Grilled Asparagus in Foil is our favorite way to eat Asparagus. The Asparagus is topped with easy seasonings then wrapped in foil to make an easy side dish.
Grilled Asparagus in Foil:
If you are looking for an easy side dish, Grilled Asparagus in Foil is our go-to recipe. We love Asparagus but cooking it on the grill has become our favorite of way eating it.
The Asparagus is topped with easy pantry ingredients and wrapped in foil and grilled to perfection. The Asparagus comes our perfectly tender and taste amazing. We love to squeeze fresh lemon juice and serve.
Grilled vegetables are my favorite. My kids even will eat more vegetables if I grill them. So we grill them all the time. It is an easy and fast side dish recipe.
How do you trim Asparagus?
When preparing Asparagus Stalks for grilling it is important to cut off the ends that are tough. To figure out where to cut, gently bend the asparagus. Where the asparagus bends is the start of the tender part.
I then line the large piece of asparagus up on a cutting board and cut with a sharp knife. This allows you trim the tough part off the stem.
Wash the asparagus thoroughly and place in the foil.
- Fresh Asparagus
- Olive oil
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon (for serving)
How to Grill Asparagus in Foil:
- Prepare your Grill – Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare the Asparagus – Clean and cut the ends of the fresh asparagus.
- Place in Foil – Place them on the center of a piece of foil.
- Season Asparagus – Drizzle the olive oil over the asparagus and season them with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Close Foil – Fold the aluminum foil into a foil pack around the asparagus.
- Cook Asparagus – Place the foil packet on direct heat. Close the lid on the grill. Cook for 5-8 minutes on each side on direct flames. Carefully open the foil packet and make sure that the asparagus is done.
- Remove Asparagus – Remove from the grill, top with the juice from the lemon and serve.
Do you wash Asparagus before grilling?
Yes, it is important to wash your asparagus before grilling. Rinse asparagus with cold water removing dirt. We wash the asparagus before grilling and not before.
After washing them it is ready to be trimmed to prepare for grilling.
How long to Grill Asparagus?
When grilling your asparagus, make sure to not grill to long or it can become soggy. We grill our asparagus about 5 minutes on each side. The range of 5- 8 minutes cooks the asparagus perfectly.
Asparagus that is grilled to the point that is soft but still has a little crunch is perfectly grilled. It may take up to 15 minutes to grill your asparagus. It will depend how big your asparagus is.
Try Bacon Wrapped Asparagus:
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is a yummy twist on Grilled Asparagus in Foil. Everything is better when it is wrapped in bacon. Instead of placing the asparagus in foil, you place it in a grill basket for an unbelievable smoke taste asparagus.
The bacon comes out crispy and the asparagus seasoned perfect with BBQ sauce. It is a great way to enjoy our favorite vegetable. We also like to drizzle it with balsamic glaze because it is my favorite marinade.
Can I Bake Asparagus in Foil?
You can also make this grilled asparagus recipe in the oven. Bake the foil pack on a baking sheet in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes (flipping halfway through the cook time) until the asparagus are tender.
Baking asparagus is also very delicious and perfect to do when it is to cold outside to grill.
Why is my Grilled Asparagus soggy?
Grilled Asparagus gets soggy when it is cooked to long. Because asparagus doesn’t take that long to cook, you will need to watch it closely. It is a good idea to take it off the grill around the 5 minute mark and check it.
You want your asparagus to have a crisp, tender bite.
- Season with Different Spices – Season with Italian Seasoning, smoked paprika, dried thyme, or lemon pepper. Grilled Asparagus is also great with some fresh herbs such as basil or dill.
- Top with Butter – Instead of using olive oil, slice some unsalted butter.
- Add in other vegetables – Add in some sliced zucchini, red peppers, squash and red onions. The combination of these fresh ingredients turns out to be an amazing grilled vegetable packet.
- Change the Flavoring – We love to squeeze lemon, but I love to drizzle some balsamic vinegar and top with slice almonds or bacon bits.
- Add some cheese – As soon as your remove the asparagus from grill, open the packet and sprinkle some mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese for an amazing cheesy side dish.
How to Store Fresh Asparagus:
If you need tips on How to Store Fresh Asparagus then click here. Fresh asparagus will last about 5 days if store properly.
These tips will help you keep asparagus fresh so you do not waste it.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store any leftover asparagus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Asparagus in Foil:
Grilled Asparagus in Foil
- 1 lb fresh Asparagus washed and the stalks trimmed
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Lemon for serving
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- Clean and cut the ends of the fresh asparagus.
- Place them on the center of a piece of foil.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the asparagus and season them with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Fold the foil into a foil pack around the asparagus.
- Place the foil packet on direct heat. Close the lid on the grill. Cook for 5-8 minutes on each side on direct flames. Carefully open the foil packet and make sure that the asparagus is done.
- Remove from the grill, top with the juice from the lemon and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe