Learn How to Grill Corn on the Cob in Foil for the best tasting corn. These easy steps will have you eating corn for your next BBQ.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Corn on the Cob in Foil Recipe:
Grilled Corn in Foil is one of our favorite ways to enjoy corn. We have cooked corn on the cob with the husk on and even straight on the grill. But wrapping the corn in foil locks in the moisture making it the juiciest corn.
Corn on the cob is an easy side dish to serve. It doesn’t take long to cook and the sweet, juicy flavor make it a crowd pleaser. Topping the corn with butter with the smoky grill flavor really makes for the best summer side dish.
The plump, tender kernels once the corn is cooked is why we love it so much. Wrapping the corn in foil keeps the corn from drying out. So there is no need to soak the corn in water beforehand.
Is it Better to Grill Corn in Foil or Not?
There really is not wrong way to enjoy corn on the cob. It depends on your preference rather you want to grill the corn with the foil on or leave it out.
- Grilling Corn directly on the Grill – When you grill the corn without foil or the husk on, the grill will give the kernels a charred flavored taste. You may find that it isn’t as juicy as there is no protection from the husk or the foil. But it does cook faster, so you will need to watch it closely.
- Grilling Corn with Foil – Placing corn on the cob in foil helps to lock in the moisture. You do miss out on the charred kernels, but you still get the smoky flavor. When preparing your corn in the foil, you can add different types of seasoning that cooks directly into the corn.
- Fresh Corn on the Cob
- Olive Oil
How to Grill Corn on the Cob in Foil:
- Prepare the Corn for Grilling – Shuck the corn, remove the silk and clean the corn thoroughly.
- Add Corn to Foil – Prepare 6 pieces of sheet of aluminum of foil (large enough to wrap around the corn). Lay a piece of the corn on the cob on each piece of oil.
- Season Corn – Drizzle the olive oil over each piece of corn and season the corn with salt and pepper.
- Wrap Corn in Foil – Roll up the ear of corn in the foil and make sure that it’s completely covered.
- Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Add corn to grill – Place the corn on the grill and cook for 17-20 minutes turning the occasionally.
- Remove Corn from Grill – Remove and allow the corn to cool completely. Carefully remove the corn from the foil.
- Serve and Enjoy – Top the corn with butter. Serve warm and enjoy!
How Long to Grill Corn in Foil:
Once the corn is seasoned and wrapped in foil, place on the medium high heat grill. Close the lid and grill the corn. We recommend rotating the corn every 2 to 3 minutes so all sides get cooked.
The corn will take about 20 minutes to cook thoroughly. Once the corn is done, unwrap the corn from the foil and top with butter and salt and pepper.
Toppings for Grilled Corn:
There are many different ways to flavor corn. This recipe calls for simple ingredients but we have also used these options and the corn comes out so flavorful.
- Butter, salt and pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Taco seasoning
- Cotija cheese
- Lime juice and garlic powder
- Garlic Butter
Can I Cook Corn in Foil in the Oven?
Yes, corn on the cob recipe in foil can also be made in the oven. Cook at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until the corn is the tenderness that you prefer.
Then remove from the oven and carefully remove the aluminum tin foil from the corn. Top with butter and salt and black pepper.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in air tight container for up to 1 week. You can also remove the kennels from the cob and refrigerate the kennels or freeze them for a future meal.
These are some of our favorite ways to use leftover corn kernels:
- Steam It
- Add it in Corn Bread
- Make Roasted Corn Salsa
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Grilled Corn
How to Freeze Corn on the Cob:
There are many ways you to freeze corn on the cob. It is a great to buy corn in season and freeze it. Then we can enjoy all year long.
These tips will show you how to freeze corn the right way.
Print Recipe here for How to Grill Corn on the Cob in Foil:
How to Grill Corn in Foil
- Shuck, remove the silk and clean the corn thoroughly.
- Prepare 6 pieces of foil (large enough to wrap around the corn). Lay a piece of the corn on the cob on each piece of oil.
- Drizzle the olive oil over each piece of corn and season the corn with salt and pepper.
- Roll up the corn in the foil and make sure that it’s completely covered.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Place the corn on the grill and cook for 17-20 minutes turning the occasionally.
- Remove and allow the corn to cool completely. Carefully remove the corn from the foil.
- Top the corn with butter. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe