Learn How to Cook Asparagus on Blackstone for an amazing side dish. Grilling Asparagus really gives it lots of flavor. Easy to grill with simple ingredients.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Asparagus Recipe:
Asparagus is one of our favorite vegetables to make. We love grilling, roasting and steaming this green vegetable. It is even tasty on our Blackstone Griddle Flat Top.
Cooking on our Blackstone Griddle is perfect for my large family. We can cook our entire meal on the large flat top surface is everything gets done about the same time.
The Asparagus comes out perfectly cooked with an extra crunch and full of flavor. It is easy to make with simple staple ingredients. The perfect vegetable to make along side your steak.
How to Trim Asparagus:
When preparing Asparagus Spears for the griddle it is important to cut off the ends that are tough. To figure out where to cut, gently bend the asparagus. Where the asparagus bends is the start of the tender part.
I then line the large piece of asparagus up on a cutting board and cut with a sharp knife. This allows you trim the tough part off the stem.
Wash the asparagus thoroughly, season and place on the Griddle.
- Asparagus, trimmed
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
How to Grill Asparagus on a Blackstone:
- Prepare the Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone Griddle over medium high heat at 400 degrees.
- Oil the Griddle – Drizzle the oil onto the griddle and use your spatula to spread it into an even layer. We used avocado oil for this recipe but you can also use coconut oil, vegetable oil or canola oil as well.
- Season the Asparagus – Add the asparagus to the griddle in a single layer and season with the the garlic salt and pepper. Toss on the griddle the asparagus to coat with the oil and seasonings.
- Cook the Asparagus – Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side on the griddle, turning occasionally, until the asparagus is cooked to the tenderness that you prefer. You may need to reduce the heat to prevent from overcooking.
- Monitor so you don’t overcook – Watch closely to make sure that you do not over cook the asparagus.
- Serve and Enjoy – Place Asparagus on a serving platter or serve from the griddle.
How long to Cook Asparagus on Blackstone:
When grilling your asparagus, make sure to not grill to long or it can become soggy. We grill our asparagus about 3 minutes flipping on each side. It could take up to 4-5 minutes to cook, it will depend the size of your asparagus.
Asparagus that is grilled to the point that is soft but still has a little crunch is perfectly grilled. It is a good idea to do a taste test before removing from the Griddle.
How to Season Asparagus:
- Season with Different Spices – Season with Garlic and Lime, or garlic and parmesan, or paprika, chipotle chili and cumin. These are some of our favorites but use what you have.
- Top with Butter – Instead of using olive oil, slice some unsalted butter.
- Change the Flavoring – We love to squeeze lemon, but I love to drizzle some balsamic vinegar.
- Add some cheese – As soon as your remove the asparagus from grill, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese for an amazing cheesy side dish.
How to Store Fresh Asparagus:
If you need tips on How to Store Fresh Asparagus then click here. Fresh asparagus will last about 5 days if store properly.
These tips will help you keep asparagus fresh so you do not waste it.
Can I prepare Asparagus other ways?
Yes, there are multiple ways to prepare this amazing side dish. You can prepare the asparagus in the air fryer, bake in the oven or wrap in foil to grill on your gas grill.
Asparagus is an easy side dish that is a crowd pleaser. It is budget friendly and get purchased at your local grocery store.
What to Serve with Asparagus:
There many options to serve with Asparagus. These are some of our favorites:
How to Store Leftovers:
This asparagus is best served fresh but you can refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Asparagus on Blackstone:
Asparagus on Blackstone
- Preheat the Blackstone Griddle over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees).
- Drizzle the oil onto the griddle and use your spatula to spread it into an even layer.
- Add the asparagus to the griddle and season with the the garlic salt and pepper. Toss the asparagus to coat the asparagus with the oil and seasonings.
- Cook on the griddle for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, until the asparagus is cooked to the tenderness that you prefer. Watch closely to make sure that you do not over cook the asparagus.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe