This sweet and tangy Yum Yum Sauce is a popular dipping sauce at Japanese Restaurants. Delicious and easy to make sauce at home.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Homemade Yum Yum Sauce Recipe:
We love making homemade sauces so we can control the ingredients that are added. Most sauces that are sold at the store are full of ingredients that are necessary and hard to pronounce.
This sauce is very popular and served at Japanese Restaurants. It is their Japanese Steakhouse Sauce. We love to go to Hibachi cooking style restaurants and this sauce is always served. My family loves it, so I knew I could make it at home.
This sauce is creamy and delicious and simple to make. The mayonnaise based sauce is combined with easy seasoning that make this a flavorful sauce. We like to serve it to dip many different things in it.
What is Yum Yum Sauce?
Yum Yum Sauce is a popular sauce that is served at Japanese Hibachi Restaurants. It is light, sweet and tangy and perfect to dip all your Hibachi Cooked food in. My kids also love to dip their fries and chicken nuggets.
It is easy to make with simple ingredients. We keep a jar of this yummy sauce in our refrigerator at all times.
You will be amazed how homemade sauce taste better than store bought sauce.
- Butter, melted
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Rice Vinegar
How to Make Yum Yum Sauce:
- Combine Ingredients – Whisk all the ingredients except for the water in a small bowl.
- Stir in Water – Slowly add in the water until the sauce is the desired consistency that you prefer.
- Serve and Enjoy – Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
How to Serve Yum Yum Sauce:
This fry sauce as my kids sometimes call it, can be served and used for many different purposes. That is why we always have a jar made of it in the refrigerator.
- Hibachi Grill Shrimp – We love cooking Shrimp on our Blackstone. This Yum Yum Sauce is the perfect shrimp sauce to dip the shrimp into.
- Fried Rice – If you have made a batch of fried rice or noodles, drizzle some of this sauce over the top to add amazing flavor.
- Grilled Meats – Anytime I make grilled chicken or grilled salmon, I always have a side of this sauce to dip the grilled meats in.
- Spread for your burgers – Skip the mayonnaise and mustard and spread this sauce on your buns. Perfect on your grilled burgers and hot dogs.
- French Fries – Perfect dipping sauce for your fries.
- Vegetable Tray – We love making vegetables trays with ranch dipping sauce, but recently have been adding a side of this sauce. My kids will actually eat the vegetables because of this dipping sauce.
- Pasta Salad – If you are making a batch of pasta salad, mix in a this sauce instead of plain mayonnaise.
- Bake Potatoes – Drizzle Yum Yum Sauce over your bake potatoes to change the flavor of your potato.
- Stir Fry – This is the perfect sauce to use for a stir fry. We like to add a little when we are cooking our meats on the Blackstone. It gives it so much flavor.
Variations or Substitutes for Yum Yum Sauce:
- Sriracha Sauce Substitute – You can use Ketchup or tomato paste instead of Sriracha sauce in this recipe if you prefer.
- Smoked Paprika – We used regular paprika, but you can definitely use smoked paprika if you prefer.
- White Sauce – Adding in the Sriracha and the paprika turns the white sauce into a flavor yum yum sauce.
- More Spicier – If you prefer to have your sauce to be a bit more spicier you can add in a teaspoon or two of hot sauce.
Yum Yum Sauce Tips:
- Desired Consistency and Flavor – Add more seasoning or liquid to have it more spicier or as think as you like it. That is why we love making our own sauce, as I can make it just like my family wants it.
- Let the sauce Set – We recommend letting the sauce set in the refrigerator before serving. It is best to let it set overnight which allows for all the seasoning to blend.
- Meal Prep – Since the ingredients are simple and usually have on hand, we like to keep this sauce stocked in the refrigerator.
How to Store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
How Long will Yum Yum Sauce Last:
If stored properly, this Yum Yum Sauce will last about a week in the refrigerator. Making homemade seasoning and sauces is part of my weekly meal prep. It is nice to have everything prepared for the week for those busy nights.
Easy Dipping Sauce:
If love the dipping sauce that you are served at the Japanese Restaurants then you must make this recipe. Yes, it great with Hibachi style recipes but we love it on many different things.
This sauce is super quick to make and it is best made the night before serving. The ingredients are simple and you can easily find them at your local store. If your kids like dipping their fries in ranch or ketchup, then this is the sauce to make.
Print Recipe here for Yum Yum Sauce:
Yum Yum Sauce
- Whisk all the ingredients except for the water in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add in the water until the sauce is the consistency that you prefer.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe