Take your green beans to the next level and make Blackstone Green Beans with Bacon. Easy and simple side dish to make on the griddle.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Green Beans with Bacon Recipe:
We love making side dishes on the Blackstone. It saves me time and it makes for an easy cleanup. This Blackstone Green Beans with Bacon recipe is one of our family favorites. It is made with canned greens and seasoned with ingredients.
The bacon is cooked directly on the grilled and then green beans are added. They are sauteed in the bacon fat and bacon grease to give them more flavor.
If you are looking for an easy side that doesn’t take long to cook, make southern style Green Beans with Bacon. This would be the perfect side to bring to any of your holiday gatherings.
What Type of Green Beans do I use?
You can use frozen, fresh or canned green beans. If using frozen green beans, sauté them on the grill for 10-15 minutes. Keep the green beans covered and toss them every 3-4 minutes until the green beans are tender.
We used canned green beans in this recipe, but use what you have on hand.
- Green Beans (15 oz)
- Bacon, diced
- Minced Garlic
How to Make Green Beans with Bacon on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare the Grill – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Cook the Bacon – Place the diced bacon on the grill and sauté for 3-4 minutes until the bacon is browned.
- Add the Green Beans – Then stir in the green beans. Toss all the ingredients together to combine them thoroughly.
- Cook Green Beans – Sauté for 4-5 minutes until the green beans are browned. Then toss in the minced garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the heat. Place the green beans on a paper towel if you want to drain in bacon grease. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Blackstone Bacon Green Bean Tips:
- Bacon – Dice bacon before adding to the griddle. When bacon is diced it cooks quicker and gets extra crispy.
- Cooking Green Beans – Cook and season green beans on the griddle. We recommend not overcooking so the green beans don’t get mushy.
- Drain the Beans – Before adding the green beans to the griddle, make sure you drain them.
- Skillet – If you don’t have a Blackstone you can easily cook this recipe in a large skillet.
Substitutions and Additions:
There are many ways to change or add to this green bean recipe. We have even used these green beans with bacon recipe and made green bean casserole. The options are endless with this recipe.
- Add Butter
- Garlic Salt
- Cajun Seasoning
- Add in Mushrooms
- Mix in Red Peppers or Green Peppers
- Add Yellow Onion
- Use Olive Oil
- Add a Sauce – We recommend soy sauce, teriyaki sauce or maple syrup.
How to store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can easily make this recipe ahead of time and reheat in a skillet on the stovetop or place in the microwave.
Recommended Tools for Blackstone:
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Green Beans with Bacon:
Blackstone Green Beans with Bacon
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Place the diced bacon on the grill and sauté for 3-4 minutes until the bacon is browned.
- Then stir in the green beans. Toss all the ingredients together to combine them thoroughly. Sauté for 4-5 minutes until the green beans are browned. Then toss in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
- Remove from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Blackstone Side Dish Recipes:
- Blackstone Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Blackstone Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- Blackstone Brussel Sprouts with Bacon Recipe
- Sauteed Mushrooms on Blackstone Recipe