Red Potatoes on Blackstone is a delicious side dish that cooks perfectly on the griddle. Crispy edges and soft on the inside makes these potatoes a family favorite.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Being a mom of 8, I like to cook healthy side dishes and these red potatoes are one of them. Whether we are cooking a Blackstone Steak, Blackstone Shrimp, or Blackstone Pork Chops these red potatoes are the perfect side.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
We love this Red Potatoes Side Dish recipe because how easily it cooks on the griddle. The spices are simple and the red potatoes cook with a crispy edge, soft and tender center and with amazing flavor.
If you are looking for a side dish that is quick and easy, make these potatoes on the griddle.
- Red Potatoes (cut into chunks)
- Avocado Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full list of ingredients and the recipe.
These red potatoes are one of our favorite side dishes. You can easily seasoning them with different spices. We have even used this recipe with baby potatoes, russet potatoes and Yukon Gold Potatoes and they turned out with amazing flavor or fork-tender.
Feel free to add fresh herbs or one of these spices for added flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F.).
- Step 2 – Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss the potatoes to coat them with the seasonings and the oil.
- Step 3 – Add the potatoes to the grill. Cover with a dome or close the lid on the grill. Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes (stirring occasionally) until the fried potatoes are tender.
- Step 4 – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
- Cut Potatoes – Cut the potatoes about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Prepare Flat Top Griddle – Before placing the potatoes on the griddle, we recommend preheating and adding high smoke point oil, butter or olive oil. This helps to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the Blackstone griddle.
- Cover while cooking – We recommend using a Blackstone dome when cooking these potatoes. This helps to lock in the heat so they potatoes quick and easy. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your potatoes.
How to Bake Oven:
You can also bake these in the oven at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
They are even cooked on the stove top in a cast iron skillet or large pan. Cook with the potatoes with a spatula to continue to flip the potatoes to cook both sides.
Do I Boil Potatoes before placing on the Blackstone?
There is no need to boil the potatoes before cooking on the Blackstone. Just chop the potatoes and mix with the seasoning in a large bowl. Place on the griddle in about 15 minutes the griddle potatoes will be cooked perfectly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Heat the Blackstone Griddle to about 400 degrees. This allows the potatoes to cook with a crispy texture and a soft center.
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Reheat the Blackstone potatoes recipe in the microwave for delicious leftovers. Heat in 30 second intervals to ensure that the potatoes do not get mushy.
More Easy Blackstone Griddle Recipes:
- Blackstone Smashed Potatoes Recipe
- Blackstone Loaded Potato Chips
- Blackstone Bacon Fried Rice
- Blackstone Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
- Parmesan Crusted Smashed Potatoes on Blackstone
We love hearing from you. If you make this Blackstone Red Potatoes, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Red Potatoes on Blackstone
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F.).
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss the potatoes to coat them with the seasonings and the oil.
- Add the potatoes to the grill. Cover with a dome or close the lid on the grill. Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes (stirring occasionally) until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe