These Blackstone Candied Sweet Potatoes are sweet, saucy, and caramelized to perfection on the Blackstone Griddle. This is the perfect side dish to make for all your holiday dinners.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe:
Candied Sweet Potatoes is a must for our holiday dinners. This recipe has been made several different ways, but Blackstone Candied Sweet Potatoes is our favorite. They are made with easy ingredients and cook to perfection on the griddle.
Candied Sweet Potatoes are sweet, soft, buttery and the perfect amount of sauce that brings all the ingredients together. The Blackstone makes these candied sweet potatoes tender and flavorful.
If you are looking for an easy side dish to make this Thanksgiving, make this family favorite side. You will definitely impress your family with this amazing recipe. If you love sweet potatoes, also try Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe.
- Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced into small pieces
- Avocado Oil
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Candied Sweet Potatoes on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Blackstone – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Oil the Grill – Drizzle the avocado oil on the grill.
- Add Sweet Potatoes – Place the diced sweet potatoes on the oil on the grill. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Cook Sweet Potatoes – Sauté the sweet potatoes for 12-15 minutes covered and toss approximately every 2-3 minutes.
- Top with butter and Brown Sugar – Once the potatoes are fork tender, top the potatoes with the ½ cup sugar and butter.
- Melt Butter – Toss the potatoes with the butter and brown sugar mixture until the butter is melted and the mixture is covering the potatoes (2-3 minutes).
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove the potatoes from the grill, serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
Candied Sweet Potato Tips:
- Dicing Potatoes – When I am dicing up the sweet potatoes to cook, we try to make them about the same size. This way they cook evenly and about the same time. You can dice the sweet potatoes or slice them.
- Let Potatoes Cook – When you cook potatoes on the griddle, make sure you let them cook without moving around. This creates a crispy texture.
- Fork Tender Potatoes – Make sure you potatoes are fork tender before removing them from the griddle. I also like them to have a crispy golden brown texture before removing them.
- Hot Griddle – To prevent potatoes from sticking, make sure griddle has reached a medium high heat and oiled before placing potatoes on the griddle.
- Brown Sugar Sauce – Make sure the diced sweet potatoes are covered in the brown sugar sugar before removing from the griddle.
Variations for Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- Marshmallows – Top this classic side dish with mini marshmallows.
- Pecans – Add chopped pecans for added crunch and flavoring.
- Seasoning – Add in some vanilla, cinnamon or maple syrup for add flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftover sweet potatoes in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Recommended Blackstone Tools:
Why we Love this Blackstone Recipe:
- Better than canned – This side dish is better than candied yams. This will be your new way to make this easy side dish.
- Flavorful – The combination of the ingredients make this a flavorful fall dish.
- Easy Ingredients – This side dish is budget friendly and you can easily find the ingredients at the grocery store.
- Crowd Favorite – We are cooking more recipes on the Blackstone and this classic Thanksgiving side dish is now a huge hit with the family.
Can I Make Candied Sweet Potatoes in the Oven?
Yes, this recipe can be made in the oven. The ingredients will remain the same but they will be put in a casserole dish instead of placing on the griddle. Place the baking dish in a preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
Make sure the sweet potatoes are covered with the brown sugar mixture and serve.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Candied Sweet Potatoes:
Blackstone Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Drizzle the avocado oil on the grill. Place the diced sweet potatoes on the oil on the grill. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the sweet potatoes for 12-15 minutes covered and toss approximately every 2-3 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, top the potatoes with the butter and the brown sugar. Toss the potatoes with the butter and brown sugar until the butter is melted and the mixture is covering the potatoes (2-3 minutes).
- Remove the potatoes from the grill, serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe