Blackstone Sweet Potatoes are an easy side dish that is full of flavor. Diced sweet potatoes are seasoned with easy ingredients and then grilled on the Blackstone.
Blackstone Sweet Potatoes Recipe:
Sweet Potatoes are healthy side dish that can be diced and sauteed on the Blackstone Griddle. We love making sweet potatoes whether it is roasted in the oven or baked. Blackstone Griddle Sweet Potatoes is now a family favorite.
The sweet potatoes are peeled, clean and diced in bite size pieces. Then cooked perfectly tender with crispy edges on the griddle. Seasoning the sweet potatoes are easy and can be changed to what we have on hand.
If you are looking for a new side dish for your Blackstone, make this easy vegetable. They are sweet, savory and flavorful on your Blackstone. If you love your sweet potatoes sweet, try Blackstone Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe.
Do I need to peel the Sweet Potatoes?
When we make these diced sweet potatoes, we like to peel them before grilling them. But do what you prefer. When we make sweet potato fries, we like to keep the skin on.
- Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced into small pieces
- Avocado Oil
How to Cook Sweet Potatoes on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Grill – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Heat Oil and add potatoes – Drizzle the avocado oil on the grill. Place the diced sweet potatoes on the oil on the grill. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Cook seasoned potatoes – Sauté the sweet potatoes for 12-15 minutes covered and toss approximately every 2-3 minutes.
- Cook with Butter – Once the potatoes are fork tender, top the potatoes with the butter. Toss the potatoes with the butter until the butter is melted and cover the potatoes.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove the potatoes from the grill, serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Sweet potatoes are delicious just seasoned with some salt and pepper. But they can also be flavored with many different seasonings. Here are some of our favorites:
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Seasoned Salt
Variation and Addition Ideas:
- Add Onions – For added flavor, add in some chopped onions. This gives the potatoes so much flavor.
- Mix in Mushrooms – Most of my family loves mushrooms. We add them in to a lot of our vegetables mixes and they go perfectly with sweet potatoes.
- Russet Potatoes – We like to add in russet potatoes occasionally if I don’t have many sweet potatoes. We love they look and taste.
- Fresh Herbs – Add fresh herbs such as parsley, Italian Seasoning, or Rosemary.
- Fresh Garlic – When melting the butter, you can add in some minced garlic to cook the potatoes in.
Fried Sweet Potato Tips:
- Dicing Potatoes – When I am dicing up the sweet potatoes to cook, we try to make them about the same size. This way they cook evenly and about the same time.
- Let Potatoes Cook – When you cook potatoes on the griddle, make sure you let them cook without moving around. This creates a crispy texture.
- Fork Tender Potatoes – Make sure you potatoes are fork tender before removing them from the griddle. I also like them to have a crispy golden brown texture before removing them.
- Hot Griddle – To prevent potatoes from sticking, make sure griddle has reached a medium high heat and oiled before placing potatoes on the griddle.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftover sweet potatoes in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Recommended Blackstone Tools:
Why we Love this Easy Side Dish:
- The Blackstone Sweet Potatoes get soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. This adds so much flavor and texture to the potatoes.
- The easiest side you will make on the Blackstone Griddle. Sweet Potatoes go with many different recipes. You can cook them along side your steak. Which makes for an easy cleanup.
- No need to pre-cook the potatoes. Simply cut, season and place on the grill.
- These Blackstone Sweet Potatoes are similar to Blackstone Fried Potatoes, but are softer.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Sweet Potatoes:
Blackstone Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Sweet Potatoes peeled and diced into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Drizzle the avocado oil on the grill. Place the diced sweet potatoes on the oil on the grill. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the sweet potatoes for 12-15 minutes covered and toss approximately every 2-3 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, top the potatoes with the butter. Toss the potatoes with the butter until the butter is melted and cover the potatoes.
- Remove the potatoes from the grill, serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe