Blackstone Corn Fritters is delicious and easy to make. This Corn Fritters Recipe cooks easily on the griddle and becomes a flavorful appetizer.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
What are Corn Fritters?
The recipe for corn fritters are fried cakes of a dough or batter made of corn and simple ingredients. It is a sweet and savory snack appetizer and are similar to hush puppies.
If you love fritters also try Blackstone Zucchini Fritters.
Can you Make Corn Fritters on the Griddle?
The ingredients for the corn fritters are mixed together in a large bowl. This mixture is scooped up and place on the griddle to cook crispy. It takes about 5 minutes for the corn fritters to cook on each side.
- Corn Kernels (fresh, thawed from frozen or canned, drained)
- All Purpose Flour
- Yellow Corn Meal
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Black Pepper
- Large Eggs (beaten)
- Whole Milk
- Vegetable Oil
How to Make Corn Fritters on Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Heat Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Mix Ingredients – In a large mixing bowl, stir together the corn, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 – Add in Eggs and Milk – Stir in the eggs and milk until the batter is well combined.
- Step 4 – Heat oil on Griddle – Spread the vegetable oil out onto the Blackstone grill with a spatula.
- Step 5 – Scoop Corn Mixture onto Griddle – Scoop the corn mixture onto the grill using a ¼ cup measuring cup. Gently press the mixture down to flatten out the patties.
- Step 6 – Cook Fritters on Griddle – Cook each of the patties for 4-5 minutes until the fritter is browned. Flip and cook the other side for 4-5 more minutes. Watch them closely as they cook so that they do not burn.
- Step 7 – Continue Cooking – Continue until all the fritters are cooked.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
How to Make Indoor Fritters:
Combine the Corn Fritters ingredients as indicated in the recipe. If cooking indoors, we like to cook in a cast iron skillet as it the results are similar to cooking on a griddle.
After heating the cast iron skillet with vegetable oil, scoop a portion of the mixture. Then pour into a heated skillet and then cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
Cooking indoors is just as delicious as if you cooked on the Blackstone.
Why are my Corn Fritters Soggy?
If your corn fritters are soggy, it is possible that your oil is not enough. You want to make sure that your oil is hot enough and you are not cooking to many fritters at once.
This will result in crispy fritters if the oil is hot.
Tips for the Best Corn Fritters:
- Deep Frying Fritters – Cook fritters until each side golden brown. You want to make sure the griddle is hot and has been oiled. This will help to prevent the fritters from sticky and will have a crispy texture.
- After Cooking Fritters – After cooking the corn fritters, place on a paper towel lined platter. This allows the paper towels to soak up in remaining oil from the corn fritters.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Corn – You can use any type of corn to mix in. You can use frozen corn, fresh corn or corn on the cob. You can also use canned corn.
- Topping – Top the corn fritters with sour cream and green onion. You can also serve as a side dish for delicious flavor.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you have on had. Add in garlic powder or mix in Italian Seasoning.
- Dipping Sauce – Serve these corn fritters with dipping sauce. We recommend maple syrup, ranch or sour cream.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How to Reheat Corn Fritters:
To reheat these corn fritters we recommend reheating in the Air Fryer. Line the air fryer basket with foil and place a leftover corn fritters on the foil. Cook at 375 for about 5 minutes and then flip
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Corn Fritters:
Blackstone Corn Fritters
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the corn, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the eggs and milk until the batter is well combined.
- Spread the vegetable oil out onto the Blackstone grill with a spatula.
- Scoop the corn mixture onto the grill using a ¼ cup measuring cup. Gently press the mixture down to flatten out the patties.
- Cook each of the patties for 4-5 minutes until the fritter is browned. Flip and cook the other side for 4-5 more minutes. Watch them closely as they cook so that they do not burn.
- Continue until all the fritters are cooked.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Blackstone Side Dishes:
- Spaghetti Squash on Blackstone Griddle
- Bacon Wrapped Blackstone Asparagus Recipe
- Blackstone Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Blackstone Totchos