If you are looking for a hearty and easy breakfast idea, make Blackstone Breakfast Hash. It is loaded with flavor and simple ingredients.
Blackstone Breakfast Hash Recipe:
Blackstone Breakfast Hash is a family favorite breakfast idea. It combines diced potatoes, eggs, bacon, and ground sausage. It is hearty and delicious and the perfect recipe to make on your Blackstone Griddle.
Making breakfast dishes on my Blackstone has become one of favorite things to make. We have made Griddle Breakfast Hashbrowns and Breakfast Sausage on the griddle and it cooks perfectly.
All the ingredients are cooked on the griddle for a flavorful breakfast. You can add in a variety of things to make this breakfast hash your own. This would be a great breakfast to make on Christmas morning or a weekend breakfast.
What is Breakfast Hash?
Breakfast is a hearty meal that can be served for breakfast, brunch and even for dinner. There are many ways to make this breakfast hash. It is usually mixed with hash browns, eggs, ham, and vegetables.
All the ingredients are cooked and mixed together to make a savory meal idea. This is perfect to be made on the griddle, in a cast iron skillet and perfect when you are camping.
- Frozen Diced Hashbrown Potatoes (28 oz)
- Ground Breakfast Sausage
- White Onion, Diced
How to Make Breakfast Hash on Blackstone:
- Step 1 – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Spread a small amount of oil onto the Blackstone Grill and spread it out with a spatula.
- Step 3 – Spread the hashbrown potatoes out onto the grill on the oil in an even layer on one side of the grill. Cook them for 10-15 minutes turning frequently until the potatoes are tender.
- Step 4 – White the potatoes are cooking, place the sausage on the opposite side of the flat surface and break it up with a spatula and brown it.
- Step 5 – Place the diced up bacon and onions in the center of the grill and sautê the bacon in the center of the grill. Stir it frequently until the bacon is cooked through.
- Step 6 – Then toss all the ingredients together and push it to one side of the grill.
- Step 7 – Whisk together the eggs in a large bowl. Pour this egg mixture onto the grill and scramble the eggs.
- Step 8 – Once the fried eggs are almost done, mix them into your potatoes and meat mixture.
- Step 9 – Then remove the breakfast hash from the grill. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe Variations and Additions:
Try one of these variations to add to this Breakfast Hash. Use what you have and make a delicious breakfast any day of the week.
- Shredded Hashbrowns
- Red or Green Peppers
- Slice Jalapenos
- Diced Ham
- Smoked Sausage
- Different Spices – Cajun Seasoning or individual spices such as paprika, garlic powder or cayenne pepper.
Breakfast Hash Tips:
- Griddle Temperature – Preheat the griddle to about 400 degrees before adding the ingredients to cook. We recommend medium heat to high heat.
- Oil Griddle – Oil griddle with a high smoke point. You can also use butter to oil the griddle. This prevents the ingredients from sticking.
- Potatoes – When placing the potatoes on the griddle, place them in a single layer. Continue stirring the potatoes while the cook. You can place them on the griddle frozen.
- Sausage – Place the sausage on the griddle and while cooking, break up and small pieces.
- Bacon – Dice up the bacon before adding to the griddle. This is quick way to cook the bacon.
- Serving – This breakfast hash recipe is best served warm.
How to Serve:
Breakfast hash is a complete meal idea. It has everything you need to hearty and filling breakfast. Here are some easy sides to serve with this breakfast hash.
- Fresh Fruit
- Slice Avocado
- Make a breakfast burrito by wrapping the cooked ingredients in a warm flour tortilla.
- French Toast
These are some easy topping ideas for the Breakfast Hash:
- Slice Jalapenos
- Hot Sauce
- Siracha Sauce
- Shredded Cheese
Why we Love this Recipe:
- Complete Meal Idea – This is the perfect to use what you have in the refrigerator. This breakfast idea is packed with everything you need for an easy breakfast idea.
- Easy Clean Up – Cooking everything on the griddle makes for an easy cleanup.
- Cooks Perfectly – The bacon, sausage, and potatoes all cook with the perfect amount of crisp and delicious flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. When you are ready to serve, reheat in the microwave.
Tools you Need:
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Breakfast Hash:
Blackstone Breakfast Hash
- 1 bag Frozen Diced Hashbrown Potatoes 28 oz
- 1 pound Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 6 Eggs
- ½ White Onion Diced
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Spread a small amount of oil onto the Blackstone Grill and spread it out with a spatula.
- Spread the hashbrown potatoes out onto the grill on the oil in an even layer on one side of the grill. Cook them for 10-15 minutes turning frequently until the potatoes are tender.
- White the potatoes are cooking, place the sausage on the opposite side of the grill and break it up with a spatula and brown it.
- Place the diced up bacon and onions in the center of the grill and sautê the bacon in the center of the grill. Stir it frequently until the bacon is cooked through.
- Then toss all the ingredients together and push it to one side of the grill.
- Whisk together the eggs in a large bowl. Pour this egg mixture onto the grill and scramble the eggs. Once the eggs are almost done, mix them into your potatoes and meat mixture.
- Then remove the breakfast hash from the grill. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Can you make this in a regular pan or in the oven if you don’t have a grill??
Yes you can make it on a skillet.