Grilled Shrimp on Blackstone turns shrimp crispy, juicy and full of flavor. Cooking shrimp on a Blackstone Griddle is fast, easy and a family favorite.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Shrimp on Blackstone Griddle:
Grilled Shrimp Recipes is one of our favorite ways to eat shrimp. They cook so fast on the grill so it is always a great weeknight meal.
Cooking Grilled Shrimp on a Blackstone Griddle is so easy and fast. With my big family, I can toss dinner on the griddle and dinner is done in less than 15 minutes. I usually don’t even place the food on a serving plate. I usually just serve from the griddle.
Grilled Shrimp is great eaten by itself or place on a bed of rice or salad. Shrimp is a healthy a delicious fish that everyone enjoys. Blackstone recipes have now been our favorite weeknight meals.
You may also like this Grilled Shrimp Taco Recipe.
What is the Best Shrimp to use?
The perfect shrimp to grill is the large, jumbo or colossal size shrimp. We buy the shrimp that is already peeled and deveined. But you can grill shrimp with the peel on. I like to keep things easy, so I look for the shrimp that is already peeled.
When cooking shrimp on the Blackstone, always buy raw shrimp.
- Raw Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Minced Garlic
- Lemon, juiced
How to Cook Shrimp on Blackstone:
- Prepare Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone Griddle to medium high heat (350-400 degrees F).
- Add Shrimp – Melt approximately 1 Tbsp of the butter on the griddle. Then place the shrimp directly on the griddle in the melted butter.
- Cook Shrimp – Sauté the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until the shrimp is pink (only flip the shrimp once). Move the shrimp to make an opening on the griddle in the center of the shrimp.
- Add Seasoning to Griddle – Place the remaining butter, minced garlic, salt and pepper in this opening on the griddle. Then toss the shrimp in this mixture for 1 minute until the garlic is aromatic.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove the shrimp from the grill and place in a large bowl. Top with the lemon juice and it’s ready to enjoy.
Blackstone Grilled Shrimp Tips:
- Use Raw Shrimp – When making this recipe, we recommend using raw shrimp. You can use the pre-cooked shrimp but the shrimp could get overcooked in the foil packets.
- Cook in the Oven – If you prefer, you can make place the shrimp in the oven.
- Use Fresh Lemon – Squeezing fresh lemon is best when adding in your seasoning.
- Shrimp with Tails – You can easily use shrimp with tails on or tails off for this recipe.
- Grilling Shrimp on Gas Grill – You can use this same recipe, just oil the grill grates and place shrimp in a foil pack or place on wooden skewers and grill.
What to Serve with Shrimp?
When we serve this Grilled Shrimp on Blackstone we like to serve with different sides. Most of the time, I try to do sides that can easily be prepared or can be grilled so it is easy clean up. Here are some of our favorites:
- Grilled Bake Potatoes – Bake Potatoes are an easy side and they come out perfectly when grilled.
- Broccoli Grilled in Foil – We love grilling broccoli. It is easy and also comes out perfectly.
- Easy Crock Pot Rice – Rice, vegetables and shrimp is our favorite dinner option.
- Blackstone Green Beans Recipe
- See What to Serve with Grilled Shrimp for more ideas
Variations on Grilled Shrimp:
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers – Instead of putting shrimp directly on the griddle, thread the shrimp on a wooden skewers. Marinate the shrimp with butter and seasoning. Grill about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add Vegetables – Toss in red potatoes, broccoli, and squash on the griddle for a complete meal. Add your seasoning and this shrimp recipe turns into an amazing dish.
- Change the Seasoning – If you want to add some spice to your recipe, add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Make Shrimp Tacos – Once you have finished grilling your shrimp, wrap them in a tortilla topped with your favorite tacos. You can also do shrimp fajitas.
- Olive Oil and Lemon Juice – Toss to coat the shrimp with Olive oil and Lemon Juice and cook on the stove top.
- Grilled Shrimp Salad – Top your favorite salad with grilled shrimp. This a nice change from the normal grilled chicken.
- Shrimp Scampi – Quickly grill your shrimp and add it to your favorite scampi sauce. Toss with some angel hair pasta for an amazing meal. You can have dinner done in about 30 minutes.
- Shrimp Fried Rice – Make Shrimp Fried Rice right on your griddle. If you have leftover white rice toss with your shrimp and veggies.
How long do you cook Shrimp on a Blackstone Griddle:
When preparing your Blackstone Griddle to cook your shrimp, make sure that it is heated properly. We use a temperature gun to make sure our griddle reaches a temperature of at least 350 degrees before cooking the Shrimp.
Grilled Shrimp only takes a few minutes on each side.
Can you use Frozen Shrimp?
When making this recipe, you can use fresh shrimp that you get at the meat counter or purchase frozen shrimp. If you purchase frozen shrimp, make sure to let it thaw before cooking. It will take about 20 minutes to thaw out.
To let it thaw, place shrimp in a colander and let it run cold water until thaw. You can also put the frozen shrimp bag in the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. Grilled Shrimp and rice makes for the perfect lunch the next day.
Also see Leftover Shrimp Recipes.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Shrimp on Blackstone:
Grilled Shrimp on Blackstone
- Preheat the Blackstone Griddle to medium high heat (350-400 degrees F). Melt approximately 1 Tbsp of the butter on the griddle. Then place the shrimp directly on the griddle in the melted butter.
- Sauté the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until the shrimp is pink (only flip the shrimp once). Move the shrimp to make an opening on the griddle in the center of the shrimp. Place the remaining butter, minced garlic, salt and pepper in this opening on the griddle. Then toss the shrimp in this mixture for 1 minute until the garlic is aromatic.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill, top with the lemon juice and it’s ready to enjoy.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Blackstone Griddle Recipes:
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- Blackstone Salmon Recipe
- Scallops on Blackstone
- How to Cook Bacon on Blackstone Griddle
- Blackstone Garlic Butter Shrimp