These Blackstone Potatoes is easy to make and are a crowd pleaser. With simple ingredients this side dish can be made with many different seasoning.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Potatoes Recipe:
Blackstone Potatoes is the best side dish. It pairs well with steak, chicken, pork and even seafood. With simple ingredients and easy to make on the griddle, this is the perfect side dish to serve a crowd.
These Blackstone Potatoes are covered in the seasoning of your choice and then placed on the griddle to cook. They come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. These Blackstone Potatoes complete any meal.
If we need a quick side to go with our Blackstone Steak, this is the side we make. Potatoes are budget friendly and simple to make.
We love making side dishes on the griddle because everything is done at the same time. If you love potatoes, you may also like Blackstone Fried Potatoes Recipe.
How do you Fry Potatoes on a Blackstone Griddle:
Cooking potatoes Blackstone is one of the easiest sides to make. If I am looking to complete a meal, I always have potatoes on hand. I love getting the smaller size potatoes as they cook easier in this recipe.
Once I have covered the potatoes with these simple seasoning, the potatoes are placed on the hot griddle in a single layer. Then you let the potatoes cook while stirring occasionally.
I usually put them on first before making my protein, since they take about 5 to 10 minutes longer then most meats. Then the potatoes are served warm as a tasty side dish.
- Small Potatoes, (quartered)
- Avocado Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
How to Cook Potatoes on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F.).
- Add Oil – Add Oil to griddle so potatoes do not stick.
- Season Potatoes – Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss the baby potatoes to coat them with the seasonings and the olive oil and butter.
- Begin Cooking Potatoes – Add the potatoes to the grill and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Flip Potatoes – I will like to flip the potatoes occasionally to make sure all sides are cooked.
- Serve warm and Enjoy – Serve crispy potatoes immediately while warm and enjoy!
Should you Boil Potatoes before Frying them?
No, you do not need to boil potatoes before frying them. When I make recipes, I like easy recipes. That is why this is one of the best side dishes to make. All you have to do is cut the potatoes, season and cook.
Recommended Products for the Blackstone:
Rosemary Garlic Griddle Potato Tips:
- Potatoes – You can easily use your favorite type of potatoes to make this recipe. Just dice them into bite size pieces to ensure that the cook evenly.
- Let Potatoes Cook – When you smashed potatoes on the griddle, make sure you let them cook without moving around. This creates a crispy texture.
- Fork Tender Potatoes – Make sure you potatoes are fork tender before removing them from the griddle. I also like them to be golden brown.
- Hot Griddle – To prevent potatoes from sticking, make sure griddle is hot and oiled before placing potatoes on the griddle.
- Serve – Serve the potatoes with your favorite meat or dip them in ranch, BBQ sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
I love side dishes that I can use what I have on hand and make an amazing side. Here are some of my favorite ways to change the seasoning:
- Taco Seasoning – You can use your Homemade Taco Seasoning to toss these potatoes in.
- Spices – Seasoning with Garlic Salt, Cajun Seasoning, Season Salt or even chili powder.
- Fresh Herbs – Add fresh herbs such as parsley, Italian Seasoning, or Rosemary.
- Fresh Garlic – When melting the butter, you can add in some minced garlic to cook the potatoes in.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Why we love this Easy Side Dish:
- The Blackstone Potatoes get soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. This adds so much flavor and texture to the potatoes.
- The easiest side you will make on the Blackstone Griddle.
- No need to pre-cook the potatoes. Simply cut, season and place on the grill.
- These Blackstone Potatoes are similar to Blackstone Fried Potatoes, but are softer.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Potatoes:
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F.).
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss the potatoes to coat them with the seasonings and the oil.
- Add the potatoes to the grill and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes (stirring occasionally) until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe