Blackstone Asparagus with Bacon is an easy recipe made with only 5 ingredients. Delicious and savory side dish made on the griddle.
Blackstone Asparagus with Bacon Recipe:
Asparagus is a delicious vegetable that can be cooked many different ways. We love making it on the Blackstone as it gets cooks easily, fast and tender. Adding in bacon makes this asparagus a flavorful side dish to many different recipes.
We have made Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe as a holiday side and it is always a crowd favorite. But now you can learn How to Make Asparagus on the Blackstone with easy steps.
As you can see, we love adding bacon to many different vegetables including Blackstone Green Beans with Bacon and Blackstone Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe. These side dishes takes minutes to prepare and perfect for a weeknight meal or to prepare for the holidays.
How to Trim Asparagus:
When preparing Asparagus Spears for the griddle it is important to cut off the ends that are tough. To figure out where to cut, gently bend the asparagus. Where the asparagus bends is the start of the tender part.
Then line the large piece of asparagus up on a cutting board and cut with a sharp knife. This allows you trim the tough part off the stem.
Wash the asparagus thoroughly, season and place on the Griddle.
- Strips of Bacon, diced
- Minced Garlic
How to Cook Asparagus with Bacon on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Asparagus and Bacon – Cut the tough ends off of the bottom of the asparagus and then quarter the asparagus. Cut the bacon in small pieces to easily cook on the griddle.
- Preheat Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). You can add olive oil if you prefer.
- Cook Bacon – Place the diced bacon on the grill and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the bacon starts to brown.
- Mix in Asparagus and seasoning – Then stir in the asparagus pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Toss all the ingredients together to combine them thoroughly and slightly overlapping.
- Cook Bacon and Asparagus – Sauté for 5-7 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the asparagus are tender. Then toss in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
How to Make Asparagus with Bacon on the Stovetop:
If you do not have a Blackstone, you can still make Asparagus with Bacon on the stovetop.
- Cast Iron Skillet – We recommend in a cast iron skillet if you have one.
- Heat – Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add Bacon – Add the diced bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes until the bacon starts to brown.
- Mix in Asparagus and remaining ingredients – Add in the asparagus pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook Together – Cooking all ingredient together for about 5-7 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the asparagus are tender.
- Add Garlic – Then toss in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve this side dish for your holiday dinner or a weeknight meal.
How Long to Cook Asparagus and Bacon:
This side dish doesn’t take long to cook. Prepare the asparagus and bacon then place the chopped bacon on the heated griddle. After a few minutes and the bacon is crispy, toss in the chopped asparagus and the seasoning.
Cook the dish for an additional 5 minutes until the asparagus is tender. Then add in minced for the added flavor and serve. Cooking time will vary.
This is one of my favorite dishes to make when I am making our main dish on the Blackstone. It makes for an easy cleanup.
- Onions – You can easily add in minced dried onions or fresh onions to cook with the asparagus. This adds so much flavor and taste delicious.
- Change the Seasoning – We used simple seasoning, but you can easily use Italian Seasoning or Season Salt. Use what you have.
- Add Other Vegetables – You can add in chopped broccoli, squash or zucchini to mix with the asparagus.
- Wrapped in Bacon – You can place the asparagus in the oven wrapped in slice of bacon for an impressive holiday side dish.
Asparagus and Bacon Tips:
- Bacon – Dice bacon before adding to the griddle. When bacon is diced it cooks quicker and gets extra crispy.
- Cooking Asparagus – Cook and season asparagus on the griddle. We recommend not overcooking so the asparagus doesn’t get mushy. Asparagus on the Blackstone Griddle taste delicious
- Making Indoors – You can make this recipe on a baking sheet or in an air fryer. Cook until tender asparagus.
How to Store and Reheat:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Asparagus with Bacon:
Blackstone Asparagus with Bacon
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 6 Slices Bacon diced
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Cut the tough ends off of the bottom of the asparagus and then quarter the asparagus.
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Place the diced bacon on the grill and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the bacon starts to brown.
- Then stir in the asparagus pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Toss all the ingredients together to combine them thoroughly. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the asparagus are tender. Then toss in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
- Remove from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Blackstone Side Dish Recipes:
- Blackstone Bacon Fried Corn Recipe
- Blackstone Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Blackstone Zucchini Noodles
- Brussel Sprouts with Bacon on Blackstone Griddle