from burning on the grill. Cooking time will vary.
If the carrots get too brown, move to the side of the grill that is not heated. Even though they are on indirect heat, they will continue to cook.
Do you have to peel Carrots before you Grill?
You do not have to peel the carrots. I always clean and peel the carrots before cooking. I think they look pretty if you do.
If I use baby carrots, those are usually already cleaned and ready to eat, so I usually just drizzle them with olive oil and begin grilling.
When to Glaze:
The timing of when to glaze the carrots is important as you don’t want the carrots to caramelize and burn in the open flame. We recommend basting the carrots with the glaze at the last 2 minutes of cooking them.
All the carrots to stay on the grill for about 1 to 2 minutes and then remove them. Place on a serving platter and they are ready to be enjoyed.
What to Serve with Grilled Carrots:
We love serving carrots, they are inexpensive vegetable that can be easily at the grocery store. Here are some of our favorites meats to serve with these glazed carrots:
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon – This bacon wrapped filet mignon is a family favorite. It cooks perfectly on the grill and the grilled carrots perfectly with it.
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe – We eat a lot of grilled chicken. It is easy to fix and we can use different types of seasoning. We love to make these glazed carrots along side this chicken as they are done about the same time.
- Salmon in Foil Grilled – If you are looking for an healthy salmon recipe, this is it. Full of flavor and grills perfectly in foil.
Can I use Baby Carrots with this Recipe?
We love using whole carrots for this recipe, but you can use baby carrots as well. Just want them closely to make sure that they don’t fall in between the grill grates will grilling them.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Easy Grilled Glaze Carrots Recipe:
Grilling carrots is a quick and easy side dish. We grill a lot in the summer months and I have been known to grill out when it gets a littler colder. Carrots are usually a very inexpensive side dish that I can put together very quickly.
If you are cooking dinner at home and need to free up your oven space or stovetop, use your grill to make Glazed Carrots. This side dish is sure to impress your family.
The next time you need an easy, budget friendly side make these Grilled Carrots.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Glaze Carrots:
Grilled Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound Whole Carrots
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). If the carrots are thicker, cut the carrots in half lengthwise.
- Toss the carrots in the olive oil and then place the carrots direction on the grill grates. Cook the carrots on the grill for 12-15 minutes flipping them every 3-4 minutes. If the carrots get too browned, move them to indirect heat to prevent them from over browning.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter and brown sugar. Just before you are ready to remove the carrots from the grill, brush the glaze onto the carrots (both side) and grill them for 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove the carrots from the grill and serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe