This Blackstone Egg Roll in a Bowl is the perfect weeknight meal. It is full of flavor and made with easy ingredients. Easy low carb recipe idea.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe:
This is the Best Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe thanks to making it on the Blackstone. If you love traditional egg rolls, then you are going to love this recipe. This recipe can easily be prepared on the Blackstone with easy ingredients.
All the ingredients are cooked easily on the griddle to give it the best flavor. We made this recipe with pork but you can easily make with ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground beef.
We love using our Blackstone Griddle for many different recipes. Because of the large surface, I can make a large batch of this recipe at once which saves me time. This Blackstone Recipe has become a family favorite and the perfect weeknight meal.
What is Egg Roll in a Bowl?
Egg roll in a bowl is the ingredients that are usually found in an actual egg roll but without the wrapper. We love making this dish when we have leftover meat from another meal and vegetables.
The ingredients can easily be changed to what you have and it is still so filling and flavorful. This low carb dish is my go-to recipe when I am needing something the whole family will eat.
Making egg roll in a bowl, there is no deep fry the egg roll wrapper. Making this dish in a bowl form, saves you time and calories. You can have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes.
- Ground Pork
- Small Onion, diced
- Chicken Broth
- Minced Garlic
- Sesame Oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Ground Ginger
- Soy Sauce
- Coleslaw Mix with Shredded Carrots (16 oz)
- Green Onions, sliced (for topping)
How to Make Egg Roll in a Bowl on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Grill – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Cook Sausage, onions and garlic – Brown the pork on the Blackstone with the diced onions and the minced garlic until all the pork is browned (3-4 minutes). Cook and stir the ingredients until fully cooked.
- Add in Coleslaw Mixture – Stir in the coleslaw mix until thoroughly mixed in with the pork.
- Combine remaining ingredients – Top the mixture with the sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, soy sauce and broth. Stir to combine.
- Continue Cooking – Cover or close the lid and cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes until the coleslaw and carrots are soft. Stir every 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve topped with the sliced onions and enjoy!
How to Serve Egg Roll in a Bowl:
After making this easy recipe there are many ways you can serve it.
- Lettuce Wraps – You can easily put the cooked ingredients in a lettuce leaf and wrap it up. This would make a perfect low carb recipe and healthy too.
- Dips – You can drizzle the top of the egg roll in a bowl with many different sauces. Yum Yum Sauce, Siracha, more soy sauce, or green onions.
- Soups – If you have made a light broth soup, it would pair perfectly with this recipe.
- White Rice – Make some white rice or cauliflower rice for an easy side.
Make Egg Roll in a Bowl in a Skillet:
If you don’t have a Blackstone Griddle, you can easily make this recipe in a large skillet. Cook the sausage as indicated and add in the remaining ingredients. Cooking in a skillet still makes this recipe an easy weeknight meal.
Dinner can still be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the Protein – If you cannot find ground pork in your area, ground chicken or ground beef will also work great in this recipe.
- Change the Vegetables – We used a bag coleslaw mix with this recipe, but you can easily a broccoli mix. There are many different options in the produce section.
- Nuts – For an extra crunch, you can add in peanuts, water chestnuts or slice almonds. I would recommend adding them towards the end of the cooking time.
- Mushrooms – You can easily mix in mushrooms with this recipe.
- Vegetarian Option – If you prefer to make this vegetarian, omit the protein and substitute with tofu. Instead of using chicken broth use vegetable broth.
- Add More Vegetables – For a veggie packed dish, you can easily add in broccoli, zucchini, and squash. Peas, edamame, or bean sprouts are other vegetables that I would recommend adding.
- Coconut Aminos – Instead of using soy sauce, you can use coconut aminos. This is the perfect substitute for soy sauce.
- Oil – If you don’t have any sesame oil, you can use olive oil or any regular that you have.
How to Store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If I have a large portion leftover, I like to store in individual containers so it is a quick lunch for my husband.
My kids will also eat this for an afternoon snack.
Blackstone Egg Roll in a Bowl Tips:
- Top with Green Onions – I love topping this recipe with sliced green onions before serving.
- Work Fast – The Blackstone grill is hotter than a traditional skillet, so work fast to avoid the griddle from burning.
- Change the Protein – You can change the protein to ground turkey, ground chicken, or even ground beef.
- Cook Thoroughly – Make sure sausage has cooked before adding in the coleslaw mixture. Before serving, we like to make sure the carrots are soft.
How to Reheat Leftovers:
This egg roll in a bowl can easily be reheated in the microwave or for a few minutes on your griddle. If I have a large portion leftover, then I like to reheat in a large skillet.
Can Egg Roll in a Bowl be prepared in Advance?
Yes, you can make this recipe in advance. When stored overnight the ingredients really marinate together to give the dish amazing flavor. Egg Roll in a bowl makes the perfect meal prep for your lunches for the week.
Egg Roll in a Bowl is budget friendly and is a healthy alternative to going out to lunch everyday. This dish heats well in the microwave and I know I am getting a low carb, tasty lunch every day.
Recommended Tools you Need:
Easy Blackstone Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe:
If you have recently purchased a Blackstone Griddle, we recommend starting with this easy Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe. We think that the Blackstone Griddle is perfect for cooking these easy ingredients. Because of the constant high heat and the large cooking flat top.
This recipe perfect to change the protein to what you have on hand and you can easily add in more vegetables. The Blackstone Griddle is perfect to feed a crowd or a large family. We have started to cook many things on it, and they food always comes out perfectly heated and full of flavor.
This recipe is perfect for meal prepping with or making in advance for an quick dinner idea. We love all the flavors and I usually add in vegetables that need to cook when I make this recipe.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Egg Roll in a Bowl:
Blackstone Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Brown the pork on the Blackstone with the diced onions and the minced garlic until all the pork is browned (3-4 minutes).
- Stir in the coleslaw mix until thoroughly mixed in with the pork.
- Top the mixture with the sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, soy sauce and broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover or close the lid and cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes until the coleslaw and carrots are soft. Stir every 2-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with the sliced onions and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe