Grilled Cauliflower in Foil is a delicious side dish that has amazing flavor and texture. Cauliflower florets are cooked perfectly in foil on the grill.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Cauliflower in Foil Recipe:
This Cauliflower Recipe is an amazing side dish. We have made whole roasted cauliflower, cauliflower steaks and more. But placing the chopped cauliflower in aluminum foil makes this a family favorite side dish.
Cauliflower is a healthy side dish that is seasoned easily with simple ingredients. It compliments many different main dishes and grills easily. I love that everything is made in the foil for an easy cleanup.
Anytime we grill, I love to make our sides on the grill. Wrapping them in foil is easy, but we have also put in a grill basket. Easily trim a whole head of cauliflower to created this delicious grilled veggie side.
- Head Cauliflower
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
How to Cauliflower in Foil on the Grill:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat at approximately 400 degrees. Cut the head of the cauliflower into florets. Wash the cauliflower and pat them dry.
- Step 2 – Toss Cauliflower with Seasoning – Place the cauliflower in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil and salt on top and season them with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Toss the cauliflower to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Step 3 – Place on Foil – Place the bite sized cauliflower on a large piece of foil. Seal the edges of the foil to form a foil packet.
- Step 4 – Cook Cauliflower – Place the foil packet on the grill. Then cook for approximately 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Be careful when opening the foil packet as steam will release from the pack.
- Step 5 – Serve and enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
How Long to Grill Cauliflower in Foil:
After placing on the prepared grill, allow the cauliflower to cook for about 15 minutes. You may need to carefully open the foil packets to check to see if they are fork tender.
Be careful to not cook them to long so the cauliflower does not get mushy.
Cauliflower on the Grill in Foil Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Cauliflower – If you need help on how to cut cauliflower. Check out the tips and tricks. We recommend washing and removing and damaged leaves.
- Coating Cauliflower – After cutting the cauliflower, carefully toss it with seasoning to make sure it is completely covered.
- Prepare Foil – Prepare the foil by spraying with cooking spray to prevent the cauliflower from sticking.
- Opening Packets – Carefully open the packets after removing from the grill. The packets will release steam that is very hot.
- Serving – You can serve the cauliflower in a bowl or serve from the foil.
How to Make on the Oven:
You can also make these in the oven. Bake the foil packet at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
I like to bake in the oven for an easy dinner when it is too cold to grill.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning with preparing this side dish. You can add in parsley, lemon juice, thyme, and paprika. We have even added in fresh herbs and chili powder.
- Spicy – If you prefer that the side dish have a kick. Mix in red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper for delicious flavor.
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks – If you prefer, you can place the cauliflower directly on the grill. Slice in thick slices for a steak cauliflower.
- Grill Pan – You can also place the cauliflower florets in a grill pan for an easy side.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover cauliflower in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
When you are ready to serve again, reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute.
Print Recipe for Grilled Cauliflower in Foil:
Grilled Cauliflower in Foil
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut the head of the cauliflower into florets. Wash the cauliflower and pat them dry.
- Place the cauliflower in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss the cauliflower to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Place the cauliflower on a large piece of foil. Seal the edges of the foil to form a foil packet.
- Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Be careful when opening the foil packet as steam will release from the pack.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe