Blackstone Hibachi Rice is easy to make and full of flavor thanks to the Blackstone. Make delicious take out rice at home with this easy recipe.
Blackstone Hibachi Rice Recipe:
Blackstone Hibachi Recipe is taking our classic fried rice recipe to the next level. Cooking it on the griddle is so easy and perfect when I am feeding a crowd. The flavor is amazing and the rice get those crispy edge that my family loves.
If you love going to the Hibachi Restaurants, then you must try our other Hibachi recipes. We have made Hibachi Steak, Hibachi Chicken and Hibachi Vegetables. It will save you so much time and making these recipes at home.
Blackstone Hibachi Fried Rice is quick and easy side dish that taste amazing. It is a family favorite and we love to add in chicken or shrimp for a complete meal. It is the perfect meal to use up leftovers and eat them in a variety of ways.
What Kind of Rice is used for Hibachi?
When preparing to make Hibachi Rice it is important to start with cold, leftover rice. Making rice ahead of time is also a good idea. If Hibachi Rice is on the menu for the week, I plan ahead and make it a few nights before.
The best rice for Hibachi rice is a long grain rice such Jasmin White Rice or Basmati Rice. This Hibachi Rice can also be made with brown rice.
- Cooked Rice cooled
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Eggs lighty beaten
How to Make Hibachi Rice on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Grill – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium low heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
- Melt Butter – Add the butter onto the griddle and use your spatula to spread it around.
- Add Rice and Seasoning – Pour the cooked rice onto the griddle. Then top it with the sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir Fry Rice – Sauté the rice on the griddle for 3-4 minutes until heated through and slightly browned.
- Add Egg to Griddle – Move the rice to one side of the griddle. Then add the beaten eggs on the Blackstone griddle.
- Cook Egg – Scramble the eggs on the griddle.
- Mix Together – This mix together the eggs and rice.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy! I love using leftover rice to make this easy and delicious recipe!
Is Hibachi Rice the same as Fried Rice?
Hibachi Rice and Fried is very closely the same thing. Some may use a different rice when making Hibachi Japanese Fried Rice than what they use for Fried Rice. The main difference is where you mix the rice is when it is called something else.
Hibachi Rice is made on a griddle but fried rice is usually make in a skillet or wok inside.
How to Make Hibachi Fried Rice on Stovetop:
You can make Hibachi Fried Rice on your stovetop if you don’t have a Blackstone Griddle. The recipe is basically the same and the process is too. You may just have to work in batches depending on how much you are making.
- Place the butter and melt in a frying pan or wok over medium high heat.
- If you are adding in vegetables, add them in now so you can cook them tender.
- Then add egg, and scramble until cooked. Then mix with the vegetables until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the cold rice with the seasoning and combine with the vegetables and the scrambled eggs.
- Add soy sauce and heat. Serve and enjoy the savory flavor of fried rice.
Blackstone Hibachi Fried Rice Recipe Tips:
- Cold Leftover Rice – Make sure the rice is already cooked and then completely cooled before tossing it on the griddle. It heats better when you use leftover rice.
- Hot Griddle – It is best to cook Hibachi Rice on a hot griddle. It heat the rice and the other ingredients perfectly.
- Soy Sauce – Use the right amount of soy sauce. You can also add more once it is served.
- Butter – When we make Hibachi Rice, we recommend using butter instead of oil. It gives the rice more flavor.
- Prepped Ingredients – Because Hibachi Rice doesn’t take long to cook, having the ingredients set and ready to go is recommended.
- Sautéing Rice – We recommend when making Hibachi Rice is to let it cook and don’t flip the rice to much. We like the rice to have those crispy edges.
What is Yum Yum Sauce?
Yum Yum sauce is a hibachi sauce that is served at Hibachi Restaurants. It is a blend of mayonnaise, ketchup, rice vinegar, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
It is used for dipping your chicken, steak, or shrimp in. But it can be poured over your Hibachi rice for added flavor.
- Add in Vegetables – This Hibachi Rice is a base rice recipe. So adding in frozen peas and carrots or other vegetables is recommended.
- Stir in Meat – For a hearty rice, we like to add in leftover chicken, sausage, or shrimp. It gives the rice so much flavor, texture and we love it because it completes the meal.
- Seasoning – You can use different seasoning if you prefer. We love to add in some minced garlic and heat with the butter.
- Sauté Onion – We like to add onion with the butter if we have it for added flavor.
- Soy Sauce Substitution – You can substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos.
How to Reheat Hibachi Fried Rice:
To reheat Hibachi fried rice place in a microwave safe dish and reheat. I usually heat in 1 minute intervals until thoroughly heated.
You can also reheat on the griddle for a few minutes. I like reheating on the griddle especially if I am cooking another recipe on it.
How to Store:
Refrigerate the leftover in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We love having leftover Hibachi Rice. It makes a perfect side for lunch the next day. It reheats well and it is still very flavorful the next day.
Recommended Tools you Need:
Easy Hibachi Fried Rice Recipe:
If you have recently purchased a Blackstone Griddle, we recommend starting with this easy Hibachi Fried Rice Recipe. We think that the Blackstone Griddle is perfect for cooking fried rice. Because of the constant high heat and the large cooking flat top.
Rice is inexpensive meal to make and you can easily add in more vegetables and meat. The Blackstone Griddle is perfect to feed a crowd or a large family. We have started to cook many things on it, and they food always comes out perfectly heated and full of flavor.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Hibachi Rice:
Blackstone Hibachi Rice Recipe
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups cooked rice cooled
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 larges eggs light beaten
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium low heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
- Add the butter onto the griddle and use your spatula to spread it around. Then pour the cooked rice onto the griddle and top it with the sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Sauté the rice on the griddle for 3-4 minutes until heated through and slightly browned.
- Move the rice to one side of the griddle and then add the beaten eggs on the Blackstone griddle.
- Scramble the eggs on the griddle.
- This mix together the eggs and rice.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe