If you love cooking breakfast on your Blackstone, make Blackstone Hashbrowns. Crispy, flavorful and easy to make hash browns. Perfect addition to any breakfast.
Blackstone Hash Browns Recipe:
Blackstone Hash Browns is one of our favorite things to cook on the Blackstone. We love crispy hash browns, with a side of Blackstone eggs and bacon. This combination gets my kids up on the weekend.
Cooking on the Blackstone Griddle has been so easy to do. These frozen hash browns only takes less than 15 minutes and they turn out so good. It is almost as if we are cooking restaurant style food, right at home.
Hash browns are one of my favorite sides to any breakfast. I love that I can cook everything on the griddle and serve my family right from the griddle. There is no need to dirty up a bunch of dishes. Using the Blackstone makes for easy cleanup.
Frozen Hash Browns on Blackstone:
Cooking hash browns on the griddle, doesn’t require that the hash browns be thawed. You want to make sure that your griddle is hot and that it has been oiled properly before placing hash browns on the griddle.
If you are using frozen hash browns, use your Blackstone Spatula to break up any frozen pieces to create a nice flat layer. Once your hash browns have cooked on one side and are nice and crispy, then flip the hash browns.
Then cook the remaining side. If you do not like your hash browns to crispy, you can flip them when it reaches the level of crispiness that you prefer.
- Shredded Hash Browns (30 oz bag)
How to Cook Hashbrowns on Blackstone:
- Prepare Griddle – Heat the Blackstone griddle over medium heat (to approximately 350 degrees F). Spread the butter out onto the griddle with the spatula and let it melt.
- Add Hash browns to griddle – Place the hash browns onto the griddle and divide them into serving sizes on the griddle.
- Break up any clumps on hash browns – Then use your spatula to tap them down until the thickness is even. Then do not touch them.
- Begin Cooking hash browns – Cook for approximately 6 minutes (without touching them).
- Check level crispiness you prefer – Gently lift one edge to check to see if they are browned.
- Flip hash browns – If browned, flip the hashbrowns and continue cooking for 4-6 minutes until the opposite side is browned.
- Serve and enjoy warm – Then carefully remove them from the grill. Serve warm and enjoy. Season with salt and pepper if you prefer after they are finished cooking.
How Long to Cook Hash Browns on Blackstone:
Cooking hash browns on the Blackstone Griddle doesn’t take long. It all depends on the level of crispiness you prefer. I like my hash browns really crispy so I tend to keep it on a little longer.
One of my kids likes to have their hash browns soft. I cook their hash browns a few minutes less than everyone else’s. It is important when cooking hash browns that you separate in small piles so that they are easy to cook.
This helps to the hash browns to every body’s preference. But the general rule is cook the hash browns about 5 minutes on each side. Remember there is no need to keep flipping. You only need to flip once and then your hash browns are done.
What to Serve with Hash Browns:
There are so many different sides that go great with hash browns. We love serving hash browns as it really completes our morning breakfast. Here are some of our favorites:
- Scrambled Eggs – Really any type of eggs would be great as a side with hash browns. We have made scrambled eggs, fried eggs, and boiled eggs.
- Blackstone Fried Bacon – Learn How to Make Fried Bacon on the Blackstone. It is so good and the perfect amount of crispiness.
- Fruit Salad – I always try to serve a fruit when preparing breakfast. Fresh fruit is so good for you and is refreshing paired with these hash browns.
Can I add Meat to the Blackstone Hash Browns?
Yes, you can add meat to the hash browns. That is why we love the Blackstone Griddle so much is because we can cook everything right on the griddle. Then we are able to mixing everything together without dirty a bunch of dishes.
Add in the following meats to take your Blackstone Hash Browns to the next level:
Blackstone Hash Brown Variations:
If you would like to add some additional flavor to your hash browns, then you can. Hash brown are great as is, or with some additional ingredients.
- Bell Peppers
- You can even crack a egg over the top of cooked hash browns.
Can Hash Browns be Made in Advance?
We do not recommend making hash browns in advance. Hash browns are best served right off the griddle as if you try to reheat them they will loose their crispiness.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Hash Browns:
- 1 bag Shredded Hash Browns 30 oz bag
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- Heat the Blackstone griddle over medium heat (to approximately 350 degrees F). Spread the butter out onto the griddle with the spatula and let it melt.
- Place the hashbrowns onto the griddle and divide them into serving sizes on the griddle. Then use your spatula to tap them down until the thickness is even. Then do not touch them. Cook for approximately 6 minutes (without touching them). Gently lift one edge to check to see if they are browned. If browned, flip the hashbrowns and continue cooking for 4-6 minutes until the opposite side is browned.
- Then carefully remove them from the grill. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe