Grilled Cauliflower Steaks is a quick and healthy way to enjoy sliced cauliflower. Seasoned with easy ingredients which makes the cauliflower full of flavor.
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks Recipe:
If you love cauliflower as much as I do, try a new way to cook them. Grilled Cauliflower Steaks Recipe jazz up a bland vegetable. The sliced cauliflower is seasoned with lemon and simple seasoning to make a healthy recipe.
You will be surprised how flavorful this white vegetable gets. Placing it on the grill with the fresh squeezed lemon, salt and pepper, and melted butter gives it so much flavor. This is the perfect low carb meal or if you don’t eat meat.
Spice up your favorite white vegetable and make Grilled Cauliflower Steaks. My family was a little hesitant at first, but loved it after trying it. Let the heat from the grill soften the cauliflower to make a tender and sweet cauliflower steak.
What does Cauliflower Steak Taste Like?
Since Cauliflower has a mild, neutral flavor before seasoning it. When you season it, it takes on that flavor and that is what it taste like. This is why it works well for making cauliflower mashed potatoes or using slice cauliflower as a pizza crust.
Cauliflower has gotten so popular over the years as it can be used in many different recipes. It can also be used as a base in many food items.
- Large Cauliflower (approximately 3 pounds)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Butter, melted
- Lemons, juiced
How to Grill Cauliflower Steak:
- Soak Cauliflower in Water – Remove any leaf layers from the head of the cauliflower. Then soak it in the water for 10-15 minutes.
- Dry Cauliflower – Then remove the cauliflower, pat it dry and remove the stem from the cauliflower.
- Slice Cauliflower – Place the cauliflower flat on a cutting board. Usee a long sharp knife to slice the cauliflower head into slices. We recoomend that they are approximately ¾ inch thick.
- Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Rub the grill grates with the olive oil to keep the cauliflower from sticking to the grill.
- Combine the Seasoning – Mix the seasonings, melted butter and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Begin Grilling Cauliflower – Place the cauliflower steaks on the grill. Baste them with the seasoning mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Flip the Cauliflower – Flip the cauliflower slices. Then baste the opposite side with the seasoning mixture. Allow the other side to cook for 4-5 more minutes until the opposite side is brown and crispy as well.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
How do you Cut Cauliflower for Cauliflower Steak:
Cutting the Cauliflower for the grill is easy to do.
- Prepare area with knife and cutting board.
- Cut the green leaves off the outer area of the cauliflower.
- Clean Cauliflower with water. We even let it soak in the water for about 10 minutes.
- Dry Cauliflower and cut off steam from cauliflower.
- With Cauliflower on the cutting board, begin cutting slices through the cauliflower.
- We recommend cutting about 1 1/12 inch thick to hold up against the high heat.
- Make sure the slices are about the same size so they cook evenly.
How Long to Grill Cauliflower:
We love this side dish because it doesn’t take long to cook on the grill. Once you have sliced the cauliflower, place on the grill. You will begin brush one side and cooking the other side for about 4 to 5 minutes.
Once the side is golden brown, flip the cauliflower and top with the seasoning. Then cook for additional 4 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and tender.
Grilling Cauliflower Steak Tips:
- Cutting Cauliflower – Try to cut the cauliflower into even size slices so that they are ready at the same time.
- Flipping Cauliflower – Be careful when flipping the cauliflower as they will be fragile and can break when they are turned.
- Serving Size – Depending on the size of cauliflower, you can usually get 3 to 4 slices of cauliflower.
- Crumbs – If you have cauliflower crumbs left over after cutting into steaks, don’t throw them out. You can use it for other recipes such as a stir fry. Or if you are using a grill basket, toss it in there to cook.
- Serving – You may serve this as a side dish or main dish. This would be great if you are having a meatless dinner. It also pairs perfectly with steak, fish, or chicken.
- Roasting – This recipe can be made in your oven. Simply following the recipe as indicated but place the cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet.
- Make Ahead – You can easily make this recipe ahead of time. You can slice the cauliflower and mix the seasoning up to 2 days ahead of time.
How to Season Cauliflower Steaks:
There are many ways to season roasted cauliflower. We used simple seasoning in this recipe, but feel free to use what you have.
- Parmesan – Once the cauliflower is grilled, top it with parmesan cheese. Parmesan will give it so much flavor.
- Nuts – Add some slice almonds or chopped walnuts when serving this dish.
- Lime- Instead of fresh squeezed lemon, squeeze some fresh lime.
- Italian Seasoning – Fresh herbs or Italian seasoning would be delicious with the melted better and fresh squeezed lemon.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. When you are ready to reheat, place on a baking sheet or place it in the air fryer. This allows them to get crispy again.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Cauliflower Steaks:
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 Large Cauliflower approximately 3 pounds
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 2 Lemons juiced
- Remove any leaf layers from the head of the cauliflower and soak it in the water for 10-15 minutes.
- Then remove the cauliflower, pat it dry and remove the stem from the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower flat on a cutting board and use a long sharp knife to slice the cauliflower head into slices that are approximately ¾ inch thick.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F) and rub the grill grates with the olive oil to keep the cauliflower from sticking to the grill.
- Mix the seasonings, melted butter and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Place the cauliflower slices on the grill, baste them with the seasoning mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned and crispy. Flip the cauliflower slices, baste the opposite side with the seasoning mixture and allow the other side to cook for 4-5 more minutes until the opposite side is brown and crispy as well.
- Remove from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe