Grilled Brussel Sprouts in Foil is an easy way to grill out this delicious vegetable. Simple seasoning is added to make this side dish so easy to make.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Brussel Sprouts in Foil Recipe:
Brussel Sprouts in Foil on the Grill Recipe is delicious and easy to make healthy side dish. Learn how to grill Brussel Sprouts in Foil with the step by step instructions. The Brussel Sprouts come out tender, crispy and amazing flavor.
Anytime we grill out, I like to prepare everything on the grill. It makes for an easy cleanup and everything gets done about the same time. When I make these Brussel Sprouts on the grill, my kids love them and will eat them without complaining.
The next time you need an easy vegetable to grill, try these Brussel Sprouts. Add your favorite seasoning and grill them to perfection. They turn out with crispy edges and a delicious smoky flavor.
Why Use a Foil Pack to Grill Brussel Sprouts?
Cooking Brussel Sprouts in foil allows for this vegetable to cook evenly and not get mushy. Using heavy duty foil allows for the it to steam the vegetable perfectly but still making the leaves crispy.
We love cooking brussel sprouts. They cook great on skewers or steamed on the stovetop. But cooking foil is one of my favorites as there is little prep work that needs to be done.
- Brussel Sprouts (cut in half)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
How to Grill Brussel Sprouts in Foil:
- Step 1 – Prepare Grill and Brussel Sprouts – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Wash the Brussel sprouts and pat them dry.
- Step 2 – Combine Brussel Sprouts with Seasoning – Place the Brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the Brussel sprouts to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Step 3 – Place in Foil – Place the Fresh Brussel sprouts on a large piece of foil. Seal the edges of the foil to form a foil packet.
- Step 4 – Grill Foil Packet – Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for approximately 20-25 minutes until the Brussel Sprouts are tender. Be careful when opening the foil packet as steam will release from the pack.
- Step 5 – Serve and enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
How Long to Grill Brussel Sprouts in Foil:
When making grilled Brussel Sprouts in foil we use the small to medium size Brussel Sprouts. If you use large Brussel sprouts, they will need to cook longer on the grill.
Cooking the smaller size Brussel Sprouts takes about 25 minutes or less, depending on how crispy and brown you want them.
Make sure to open foil pack carefully as the steam will be extremely hot.
- Add Cheese – Once the Brussel Sprouts are done, you can sprinkle with parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese. This adds so much flavor to the Brussel Sprouts.
- Add Bacon – For even more flavor, add in some chopped bacon. You can even use bacon bits or chop the already cooked bacon.
- Cook with Sausage – Adding in smoked sausage with this recipe taste amazing. It gives it so much flavor. We like to serve over rice for a complete meal.
- Change the Seasoning – You can use minced garlic instead of garlic powder if you prefer. Add seasoning salt or other types of seasoning.
- Feta Cheese – Toss a handful of feta cheese with your cooked brussel sprouts. The combination of the flavors really has become a family favorite.
- Drizzle with Syrup – Another favorite that we have recently discovered is drizzling maple syrup on top of cooked brussel sprouts.
Recipe Tips for Grilled Brussel Sprouts Recipe:
- Cook in Oven – You can also make these in the oven. Bake the foil packet at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until tender. Roasted Brussel Sprouts are easy to make.
- Continue Cooking – Because the brussel sprouts are cooked in the foil packs, it allows them to continue cooking while in the foil. I let them rest for a few minutes, then carefully open and then serve. This keeps them from getting to soggy.
- Cut and Wash – Wash and cut Brussel Sprouts in advance. This allows you to quickly fill the foil packets to easily put on the grill.
- Seasoning – You can use a dry seasoning or a marinade to cover the Brussel Sprouts.
- Aluminum Foil – When grilling with foil packets, make sure to get the heavy duty foil. It holds up better on the grill.
- Grill Basket – If you prefer not to use foil, you can grill in a grill basket.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover Brussel sprouts in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How to Reheat:
When you are ready to reheat, I like to reheat in the microwave. But you can also place them in the Air fryer for a few minutes. This allows them to be crispy again.
How to Trim Brussel Sprouts:
Before placing the Brussel sprouts in the foil, make sure you cut the ends off and then slice in half. They cook better and trimming the ends off removes the tough part.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Brussel Sprouts in Foil:
Grilled Brussel Sprouts in Foil
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Wash the Brussel sprouts and pat them dry.
- Place the Brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the Brussel sprouts to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Place the Brussel sprouts on a large piece of foil. Seal the edges of the foil to form a foil packet.
- Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for approximately 20-25 minutes until the Brussel Sprouts are tender. Be careful when opening the foil packet as steam will release from the pack.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe