Foil Pack Nachos Recipe is a great way to make nachos. The foil packs are loaded with beef, beans, and melty cheese to make an easy meal.
Foil Pack Nachos Recipe:
Foil Pack Nachos is a delicious way to enjoy nachos. They are flavorful and can be loaded with your favorite nacho toppings. You can cook them on the grill or in the oven. We have even made campfire nachos in foil.
This foil pack nacho recipe is so quick and easy to make. We love using foil packs to make many different recipes. This one is always a crowd favorite. We think this recipe would be perfect when you have friends over and everyone can build their own.
The ingredient melt perfectly together and cleanup is a breeze. Simple and full of flavor is why these are the perfect weeknight meal or a weekend lunch. There are a variety of ways to make them.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Tortilla Chips
- Black Beans (14.5 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Roma Tomatoes (diced)
- Jalapeños (sliced)
- Fresh Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- Sour Cream
- Avocados (diced)
- Green Onions (diced)
How to Grill Nachos in Foil:
- Step 1 – Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Break up the beef as it browns. Drain off the excess grease.
- Step 3 – Stir in the water, salsa and taco seasoning. Heat for 3-5 minutes until the flavors are all combined. Remove the beef from the heat.
- Step 4 – In a separate mixing bowl, combine both of the shredded cheeses.
- Step 5 – Prepare 4 large sheets of Heavy Duty Aluminum foil that are 18X18 inches. Spray each piece of foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 6 – Place a handful of tortilla chips on the center of each foil. Then top each one with the meat mixture, beans and the shredded cheese. Seal the foil packs and cut a hole on the top of each foil pack so that the chips don’t get soggy when they cook.
- Step 7 – Place the foil packets on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Step 8 – Then carefully open the foil packets. Top with your desired toppings, serve and enjoy.
Nachos Topping Ideas:
The toppings for these Foil Pack Nachos are endless. You can use what you have on hand.
- Slice Avocado
- Slice Jalapenos
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
- Refried Beans
Tips for Camping Nachos Foil Pack:
- Foil – We recommend using heavy duty foil to make these nachos. It holds up on the grill and you can load the packets up without it ripping.
- Meat – We used ground beef but you can ground turkey or mixed the two together.
- Cook Meat – Cook meat in a skillet and crumble into small piece. Drain the meat once you have cook it.
- Preheat Grill – Before placing the nacho foil packets on the grill, make sure the grill has been preheated.
- Spray Foil – Before adding the ingredients to the foil, spray with cooking spray.
- Chips – After you have added the ingredients to the foil pack, make sure to poke a hole in the packet. This prevents the chips from getting soggy.
- Cook – It will take about 10 minutes to melt the cheese. Open packet carefully as it will extremely hot.
- Serving – These foil pack nachos are best served immediately.
How to Make Foil Nachos in Oven:
These foil packs can be prepared in the oven instead of the grill if you prefer. Once the packs are assembled, place them on a baking sheet.
Then bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F until the cheese is melted.
Easy Campfire Nachos Recipe:
If you are looking for a new recipe to make on the grill at home or while, this is the perfect camping recipe. The next time you are planning a camping trip, make sure to grab all the ingredients to make these foil packet nachos.
These nachos are also to be made in the oven or load up a cast iron skillet with chips cheese and beans. We love cooking in our cast iron skillet and this is a fun, crowd pleasing nacho recipe.
In less than 15 minutes, these nachos will be done. The next time you have friends over, make a nacho bar with all your favorite topping.
Can these Nachos be prepared ahead of time?
Yes, this recipe would be perfect to make ahead of time. When we make taco meat, we always double the recipe so we can freeze it. If you are going camping or making this for a weeknight meal, it will save you a step having the meat already prepared.
Thaw the meat and prepare the nachos as directed. Save time and money and prepare you meat ahead of time. Add your favorite toppings for an easy weeknight dinner.
Print Recipe here for Foil Pack Nachos:
Foil Pack Nachos
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1/4 cup Water
- 12 oz Tortilla Chips
- 1 can Black Beans 14.5 oz can, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- Optional Toppings:
- Roma Tomatoes diced
- Jalapeños sliced
- Fresh Cilantro Finely Chopped
- Sour Cream
- Avocados diced
- Green Onions diced
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Break up the beef as it browns. Drain off the excess grease.
- Stir in the water, salsa and taco seasoning. Heat for 3-5 minutes until the flavors are all combined. Remove the beef from the heat.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine both of the shredded cheeses.
- Prepare 4 large sheets of Heavy Duty Aluminum foil that are 18X18 inches. Spray each piece of foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a handful of chips on the center of each foil. Then top each one with the meat mixture, beans and the shredded cheese. Seal the foil packs and cut a hole on the top of each foil pack so that the chips don’t get soggy when they cook.
- Place the foil packets on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Then carefully open the foil packets. Top with your desired toppings, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe